rFactor 2 Round 1 Watkins Glen

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance S2 - S397 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Thank you!!
    you are a hero.
    i hope to find another second so i can atleast keep up to you.
    thanking you kindly

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Caitlin Penny contacted me that she would like to do the broadcast for this series. She will do all events except round 2 Brno.

So ...... this series is BROADCASTED !!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

its apparent that im way too slow for this series. I was getting passed on straight like I was standing still...after spinning twice then wrecked into wall decided to retire. il do more practice this week for Bruno but im not seeing how to make up the lack of pace.

4. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

well..need to do longer stints for next race then. its a new car for me so live and learn.

my fronts just gave it up. softs at start and then tried meds too. same shit.
    nevertheless good start for a new car and series so cu in next one!

gz John and class winners!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Not about the pace but joining in and doing your own race. Thats what it is for longer races. Focus on finishing and driving safe.
    Speed comes after.

keep it up!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

WOW!!

thank you lads for a great race.
    some lads have epic pace, i just couldnt keep up.

took myself out the fight with a failed pit stop.
    basically a drive through and a pit stop.
    i nearly cried and gave up.
    but kept on pushing.

Thanks all,
    Thanks Caitlin.
    Congrats Victors in classes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  8. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Lol what a race! :D I forgot to configure the lcd keys, so I didn't know who to drive in front of me and who behind me, and how much racetime are left etc. Also i lost my sound after 10 laps. But the race went well, no big mistakes, except just before the last corner of the race i hit the wall and lose some time :D Grats to LMP2/3 winners! :)

When someone left the server, my game freeze for a few seconds, and continue same spot after that, so i lose few seconds then. Anyone else having the same problem?

• Like Like x 2
  9. John vd Geest

I'm sure it was a great show to watch the battle LOL! I'll do anything for viewer ratings :p

Grats to Pablo Finotti (GEAR Teammate) for the LMP2 win.
    Grats to Henri Miettinen for the GTE win.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. John vd Geest

Toni Talvitie explained and showed me before the race that the secret of the LMP3 lies in the powerful torque of the car. That means that you don't need to shift down too much for the corners. Stay in 1 higher gear and let the torque of the engine pull you out of the corner. Also better for rear grip as an artificial Tracktion Control.
    Watch the onboards of Toni and me and you'll see what I mean.

11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Well done to everyone to turned up and all the class winners.

Ok race for me but a severe lack of pace. My biggest puzzle was just top speed. I need to check that my throttle isn’t playing up just In case. I’ve had some issues previously where only 96% throttle was only being read so I need to just check again.

So I had 179mph top speed in offline practice, 175 on the server, 184 in qualifying....and 163 in the race. Lol. I was having trouble just passing the GTE cars.

I was even slowing down going uphill after turns one and two. Which I didn’t get at all offline when practicing this week.

Oh well, I made it to the end. And I’ll play around with various options to see what’s wrong.

Well done to the class winners, great job :)

And many thanks to the broadcast team. Good job :)

• Like Like x 4
  12. John vd Geest

No, that didn't happen to me in the race. Everything was stable all the time.

13. John vd Geest

I bet you didn't use the low aero package ...

14. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

few competitors in lmp2, only 4 cars out of 9 with big differences between them.
    even if it was a very intense race with many cars to double several times, it is a little frustrating this lack of competition.
    bad for serious people who would have liked to register in lmp2 ..
    I hope this category will be complete for the next races.
    congratulations to all participants, not easy on multiclass;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Really? I didn't even know there was a low aero package. My goodness lol.

Congrats to winners and finishers!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

It was an almost perfect race for me, my first in a year.
    Only (big) problem I had was that I had to avoid a 911 that had spun in S3 and I had a small contact with the wall avoiding it. Costed me ~15 secs, but I was lucky that corner had a huge runoff area.
    Apart from that, I was extremely careful when lapping other classes, to avoid any kind of trouble, and could watch some good fights in GTE and P3. It was a shame that only 4 P2's showed up. I hope we can have a full grid next round.

Thanks all for the good race, and the broadcaster.

PS: Big Thanks to @John vd Geest for helping me with the setup. I was going completely the wrong way,m and without his help, this race would have been a lot less comfortable for me.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

Check the broadcast. Your throttle was never over 70-75% during the race.

18. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hi Pablo, thanks for confirming. I knew something wasn’t quite right!

Felt like I was trying to driving through treacle towards the end. Lol

Anyway I got a finish and that’s the important thing to start with. I’ll look into it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. John vd Geest

That's what teammates are for Pablo :). Awesome and dominating win! You really let it rip there ;)

20. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

After the server was set wrong for qualifying I could not get back on to the server for the start of qualifying rf2 was taking forever to load back up.

Had a lot of fun starting from the back, I just need to find my pace I use to have I think it has gone walk about.

Opening round was a good start to the series.

Congrats to Pablo for his lmp2 win John lmp3 and Henri gte.

• Like Like x 3