rFactor 2 Round 1 VLM Sebring - Sat Jun 10, 2023

Discussion in 'Trans Am 2 2022 Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 29, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Just to be clear, the start time for the race on the server for us drivers is 19:00 GMT (Qual), while the race time in the game is set to 13:00 PM.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  2. John vd Geest

On a side note ... Every self-respecting Canadian / American at SRO should join this series :cool:;)

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

ha ha! I would be there but I cannot miss the all british car show, this coming weekend! It's the main event of the year! It's my little babies time to shine....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

She now shines in my profile picture!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Ive posted my setup 2.03 something on lots fuel.
    Its very quickly done.

Tips:
    1 turn into corner and hit apex
    2 exit with lots gas, control with steering and gas but this is your main focus
    3 if gets scary, close eyes and press gas

setup is downloadable via SRO site.

• Like Like x 2
  6. John vd Geest

This means we will have a spot of rain in the last 10 minutes.

7. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

That's funny John, The race actually starts at 13:15 mountain standard time which in Alberta Canada is where we are. I will be at the car show ....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

All of the events start at either 12 noon on weekdays or 1pm on weekends here in Western Canada as we are 7 hrs behind of England or 6 hrs behind GMT. Couldn't do this if I wasn't retired.

• Like Like x 1
  9. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

2. Sebring Conditions
    1) The race will start at 01:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 10
    4) This race has 100% damage
    5) There is no mandatory pitstop
    6) This event has a formation lap & rolling start. We drive the formation lap in double file in Qual order.
    8) When the pole sitter crosses the start line, the race starts for the whole field.

3. Raceday weather conditions
    The server is set for real-world weather conditions.
    In the last 15 minutes there will be rain.
    Look for the weather conditions above in post #19 above in this thread.

4. You can find the password for the race server on the Sebring event page.

5. You can find the server by first typing sro

6. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

7. No-shows (keeping the entry list real)

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

8. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

9. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.
    Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

10. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Q didnt manage good lap at all. 1st time trying light car so braking points and so on were off.
    R Had high hopes for this one. Race pace was 2.03's easily as managed to do those laps consistently on 120 liters of fuel but well slippery track got me.
    then didnt have balls to drive T1 so i got hit and after that tilted wheel, car refusing to go straight.
    It stayed after repairs so just couldnt doit.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. John vd Geest

Unfortunately, I was the one that hit you in turn 1. Just braked too late because of a brain failure ... :oops:
    And we talked about not practising so much anymore because of how idiots only take you out in turn 1 ... That's ironic.
    Really sorry man. Picture me sitting there with my mouth open and my hands in front of my face :confused:

And I was so looking forward to the race with rain in the end .... duh.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Had fun. Felt like some kind of suicide mission.

Seen Toni and Nick trying to teach me those ballerina moves. I try not to be into that stuff much but sometimes participate. Waited for Toni but he was destroyed by some kind of heat seeking missile of some sort. Then I heard it was just friendly fire.

Nick was fast. Gained a few tenths here and there.

Teammate Ed caught up to me and I got scared. Spun, crashed and lost my front bumper.

Over all, had a crazy time.

Good racing all. On to the next.

Cheers,

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver Donator

Mad race, I feel like these cars don't want to brake or go round a corner unless your going round sideways, all fun though, had a great view of @John vd Geest into T1, Had a little contact myself on the exit not sure who with? Think I also had some contact with @Edward Jones apologies if it was my fault bud, pretty much on my own after that and was doing ok at keeping it on track until the rain came, not sure if I was driving a race car or lawn mower as I seemed to find every bit of grass around the circuit.

Looking forward to the next :cool:

Beautiful looking car.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

very enjoyable race, should have pitted sooner for wets as i was all over the place on slicks, good battle with johnny.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Thanks Robin, She is my pride and joy! All original 1983 Esprit Turbo Investors Edition with only 45000 miles. She proudly sat among MG's, Mini's, Mclaren's, Aston's, RR's Bently's etc. It was a fun day. Looks like you all had an event filled race with the real weather aspect. I look forward to joining all of you at the next race. It maybe difficult, as Saturday afternoons are normally booked in our short summer here, but I will try to get a few in.:)