Round 1 | Spa Francorchamps

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

the replay file was linked earlier

2. Alex Freitas

Alex Freitas Pro Driver

Where?Can you point out the post?Thanks!

p.s. : I meant the .vcr file.

3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 3
  4. Alex Skinner

Alex Skinner Pro Driver

Was definitely an interesting race to watch if I may say so.

What I found funny was that LMP2's were more careful in traffic than in VEC .

Great job to the podium finishers in both classes.

Broadcast is up on the SRO YouTube for y'all to watch at your leisure. After a couple problems on my end we've fixed it so everything should be good for Le Mans in two weeks.

Skins looked absolutely outstanding (and Paul I couldn't stop laughing at your L plate on your corvette ).

Once again great to be able to broadcast this and we'll see you for Le Mans

• Like Like x 8
  5. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Glad someone noticed it. Felt like a learner when I made a stupid mistake going through Eau Rouge which cost me a chance at a podium ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Alex Skinner

Alex Skinner Pro Driver

I saw something on the car and when I realised it was a L plate I started laughuing on the broadcast. And it happens. Just don't make the mistake at LM ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

I was one of those that left and came back during qualifying. Not intentional. By accident, instead of exiting to my pit stall, I exited the server. You guys might want to keep that in mind if you guys are closing qualification from drivers coming in.

Btw, my ass is starting to feel better.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

agreed with Johnny.
    my team mate kept getting dc, in quali.
    so if you get one dc, thats race over, nice DNS for you

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

You can always reconnect after the Qualy is over during the Warmup before the race.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

lol, why you oke"s disagreeing with me??
    theres nothing to agree or disagree with.....

11. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

They disagree with you because the race is not over if you get disconnected during qualifying.
    As I stated in the post above, you can always rejoin the server during the 5 minute warm up session after the qualifying.

12. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Since I'm the host of this series, I can't be a Neantherthal going through traffic with a proto like I normally would!
    That definitely cost me a bit of time. I have to stay on the side of caution.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Pro Driver Broadcaster

I think that the traffic was good for both classes. GTEs were considerate and P2s were patient. Especially during GTE fights. There was only one car who was a bit silly in turning into me whilst I was alongside him, but other than that, the classes worked together well. Much better than a lot of series I have watched/competed in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Alex Skinner

Alex Skinner Pro Driver

This :rolleyes:!
    Definitely was something i could say y'all did better than the big leagues. No problems with traffic

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Simon Marshall

Simon Marshall Pro Driver

I have a feeling this was me, I sincerely apologise. Different leagues handle this differently, I certainly wasn’t in the best frame of mind at this stage with all the drive throughs I had done. I will brush up on the rules around this and I can’t remember if this was due to me being chased down or not. I did recall thinking I might get a penalty for that

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  16. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

i know, and i then agreed with you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Denis Pimenov

Denis Pimenov Pro Driver

I ask you, place Stream of our race on the first pages of the theme of the stages

I consider it a bad form to see in the cap the topic is not our arrival, but a stranger

18. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

All video goes in media.

• Agree Agree x 1