Assetto Corsa Round 1 Vallelunga - Wed Nov 3, 2021

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza WRX Tuned Closed' started by John vd Geest, Oct 19, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hope you all enjoyed the chosen mod. I found it interesting because of the true to life handling (feels like it anyway) and the special nature of this car compared to easier to drive mods out there. You really have to pay attention to what you're doing. I salute you all for daring to be on this adventure with me.

Now, this track was just to get your feet wet, now come the really interesting tracks for this car ... starting with Calabogie :cool:

Grats to my teammate Laurent for the win. He has really aced this car, together with Phil.

Results are up on the event page.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

That was much more fun than I expected, just need to adjust my driving style and all was way better after that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

No problem Karl there was a bit of lag, that caused the tap .

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  4. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Some action shots from Vallelunga
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. John vd Geest

Cool shots Norman. :)

6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Have to apologise for the contact with Kimi (I think) into the last corner. He made a good pass on me but I wasn't expecting it and we banged doors. Then I lost control a bit and wacked his car sending us into a half spins. I ended up facing the wall on the racing line. Whilst trying to reverse off the racing line I collided with the 2 cars behind me. Sorry guys it was really clumsy of me. :(

Well done to the winners and pods. :)

I found the car very difficult to drive and was way off the pace I usually expect of myself. But I have found this with road cars. I remember a similar problem I had with the Ultima GTR road car in AMS1. Just couldn't drive it at any kind of speed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I had the black car which was the fastest, so that was a bit cheating :p

Put in a good lap for qualifying in P1. I got off pretty well on the starting line. Phil was within a second for the first half of the race. I knew as long as I didn't make a mistake (even slight) it would be hard for him to overtake. I saw him pushing in my mirrors but we never got wheel to wheel during the race. About half way I got a 2 seconds (+) margin to Phil, and it never got down from there. Except for a mistake I did putting my rear tires slightly in the grass right before braking and completely missing the corner. But I was able to rebuild the gap quickly. I don't know whether Phil made some small mistakes, or he wasn't pushing as hard, or I was just faster at that point.. we were pretty even on pace for this one. John seemed to be in a league of his own in third, well done mate!

I like the fact that this is a road car for once. I have no idea how the car drives on the upcoming tracks.. we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

I found through testing that tire pressure is important on the upcoming tracks. Specially on Horsma and Charade which are bumpy. Too low a tire pressure makes the car unbalanced. All of them have to be perfectly green.

• Informative Informative x 2