rFactor 2 Round 1 Zolder 2016 - Sat Jan 16, 2021

Discussion in 'Palatov D4 Season 01 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 1, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO default 07.jpg

[​IMG]

Welcome to Zolder

Built in 1963, Zolder hosted the Formula One Belgian Grand Prix on 10 separate occasions in the 1970s and 1980s, as well as the 1980 Belgian motorcycle Grand Prix.
    F1 moved to Zolder in 1973 and with the exception of a race at Nivelles-Baulers in 1974, Zolder was the location of the Belgian Grand Prix until 1982.

Zolder has also been used for cycling events including the UCI Road World Championships twice in 1969 and 2002 and the UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships in 1970, 2002 and 2016. The latter saw the first confirmed use of mechanical doping when Femke Van den Driessche was found to have a secret motor inside her bike.
    Since 2009, Circuit Zolder has hosted a cyclo-cross race in December for the World Cup. The circuit hosted the UCI BMX World Championships in 2015. In 2019 and for the first time ever the UCI BMX World Championships will return to Circuit Zolder.

In the beginning of 2006, the track underwent safety adaptations. In 2007, the track hosted a Champ Car World Series Grand Prix, and a round of the FIA GT Championship. The track was venue of a round of the World Series by Renault championship from 2003 to 2006, and replaced Zandvoort as site for the Masters of Formula 3 in 2007 and 2008. Zolder was featured on the car programme Top Gear in 2008. In the episode, the show's British hosts competed against their German counterparts from D MOTOR. Zolder hosted also the FIA WTCC Race of Belgium in 2010 and 2011. The last race they drove in 2011 was won by Rob Huff in a Chevrolet and Gabriele Tarquini in a SEAT. The WTCC then disappeared from the Belgian circuits until in 2014 the circus returned to Spa.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  2. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

I practiced for this race and then read. Wrong car!!! :oops::confused::D O'well. The only thing we have is time.

3. John vd Geest

That's a shame. The info is the General info thread for what car version to use. At least you know the track now :)

The server will go up today. Sorry for the delay, but there is work being done on the servers.

Just so everybody knows:

Car version used:

We will drive the D4 - Trackday version.
    (not the D4 2018 version)

• Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

5. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I am having a error loading the event mod. Is there one I can install myself.

6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Working whole weekend.

7. John vd Geest

Yeah, you should download the mod from the event page link to Steam.

8. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I keep getting booted off the server , it loads & I can jump in the car but then in less that 20 seconds it boots me back to lobby .does not matter if I'm in the car or not it still boots me ? anyone else ?
    I was on it yesterday with no issues ..

9. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Earlier I crashed twice to desktop when I got in the car but third time I was okay. I am not sure if this has any relation with loading the event mod from server yesterday it loaded today no problem.

10. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

A new rfmod/vmod has been created since Friday, so uninstall any earlier rfmod named "SRO Palatov D4 Zolder_10" so the new one will reinstall when joining the server.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

Thx ! I will try that tonight after work !

12. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I thought these cars looked very odd, but I did a few laps when testing the new server and they are a lot of fun to drive. Should be a good series :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Rob Milliken

Im good to go now !

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Ricardo Ferreira

Ricardo Ferreira Pro Driver

Nice race guys. Well done to podium.
    I failed Q. Thought it was 20:00 :D. Had a nice start but never had the pace to front runners.
    don't know what happened in overtaking @John vd Geest. I brake even early to avoid any contact.. and I just felt a contact to the front.
    Sorry anyway dude.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

Goes to show how important prep is, last of the runners and 2/3 laps down. I was driving the car like a 4WD for the first part wondering why it wasn't working, then looked at the diff settings.... D'oh! But, the close racing at the front really made my night. I hope everyone enjoyed driving the Palatovs, they're a little mad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. John vd Geest

I took my line as usual into the chicane, but you were already half next to me under braking, so we had a door to door contact.
    Then I hit the wall and lost a rear tire. No problem, stuff happens sometimes. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  17. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

With a lucky overtake in the beginning I could drive this one from the front. Wouldn't really have the pace to get there today, as I was loosing time on some slower places. I have somewhat understood the driving mistakes on some corners towards the end, but still only reason I won this one was because of some misfortunes behind me.
    Had a terrible stop, due to not realizing the sudden change to 100kph speed limit (should have been 60) until the pit-exit...

Still, well done to all and see you next time

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Not a great race on my part as I was responsible for Johnny's crash:(.
    Pace was very good at the front and we were all pushing hard to gain an advantage. Pretty difficult to overtake with these cars...
    As discussed with @Johnny Gutierrez already (reiterating my apologies here), I saw the opportunity to give it a go and thought there was a gap that didn't exist in reality. I should have been more patient. Johnny left quickly the server and, at the time, I wasn't completely sure of my level of blame in the incident... I continued the race and caught @Dino Paolini that had got 2.5 secs advantage after the crash with Johnny. That felt good even if I wasn't happy with the race after crashing with Johnny.
    Dino had a good plan for the pit strategy. Came in at the right time (just before catching some lapped drivers). I hadn't prepared at all and, worst, didn't change the settings to repair the damage I had got myself on the crash with Johnny. The result was an extra 8 secs in pits and both P1 and P2 gone.
    I hate causing a situation like the crash with Johnny. Keeping the balance right between being cautious and aggressive is, unfortunately, not always possible. I'll be taking a drive-through in the next race as a penalty for this incident.
    Here the video of the race from my angle:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

In case you haven't noticed, there are no results for this race on the site

20. John vd Geest

Sorry, I forgot to do them. The results will be up tonight :)

• Funny Funny x 1