rFactor 2 Round 1 Zolder

Discussion in 'ACD USF2000 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

maybe a solution, i found in a forum

It has been solved by changing from 30 to 0 this parameter of the player.json
    "Heat Fx Fade Speed": 0

maybe
    someone can try, i have no time till tomorrow

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

That fixes the problem, no blur or bubbles :)
    (when I try offline)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gerhard Hofmann

yessss, thats it. works fine
    please change as said above !!!!!!
    all dropouts please rejoin :)
    welcome back Jens :D

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Where did you find this Gerhard? And was it a new post relating to the latest rF2 update?

It looks like the file edit is only needed on the client side and not the server side?

5. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

It must be edited client side, and seems to affect a few different cars.
    There is a thread at 397 and brought to their attention so I assume it will get a fix.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gerhard Hofmann

Correct Jens. I found it on 397. Its a Client thing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

@Ken Jagger - password was changed but not updated to event settings. can you pls add it?

8. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

I cannot see password for race server either

9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Pwd's all updated now :)

10. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

not going to make tonight.
    just got home from work.
    doing chores now

11. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Two very different races, first one was a catastrophe. I had an average quali, was pushed on to the gras by Klaus and spun. But not enough, being last I was entering the second chicane and there was a pill up. I avoided it but because I cut the chicane rf2 gave me immediately a drive through. It was deserved because I forgot about to slow down enough but still damn. Already dead last I cut the track for another two times and that leaded to two other DT.

Second race was very good, had a decent qual, a good start, a bit of luck to avoid Roel and Paul. Even more luckier that Roel only gave me a little tap and went to the gravel a lap later. It seemed that I was a bit faster than Ken, but passing is really hard. He made a mistake at the second chicane but I lacked in commitment to pass him, because he rejoined as Vettel in Montreal :p

Maybe the game therefore decided to freeze Ken for a second a give me his position. Though luck Ken, that crash later looked strange in my mirror. Due to that an Pauls unwill to follow me (no idea what happend to him) I was pretty much on my own. Until Ken joined the party again as a car to lap. But he seemed to try to stay ahead, as the gap behind was big enough no point to proof for me. P4 is not too shabby.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

1st race was running second and even I gained the cap back, wasnt even thinking about overtaking but something happened to leader so won it.

2nd race i made little stiffer front which was great on 1 lap but in the long run wore my front tires more. Start was cool running to T1 side by side.
    Now I had the pace to maybe go for overtake but decided to build pressure and if that wouldnt work, go for pass during last 10minutes or so.
    Pressure worked on T! finally then but followed leader to grass aswell. Was the luckier one without spin so got lead and win.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Im still too slow but i had two very enjoyable races.
    First race i was fairly consistent but slow. Passess depended on other driver errors. completed the race without any major incidents.
    Race two I changed a couple of settings trying to get more top speed but just destabilised the car. Finished the race that was mostly uneventful for me.
    Well done podium guys:)
    Cyas next time

• Like Like x 3
  14. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Race 1, where I expected to be, midpack. Intense for a few laps then settled behind Ken (who I couldn't find a way passed). Took the scenic route at T2 and went rally cross.

Race 2, was confused when I saw P2 in qualifying. Even more surprised when I took lead and led the first lap (actually cheered to myself as expected Toni to come flying passed by then). Held lead for 4-5 laps then decided to do a quick 360º for the crowd and let a couple of cars pass :cool: (think I got too much kerb on exit of T1 and spun). Happy with 3rd.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Race 1 : Had a good race. Toni and Henry were too fast so I just concentrated on my lap times to build a gap to the guys behind. Sorry to Gerhard who I made contact with at the start.
    Race 2: What a different race. Got a terrible start. Into T1 someone chopped across my nose and we both went into a half spin. Not sure whose at fault on that one but apologies for my part in it. It was entertaining coming back through the field and I managed to get back to 4th. But then I went across the grass at the 2nd chicane. Didn't gain any advantage but I got a very harsh Stop/Go penalty I guess because I didn't slow down enough even though I must have lost a few seconds. Think this is a bug with the game or maybe the server needs to be set to few warnings before a penalty. By the time I came out of the pits I was flat last again. Managed to get back to 7th so not too bad.

Well down to Toni on both wins :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

guys, how this radiator tape works? I had oil overheating, and value of tape was 30%. Should I set it to less?

17. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I guess this is the normal behavior in rfactor, happend a few times to me on different tracks and I still failed to learn from it. As stated above also this time in race 1.
    Probably it is possible to disable any penaltys for cutting but I think if it is enalbed, then you should only cut in a very slow manner. That helped to avoid a penalty in the past.

Did you noticed a smoking engine or a performance loss? Because I had at 40% and no problem at all, although I didn´t checked my oil temp.

18. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I had mine set to 50% and only on the last couple of laps did I notice the overheating symbol come up. Still kept my lap times up though. Dropped this to 40% for race 2 and I didn't have a problem.

19. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

actually I didn't see any problem too. Just crew chief noticed me about high oil temp. Does the tape have any impact to car performance then?

20. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Reduces drag so theoretically it should make the car faster on the straights but engines run hotter and this can reduce engine performance so like everything its a balancing act.

• Like Like x 2