rFactor 2 Round 1 Spa

Discussion in 'Le Mans World Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Hi Gerhard,
    This information was posted in "Event Details"
    @Ken Jagger A suggestion about this kind of info (mandatory pit, tyres wear, etc.) to be posted in Event Notes if it is possible. I must admit I also didn't saw it in "Event Details" only here, few posts above.
    I think in "Event Notes" it will pop up in our eyes.
    upload_2021-6-30_13-49-38.png

2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Thank you Flaviu, but thats not the point. I knew about 2x tyres. We practiced that way. But Race was different.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Hi All
    Congrats to all podium player ,awesome pace :eek: thank you admin for the fun.

Was so long ago seens I did LMP cars , and at the time it was Project Car game.
    I enjoy those iconic car even though they are so complex to drive and set up.
    Maybe I go for less hp next time , as I clearly couldn´t handle 480 in race ;)

Think ACD most have a Team chat Gerhard ;):confused:;) :eek::eek:

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

That sounds easy enough I agree, but then we have been putting this information on the race page as you have illustrated for nearly 2 yrs, most members should be aware of it by now. If they aren't, then they are not reading the series or race pages carefully enough. The majority of races in a series will use the same rules, perhaps with the odd exception of a change in weather or race distance, but these are on very rare occasions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

On our server Gerhard? That's strange indeed if softs lasted that long and assuming you were running the same lap times? I didn't practice until 1.5hrs before the race and I quickly established that softs would only last maybe 50% of the distance. I ran mediums and would've struggled to reach the end without a tyre change, even without my own mistake in taking a "mandatory" stop. :)

6. Ken Jagger

Very odd indeed :confused: I don't have any idea what to investigate. Is this only with the BMW?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

No Ferrari had stuff covering the windscreen but only in the race ,was fine on the server the day before.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Sorry Ken, I don't know. I see above, Phil B. had the same issue with Ferrari. I just tried all the cars offline, chose the BMW, practiced (not to much because the heat wave). And due to my late join to server in race day, I wasn't able to try another cars. I tried 3 of 4 times with different BMW skins, with the same result.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

I'll take a look at what I get when the server is up for the next race. In the meantime if anybody else discovers any answers, then please let us all know.

10. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

I had exactly the same problem as Flaviu, however I had a session on the server during the week and the BMW was working fine.
    Setups are compatible with each other so I took the Corvette.
    The holidays are coming to end so I will not be able to participate in the other races.:(

11. Ken Jagger

So it worked before the race, but not at the race?

12. Ken Jagger

Sorry to hear that Didier, your participation is always much welcomed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

Yes, practiced on sunday 27 with bmw.

14. Ken Jagger

Same server so that's even more strange o_O