Assetto Corsa Round 1 Spa

Discussion in 'Bad Voices GT3 Challenge Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  2. Ken Jagger

Four members still need to pick the car/skin they want to use in this series and there is only one BMW Z4 car available. All the McLaren 650's have of course been selected.

Farouq Thalib
    Johnny Gutierrez
    Paul Anstey
    John vd Geest

3. Ken Jagger

Will the following drivers please join the server and run a couple of laps so that we can capture their STEAM GUID number which is needed for the server configuration to assign their selected car/skin.

Olman Morales
    Harry Bargamento

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

Whoever is using the nickname "Arrowhead (Slice)" on the server needs to change it to their real name. Only real names allowed on SRO servers. :)

5. Harry Bargamento

Harry Bargamento Pro Driver

Hello Ken that's me. I will change my ingame name as soon as I get to my pc. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Neil Tasker

Neil Tasker Pro Driver Donator

i'm going to try get AC up and working to join this race too may need some help i am new to AC

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

If you want to do a TS session sometime Neil, drop me a PM and I'll help you out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Neil Tasker

think I'm there now ken managed to get on server just a case of navigation around menus now and knowing what's where,
    can you turn the wheel off in the in car view ?

9. Ken Jagger

Look in the front menu Options/View menu for "Hide Driver Arms" & " Hide Virtual Steering Wheel". :)

10. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

TRACK LIMITS
    Can we have clarity of what the track limits are here? A lot of places allow usage of the green sections on the outside of the kerbs at Spa. So are we allowed to use these or not?

In particular:-

Turn 11, the lefthander after the Bruxelles hairpin

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_spa_16-4-119-18-41-25.jpg

Turn 15 - Stavelot

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_spa_16-4-119-18-44-21.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Neil Tasker

Had to withdraw from this one sorry guys catch you next round

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Ken Jagger

In all races at SRO the white(ish) lines define the limits of the track surface. It is allowable to run on the kerbs as long as two wheels stay inside the white line. Of course it will happen in normal racing that we will all overrun these limits occasionally, but unintentionally, which will not generally be considered to be a problem. What we don't want to see is repeated, intentional disrespect for these track limits, which we consider to be beyond the bounds of fair competition.

13. Andre Depit

Andre Depit Pro Driver

Hi just seen the time for the race and therefore withdrawn. Sorry but still working at that time so pulling out. Hope you all have a great race.

14. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

I was really excited about this, but something important came up and I probably will not be able to join the first race, I will not unregister at the moment, however, I am going to do that once I am certain that I can not make it, so If any of you guys looking to register and worried that you will not make it into green, register now! :D

15. Ken Jagger

FINAL CALL
    The following members have registered for the race but have not yet selected a car/skin.
    There are a only 3 x Mercedes-Benz AMG, 2 x McLaren MP4-12C and 1 x McLaren 650S cars still available. If you do not choose one before the race, you will get a randomly allocated car from these 6 when you join the server.

Farouq Thalib
    Johnny Gutierrez
    Sheen Silva
    Joao Bernado
    Mert Kayer
    John vd Geest

Also Phil Brown has made a car selection but has not registered for the race, so will become Red-Light if he does register between now and the race, assuming nobody else unregisters in the meantime.

For any SRO member who has not driven an AC race before at SRO w
    e also need your GUID info to set up the server with the car you have requested. You can get it and post it here by doing this:

Go to your Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs ...
    Open the log file with Notepad, you'll find the long number on 4th line with the name:
    Steam Community ID.

OR you can join the SRO server, do a couple of laps and your GUID will be automatically recorded.

16. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

I'm not sure if I can get into the race today, but I tried to do some kind of setup if I could. It did not feel very good, but at least I'm still top of the list, so it's probably not the worst.

17. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

I'm not sure if I will get home in time for this round, I have unregistered for Spa but really hope I can make it.

18. Ken Jagger

Thanks for updating us Norman. I'll leave your car allocation active for this race in case you do make it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  19. Ken Jagger

Car selection is now closed for this race.

20. Harry Bargamento

Harry Bargamento Pro Driver

Hey Ken, do you live stream this race? Would love to share a link to it. Thanks!