Project Cars 2 Round 2 Algarve

Discussion in 'Group A Euroseries Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Viktor Takács

Viktor Takács Pro Driver

Hey all, I won't be able to attend the race today due to some unfortunate timings of events :/
    However, I'd love to tune in to check how it's going, is anyone going to be streaming it?
    Good luck to everyone, I'll see you in the next one :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Sorry for you Viktor! Björn is also on holiday, so the victory will be a thing between Julian and Ken.
    I think there will be no stream, but i will send you the replay. CU soon

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ken Jagger

Sorry you wont be able to make it Viktor, we had a good race at Hockenheim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

LOL.....if only I could be so confident o_O

6. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sry Guys I had to back out, something happened after Ken left & all my wheel settings were changed? the car would simply stall with no auto clutch & shifts were so slow that it caused me to miss shifts wtf? It drove nothing like in Q or my off-line tests. It must have migrated to the next host's settings with auto clutch off? IDK but could not continue ....

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Ken Jagger

This sim is great when it all works, but its flakey as hell when it doesn't :( Its like P2P is still getting involved even on a DS. o_O

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Franz Herbert Mann

Franz Herbert Mann Pro Driver

Another though race, but more fun this time.

Tried out a couple more wheel settings, but nothing could really improve the feel of the FFB.
    Guess I have to help myself with some in-game car setup changes.

The qualifying position was decent, but there was room for improvement (P9 if I recall correctly).
    The getaway on the race start was ok, but not fast. Had the first incident in the second corner, where I got turned.
    The rest of the lap, and the next 2 laps, were a lot of fun. I recovered 3 positions and was on P9 again.
    @Klaus Germanus I hope my passing maneuver did not compromise your race?
    Then I had Aleksandar, Helmut, and Jose in front of me, battling for P6.
    I could keep up in the last sector, but in the first two sectors they were too fast for me.
    Fortunately :D, Helmut spun and then Jose as well.
    This gave me P7. Helmut recovered, but spun a couple more times. Still, we had a fun battle together for some laps.
    In the penultimate lap I spun but could carry my position over the line, 2 seconds ahead of Helmut and Jose.

Nice race, I hope the streak of entertainment holds on ;).

@Gerhard Hofmann could you upload the replay somewhere, or send it to me? I forgot to save it :oops: Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

yen its a real shame it can be flakey , but good fun when it all comes together, sorry something happened to you ken , its so annoying ,but see you in the next one.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Good win @Julian Smith, quick pace. I was more than happy to secure second being my first race with this sim. Real shame about @Ken Jagger , I had a similar issue in the first round and couldn’t compete in it. So annoying! Need to work on the car setup a bit for the forthcoming rounds to find some more pace without the “twitchy ness”.
    Great race though all, enjoyed it. See you all next time:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  11. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

I looked at the times and Chris was well on the pace , I managed to get a good start and at least managed to keep a fairly consistent pace in the Merc, which allowed me to pull a bit of a gap, Well done to Chris for his pace in his first race in this sim which I hope he enjoyed, I can see some really close racing at the next race and look forward to it with what looks like a really good grid. there isn't any real difference between the Merc and Bmw at Barcelona in the times so should be really close racing. Till next time hopefully with no issues.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Tonight i will find time for uploading the replay to WETRANSFER.
    Anyone who is interested: please send me a PM with your Email adress.