Round 1 | Spa Francorchamps

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I think at the 10 min 30 second mark call GTE's to queue at the end of the pit lane. Then go at the 10 minute mark. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I think you can prevent people entering during qualy. I agree with this would be nice especially as for some people their PC's are at the limits of performance running rFactor 2 DX11. Any drivers who miss qualy can enter during the warmup. With very large grids this could be a nice feature to have :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

That's what I mean :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

Excellent idea. We'll do that.
    We can't prevent people from leaving and joining the server during qualy, but we can ask them to be polite and not do that with regard to the drivers on track. I'll make a note of it in "General info".

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Hi John...Just for info...Alexander was there but stated in chat that he had hardware issues/bad stuttering and that he had tno choice but to leave the server.

Regards,
    Bret

6. John vd Geest

Ah thanks, I couldn't remember who it was that left. I'll take him out of that list.

7. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

A very up & down race for me. The early part was going quite well, car felt good etc, until I was exiting Eau Rouge and got kit by an LMP2, Alex I think it was...so sorry for that Alex, just a misunderstanding I think, sadly I thought you were going to go to the right and make the pass hence why I moved over to the left. Found my rhythm again and started to push along, had a good fight with Simon for a few laps. The latter stage of the race I had Mark in my sights about 4 or 5 seconds up the road, closing here & there until I lost the car and fell back, then towards the end I decided for some reason unbeknown to me to crash:eek:....pitted for long repairs and came home 12th.

Grats to John for the GT3 win & Paulo for the LMP2 win.

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. John vd Geest

Marcos Junior and Joseph Wright are under investigation for race incidents.

9. John vd Geest

Grats to Paulo Lima in the P2 and John Melichar in the GTE for their race wins. Pure domination! We'll get them next time :D
    Also grats to all podiums and to all drivers for their support of this series.

Special thanks to our broadcast team Alex Skinner and Matheus Marçal who did an outstanding job.
    Don't forget to give a like on the YouTube video :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Denis Pimenov

Denis Pimenov Pro Driver

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><div></div>

thanks for the stream!
    it may be better to move the stream to the first post

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

A few concerns about this.

Firstly, I really hope that this still means whatever car you pick for the next race is the car that you must remain in for the following races.

Secondly, this should have been decided on well beforehand. Lance and I would have ran the Porsche together and he wouldn't now have this issue where he is somehow not registered for the remaining races.

I understand the reasoning for opening the class up, but I also liked the idea of not having 16 of the same GTE cars on the grid.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. John vd Geest

I get your point. But the list was created for members who were going to do most events, not for 1 event here and 1 event there by all different members. I can't keep track of that by 1 list. And I'm not going to create 6 different "select your car here" lists.
    With this new reality, the list doesn't work anymore.

Btw, I'm in the middle of taking care of Lance's problem :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lance Link

Lance Link Pro Driver

John what about if once you drive a car that's you car for season. Alot of switching before season was confusing but now guys are locked in. Maybe if you miss or sitout a race then you can switch for next race so no one uses it as a advantage by picking best car for track or if we get a bop in next update and throws off the balance and guys all jump ship to fastest car .

• Like Like x 3
  14. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Understood. I still think that drivers should be locked to their selected car (at start of next race) for the remainder of the season. Changing cars after the start of the next race should not be allowed under any circumstamces IMHO.

Happy to hear you are trying to sort out the issue for Lance. We appreciate that John!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. John vd Geest

Interesting, but who will check if people stay in their own car. I have no appetite to police that. I'm busy enough.
    Besides, you shouldn't make things overcomplicated. People come here to enjoy themselfs and drive cars really fast. Not to study a rulebook.
    If everybody has the opportunity to choose the car they want, there's no unfair advantage.

16. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

I don't see how having people stick to their selected car is over complicating things.

Sure, we are all here for fun, but I'm sure there are a number of us who are also here to try and simulate real muti-class racing over a simulated season.

Impossible to appease everyone of course, but having drivers stick to their selected car shouldn't be considered complicated. The honor system will likely need to be used.

17. John vd Geest

I'm sorry if you don't agree, but I will not change that rule.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

We will have to agree to disagree then I suppose lol. It is what it is and I won't get distraught over it, just would have been nice to have known this earlier. Maybe if a second season is done with the endurance pack we could allow drivers to pick whichever car they desire, but they are locked in for the season?

19. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Guys, remember that John puts in a ton of time at this website to make it a great experience for us all. He is one of several Volunteers and this is like a second job for him to maintain this site and his series. I would not expect him to put in a minute more to ensure everyone is driving the correct car. John is the admin of this series and his decisions are final. Some rules may change as the series progresses. That's just how it goes as we try to be flexible and accommodate everyone's suggestions.

As for me, my car was probably the slowest on track because I didn't put in enough time to make it faster. I've brought shame to the Corvette name. :) So I will work harder before the next race. Spa was a great event and I really enjoyed racing Jerry, Nigel, and Brian. I got in front of those guys because of a mistake Nigel made but that didn't last long as I made a stupid mistake on the last turn. There was plenty of crash action out there and I witnessed some careless driving. I also saw some great driving and my experiences with P2 drivers were good. 2 hours and 24 minutes at Le Mans will be an epic challenge. See ya there...

• Like Like x 3
  20. John vd Geest

Sure, but then I would have to give it some serious though on how to adminstrate that with different drivers on all events :)

• Like Like x 1