Assetto Corsa Round 1 St Petersburg

Discussion in 'Hillman Imp Classic Trophy Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Maybe the admins have bigger tank :D

2. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Was wondering why they had us download 2 separate updates :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

:oops::oops::oops::p

4. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

I´m too tired to race tonight, c u in next one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Disconnected from the server :mad:
    I was finally starting to catch back up to 2nd again after my extended repairs in the pits :(

In 2 minds if I was robbed or saved TBH. These cars have god awful physics - they drive like a front engined car with the rear brakes sticking...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Apologies to the people that ran into me while I was floundering in the middle of the track, sorry. I would have been quite fast if it wasn't for the walls :eek:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

During the race, I had to move the brake towards the front of Balans.
    Some brake bugi moved the brake balance backward by itself 66% I moved it forward during the race 75%

8. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

It was my first and last race in that "thing". She has a so wrong ffb, so wrong balance, behaviour, no brake power setting for everyone to match up with his own local hardware stuff... Maybe only the sound is pretty ok, even if it's not easily believable for a 1000 only, but I don't know.
    And that track wasn't better to my opinion, but this is only for once.

I was very happy to discover that Sro was running another classic car(s) series on AC after a long break. So I just wanted to jump in. But that mod is too bad imho, or just my mother forbids me to drive such unfinished mods.

About the race itself : sorry José Branco for our contact, but I had no room to put my car within the racing rules, I had to aim for my 2 left wheels to stay on the 'official' part of the track ; still, I waited for you just to be sure to be on the right side of the things. :)
    Also sorry to the guy who spun in front of me at the very last corner of the race (can't remember who), I should have waited for you to save your position, as I knew this series wasn't for me anyway. My thoughts with you.. :oops:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  9. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

Brake balance towards the front, then the car is perfectly driveable!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Yeap, I know I can setup brake balance. :p I had within the 68 to 74% front and it didn't improve the car at all, it could even easily block the front wheels in a stable braking but put your car insta-square as soon as you touch the brakes while slightly dynamic about your gravity center. That doesn't make any sense, even for a mid-rear engined car. I suspect something really wrong about the suspensions, the running gear.
    But no, not perfectly driveable. o_O
    :rolleyes:
    :D

11. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers but no need to do that. Actually I am not 100% sure what happend there, either my own mistake, the car trying to kill me or Paul hitting me from behind. Even after watching the replay I can´t tell but anyway.

I understand your feeling, this car is horrible under braking. At a street track you need to be confident in the car, but I was only confident that I will eventually crash. And see, exactly that happend in the last lap at the last turn :oops: But it could have happened earlier, but I did not dare to go to the limit. Yesterday it was a bit better. My teammate and myself tested a lot of different set up options (brake balance, diff coast...). He was not happy at all, of course the brake balance change helped a bit, and avoiding early downshifts, probably also blip the throttle at the downshift. But it still is a bit random what the car does, and I miss the option to reduce the brake pedal force - most mods have that option.

So I am also not that motivated but I will give it another try, maybe it is better at the next track.

12. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

This, indeed. Heel&toe is pretty hard to manage with this car depending on the fact the car doesn't allow for a braking power adjustment coupled with a given hardware stuff, one's pedals. I have the v3 here and it's extremely weird, unnatural to be very cautious not to apply more than a very tiny weight on the brake pedal while at the same time the engine of that car has a very slow revving rate so that you have to seriously blip the throttle for a long time. If we were at least able to setup that braking power like in almost every AC car it would be much better yet.
    Still the car ffb is deeply wrong too here.

13. Jose Branco

Jose Branco Pro Driver Donator

Very difficult race for me the car feels totally wrong and any change I try just dont make it better align with no FFB and too sensitive brake pedal, I can only use the top 20% before blocking the brakes and loose the car, so need to be very gentle on the brakes and no confidence at all I have a lot of work before the next race ;).

@Maxime Tendil , no worries mate I took it as a normal first lap race incident everyone try to keep the line and avoid anyone else, and I need to give you kudos for your sportsmanship :cool:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Kimi Martikainen

Like many here mentioned, this mod is not very good. Somewhere in interweb is GTL 60's pack including proper IMP, I think we can change car to that one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

Anyone else interested?:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kimi Martikainen

17. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

I had already thought about this. When we did a couple of TCL series a year or so ago I rember that Imp being very good, although no one used it because it was so uncompetitive against the other cars. I think you need to talk to Ken really. It might not be possible or reasonable to change the car once the series is underway.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

If I hit you Philipp, sorry for that but it didn't look like it from my car. I will check my replay. It looked like we were side by side going in to the last turn and your car just appeared to go straight on. In a previous lap i passed you but felt I crossed the red line so i gave it back on the front straight. In the first few laps it was like pin ball. I bumped someone in the rear then spun, then got hit by a few while recovering. It was all I could do to keep the front wheels in front! I had a lot of fun though.

19. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

There would be brake pressure adjustment and gear transmission adjustment!
    STRONGER FFB

20. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

I watched the whole replay, and found it to be very exciting to watch. To watch the cars racing, you wouldn't think they were so hard to drive. Philipp, if you watch the final corner from the camera inside my car, in supper slow motion, you will see that we never actually touch. You lose the back end under braking. I was incredibly close, arguably, too close but we didn't touch. We had a great race together. I think I passed you then crashed, then caught up to you about 3 or 4 times. I had forgotten about my unfortunate timing, finding Phil around a blind corner, across the track, and broad siding him. That was one of many incidents. It was lucky the damage was turned to low or there would not have been a lot of finishers. I know we will have fun in the next one. I look forward to it. Thanks Ken for this interesting and fun experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1