Assetto Corsa Round 2|90 Minutes|Algarve International|08-04-2017

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Online GT3 Series Closed' started by Sim Racing Online, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO GT3 League Algarve International Flyer.png

The 100,000 capacity Algarve International Circuit (Portuguese: Autódromo Internacional do Algarve), commonly referred to as Portimao Circuit, is a 4.692 km (2.915 mi) race circuit located in Portimão, Portugal. With a total cost of €195 million (approximately $250 million), the project includes a karting track, technology park, five-star hotel, sports complex and apartments.

Construction was finished in October 2008 and the circuit was homologated by both the FIM on 11 October 2008 and the FIA two days later.

The circuit was designed by Ricardo Pina, Arquitectos. In October 2010 the teams agreed to add the Portimao Circuit to the Formula One testing roster along with Bahrain.
    In September 2013, the company that manages the circuit, Parkalgar Serviços, was taken over by Portugal Capital Ventures, which is a Portuguese state-owned venture capitalist, effectively placing the circuit under state management. The sale was forced by the debts accumulated by Parkalgar Serviços, believed to be approximately 160 million Euros.

Driver Aids: Automatic Clutch: Yes | Automatic Gears: No | Traction Control: Yes | Anti-Lock Braking: Yes | Stability Control: No | Spin Recovery: No | Steering Assist: No | Braking Assist: No | Car Damage: 50% | Tyre Wear: 100% | Fuel Usage: 100% Tyre Blankets: Yes | Driving View: Cockpit & TV Cockpit​

Every round Qualifying will be 20:00 BST

Server is Live.
    Server Name: SimRacingOnline GT3 Round 2
    SRO practise password in use until the morning of the race.​

You can help SimRacingOnline by given a small donation. ​

Sro World Clocks.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sim Racing Online

Drivers expected to be at round 2: @Nigel Middleton @carl middleton @Roger Hinds @Riley Sobush @Rob Milliken @Flaviu Bozga @Craig Cameron @Atanas dimitrov @Flavio Bozga @John vd Geest @Federico Strazzullo @Ken Hunter

Please sure you have sign up in the software before the race or you wont get any points. If the team you drive for is not listed let @Wayne Reed @Nigel Middleton know and we will get it added for you.

If you cannot make this round then please PM my self and let me know before midnight Friday 07/04/17 or you could have a strike against your name.

Remember to download the skin pack HERE
    If your skin is not there it because I just have not had the time to paint it. It will be there for round 3.

Drivers Briefing:
    First rule of thumb is a good one. To finish first, First you have to finish. Please remember this guys. Its a 90 minute race so no need to be diving one up the inside into turn 1 on the first lap.

Turn 1
    A really good turn but can catch you out if you get greedy and try and carry to much speed in. There is lots of run off should you need it. Just remember to rejoin the track in a safe way.

Other then that really its good racing. Lots of chances to pass one another should be a good race.

Mots of all drive safe and fun guys. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Looking forward to this race hope it is close racing like the first race great fun :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

OK gents I have the club server up for Round 2 with the GT3 cars & track for practice ..

It's not the official practice server! its the club server with open join & back to back 5 lap reverse grid races ..

(this track is tuff)

Hopefully Wayne will have the updated skin pack for us soon as well ! :rolleyes: Hint hint

• Like Like x 4
  5. Sim Racing Online

Official server is up peeps.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rob Milliken

Thx ! Is there a skin lack to download?

7. Sim Racing Online

Yep its up there ^^^^ ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Rob Milliken

Important info regarding Pit Stops in the latest patch ...

Theirs a conflict between the PitConfig program & kunos's new pit app ..

If you have the pitconfig app it seems the new kunos app over rides it where it will only use the kunos app for your pit stops.. so regardless of what you choose in the pitconfig app it will only use what you set in the pit menu 'pit stops presets' (can only be done before the race in pit menu).so if you did not pick any actions like gas or tires in the kunos pit app preset the car will not get serviced at all !

If you want to continue to use the pit config app you need to disable the kunos app! this is explained in the release notes from the last patch ..

To disable the kunos pit app go to the pitstop.ini located in AC/system/cfg/pitstop.ini

In the first line edit the 0 to a 1
    [SETTINGS]
    USE_MOUSE_PITSTOP=1 <<<change from 0 to 1 to turn the app OFF
    VISIBILITY_MAX_TIME=5
    ITEM_FONT_SCALE=1
    STAY_IN_CAR=0
    AUTO_APP_ON_PITLANE=1

save & exit .. make sure the pitcnfg app is ticked under genral settings in game ..
    now it will be working just as before ! so no pit stop drama !! lol

I just don't like kunos new pit app, it doesn't seem to work for me . I cant bring it up and change anything on the fly and can only use the preset i choose from the pit menu - cant change from preset 1 to preset 2 on the fly in the car .. so whats the use of this program ..?

PitConfig does or did ,everything and on the fly to ! but now the author stopped sporting the app saying kunos's does the same thing .. but it indeed does not ! not for me anyway .. unless i'm missing something ?

9. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

@Rob Milliken
    For me, Kunos app work OK. I can navigate and change values with D-pad from my wheel, by default without any configuration. Until now D-pad was useless. AC can't see it in Control config so I can't assign nothing to it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

AHHHH Thanks Flaviu ! ok i see now .. the D-pad brings it up also the keyboard arrows (if you dont have a D-pad) will do the same .. you can also add more presets in the pitstop.ini if you want more choices !

Simply hit the D-pad at anytime and the menu pops up (or keyboard arrows) then use the pad to navigate up/down on the menu then side to side to increase/decrease ..OK it seems a little better now .. however i still prefer the pitconfig app ..lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sim Racing Online

Guys we have decided to do a mandatory pit stop in the race to make the racing better. The pits will open on the 25th minute and close of the 6oth minute.

We want the racing to be as much like the real thing as we can get it. Its up to you how you wish to run the car but now we will all have to make at least one stop.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rob Milliken

Ok so please define the stops ? i built my set with gears to last the entire race ..that my strategy... this new rule screws that all up as not all cars get the same mileage example is the Nissan has more power but burns more fuel ect .. so now its not as real as we all have to stop anyway ....

so what does the stop entail ?

If your going to make a mandatory stop then assign something like a 2 tire compound rule where you must use 2 types of tire .. otherwise whats to stop someone from just stopping and going right back out with no service ?

This seems like an after thought & to the fact all cars get different mileage it takes away some of the features that even out the field ... IMO

I dont like it ...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

It makes it more realistic plus a real race car would not do 90 minutes with out stopping.

I blame AC for allowing this to happen 90 minutes with out a stop.
    Don't we want to make it as real as we can I know it has come in after the first race but should make the racing better.

14. Sim Racing Online

In real life you do not get GT3 cars going 90 mins with one tank of fuel. I said last week that this was coming into the season. I wanted it before but the update for AC did not have it unit the day of the race so could not be done with the time left.

Adding pit stops means drivers can run different strategies and that makes the racing better. Last week 4 drivers said the race not not very good as once we all spreed out that was the end of it. Now it wont be.

Running different tire types is all good when its built into the game as there is no way of knowing what tire has been run. If they chose to not do fuel or tyres they are going to be mega slow. No point in doing that when you are 3 to 4 secs a lap of the pace of the ones that do stop.

15. Rob Milliken

Well last race with 15 min left 3 of the 6 of us were all battling .. these stops are just going to spread us out even more .. if we had 20 pluss cars you would most likley have someone to race with after your stop but with just 7-8 of us its going to be alot of alown time ! Lol

At least make it a 2 tire compound rule if you want to force stops ..
    just my opinion..
    so as it is now im just going to drive in stop for 1 second and go right out no service ... thats realistic ...
    and from what ive read yes the GT3's can go 90 min , the fia races are 3 hours with an avrage of 2 stops for tires , 1 driver change & gas some times only 1 stop depending on tire ware ..

Dont get me wrong i will be racing either way but at least make it a mandatory 2 tire compound rule to force the pit stops .. that would make it more legit - !

& all the race data is in stracker and posted next to the drivers name in game to see what tires there on.. so thats easy to track ..

16. Sim Racing Online

It's not easy to track as it only shows you the tire they are on at the end of the race does it not?

As I have said you can do that but it will make you slow as people will more then likely put on new tires. I am all for the tire thing if we have a way to prove that they have used both tires. Soft and medium would be the ones to pick from. This needs to be done asap so we can post and let people know what going on.

17. Rob Milliken

Ya , its all good .... for me it takes some strategy away & protects the use of the softs ..like roger last week he planned on hard tires to try and out last the soft tire guys , and it worked !for the most part, I did the same on meds and was in the mix at the end until i crashed lol .. so thats gone now as since we all know we have to stop anyway everyone will be on softs or you will fall way behind .. so its all how you look at it i guess ...

I cant find any info on tyre type rules for GT3 .only DTM & F1 so far , but dosent mean we cant add it !

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  18. Sim Racing Online

I will be shocked if you can get away with softs tbh. Doing testing is very touch and go around there. As I said am all for the two tire plan. It would make things better. But Like I said can we see that all of us use both sets after the race? Or can we only see what tire drivers end the race with?

19. Rob Milliken

I think its in real time & only shows whats on at the time but i Believe stracker data shows details of what took place , besides the honor system works in a tight league ! I cant think of anyone here trying to cheat a rule ..

Im fine with what ever you deside & looks like im the only one who is comenting on so no worries ....
    You just made my case ! Lol. Exactly ! softs wont make it ! but hards probably will so driver with softs has to pit , driver with hards dosent .. unless hes forsed to .. now the guy with softs dosent have to gamble because everyone has to pit so he wont get beat by a driver that passed him in the pits on a no stoper whos pace was slower but he never had to pit thus the forced pit stops protects guys on softs for whenever they pit .. caz now no matter how good you saved your tires you have to pit anyway so just go 2 stints of softs .. makes tire choices obsolete...

20. Sim Racing Online

Does not the case though. Because no body would run softs for the race. You can easy do it on meds So why anybody would be on hards. Thats just making your self slow for no gain at all.