rFactor 2 Round 1 Watkins Glen

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance S2 - S397 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I'm having the same issue Karl.
    I have checked I have everything and all seems installed. I can access all cars and the track offline
    I have removed all SRO files from packages folder
    Still getting package unavailable.
    I've just deleted the track and reloading it. Not sure what else to do.
    Are we sure there's no extra skin package I need?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Can someone give me the version number for the cars please?
    I have BMW 1.27, Corvette and Porsche 1.49, Norma 1.51 and the Oreca 1.41
    Track version is 1.02

3. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

BMW 1.32 and 1.33, Corvette 1.56 and 1.57, Porsche 1.56 and 1.57, Norma 1.60 and 1.61, Oreca 1.44 and 1.45. I don't know why i have two versions of them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

OK thanks. It doesn't look like I have the up to date versions of the cars. I have no idea why it hasn't auto updated to the latest version. I have checked Steam and the auto update feature is enabled. I'm at a loss to know what to do next. rFactor2 will not allow me to delete the old versions in order to force a reload of the cars. Any ideas?

5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Only thing I can think of now is uninstalling the whole pack and let Steam Workshop install them again when you start up rF2.
    Are you still subscribed to the pack in the workshop?

6. Henri Miettinen

Try to remove those car files. rFactor2/installed/vehicles folder and restart rfactor.

7. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Unsubscribe from the content on workshop in steam.
    Restart rf2 launcher. it should remove the cars.
    Close rf2 launcher.
    Go to steam workship and resubscribe to the content.
    Restart rf2 launcher. It should re-download the latest versions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Henri Miettinen

These cars are not from the workshop.

9. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

ok.
    so un-subscribing to every thing and restarting steam
    then re-downloading it again helped

11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Just a quess (I cant get onto my pc just at the moment) it could be that what you are seeing is the versions of the cars with the shader updates. The 1.45, etc is the car with the update. Which only happened just recently. I’ve noticed that my custom liveries for the cars are now no longer found so I need to re create the custom folders, and move the DDS files, etc.

As others have mentioned though. Those with issues may have to completely remove all parts of the car pack and then reinstall it via the S397 store part of the STEAM page. Which I did have to do once with the GT3 cars.

Which reminds me I need to do a spring clean. My packages folder is full of old RFMODS, lol :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

This is not a good idea. I deleted the BMW M8 from the vehicles folder and Steam has now decided to reinstall all of the workshop items some 42GB. I left my PC on overnight and will go and check on it later.

13. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I knew there was a way of doing this as I went through this a few months ago. As mentioned Steam is now reinstalling everything but I suspect if I had done this then I would have been OK. I shall bookmark this thread for the future, Many Thanks :)

14. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Thanks for reply but as mentioned these items don't appear in the Steam Worshop :)

15. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Paul, check the link on an earlier post.

you will find it under............(or rather above boiling water!!)

steam app......... users name(eg the Amazing Steeg).......... inventory ........... rFactor 2 .....

there it shows your cars.
    you can then select a car .... click view Workshop item..... then unsubscribe.

it works.

:):D:D:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. John vd Geest

Please read the first post of the thread "General info & series rules" to familiarise yourself with the series rules:

Hope everybody can make it. It would be an awesome sight to see 36 cars on the grid.
    If you can't make it, please unregister in time so the "red lights" can have a chance to race.

Just as a reminder, if someone doesn't show up without un-registering (the no-shows), he will be removed from the complete series.
    This is only fair to all the other drivers who have a right to know what the actual grid looks like and who are committed to race.

https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/general-info-series-rules.3150/

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Carl Middleton

Carl Middleton Pro Driver

Has password changed as can not get on server with practice password

18. John vd Geest

Yes, the race password is in effect now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Carl Middleton

Carl Middleton Pro Driver

ya cheers john see that now but now it says package not available

20. John vd Geest

Try uninstalling / removing the SRO server files in content and then try again.
    I just checked. I can get on without problems. It's not the settings.
    Did you download the track from the tab "Cars and track"? Make sure you have that version.