rFactor 2 Round 2 Automotodrom Brno

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance S2 - S397 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 13, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Well, it's something else from the usual stuff. :)

2. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

This was second time I race on this track. The first was on project cars 2 last Sunday. I didn't have time to practice than about 15 laps before the qual, and setup was watkings glen setup with more wing. I was a little surprised when I found myself in a pole position. My stragedy was push hard at the start, and make some gap to Carl and Michal, and then just control the speed and it worked. Also grats to Roberto and Toni! See you next time.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

I did try to reset wheel and reset ffb but game just wouldn't pick up wheel and pedals until I quit out and restarted. I have i5 6400 and a msi1660 ti .the first settings are different for sure il try yours.. the auto gpu and 24hz are def different.thanks for sharing

4. Stefano Zanda

Stefano Zanda Pro Driver

I was fighting for the first position, you had a blue flag, you had to stay away and instead you closed, for me a normal race accident,

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

It's not like the LMP fights are more important than the GTE fights. It's the overtaking car that has the higher responsibility for a safe pass.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. John vd Geest

Very true! Being in a faster class doesn't give you special rights to track position. We don't have to get out of their way, they have to get around us safely.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Stefano Zanda

Stefano Zanda Pro Driver

I do not ask for any special rights, what time do you think I have committed a misconduct on a pilot, this will present a complaint and the race commission will evaluate whether to penalize me or not, I do not want any controversy, I did not make any maneuver on purpose, it simply was an evaluation error, I also suffered a contact from an LMP3 with damage to my car, but I didn't point the finger at anyone.

8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualy: Put in my PB and took 5th in class.
    Race: First few laps I couldn't settle into a rhythm and had Jens all over me. Made a mistake and he got passed. From then on I was all over the back of his Beemer but lap after lap I couldn't get past. What was worst we were only doing 1:59's. I allowed a gap to form in the hope the pace would increase but it didn't. Like yesterday I saw a gap in the traffic and took and early pitstop for fuel. Unlike yesterday I came out just as a Vette thundered past. Took me a couple of laps to get past then I could start putting in some fast laps doing some 1:57's. When the pitstops worked themselves out I was ahead of Jens by 17 seconds. Then I had a half spin into T1 this toasted the tyres. A few laps later they were all in the yellow with half the race still to go. My lap times were back in the 1:59's and I was 7 seconds ahead of Jens. The next time I looked Andy was behind me and the gap was 11 seconds. I could maintain the gap with the odd 1:58 lap but then an off road excursion and the gap came down to 7 seconds. Put my head down and tried to get back into the low 1:59's but the car felt like it was driving on ice. Had to keep pushing if I was to fend off Andy. With a few laps left Andy was now 14 seconds away so he must have had an incident. I could now relax and drop the pace a bit. P5 was another great result for me. Love this track and the Porker is a fantastic car to drive. I think the best sounding car on the grid :)

Well done to all of the winners :) and to all of the podiums :)
    Well done to those who finished :) and commiserations to those that didn't :(

Just a note : One of the basic rules of online racing in no chat during the qualy/race. There was chat in qualy and at the end of the race. If you have finished the race please consider those who are still racing. You can use the info on your screen to see that people are still racing. Thanks :)

Looking forward to the next round. See you all there :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  9. John vd Geest

The final results didn't process correctly. I will ask Mark Hightree to look at them tonight and correct it.
    (the times and positions are correct, but the final listing in correct order isn't)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Stefano Zanda

Stefano Zanda Pro Driver

Andrew Williams, however I apologize for the contact, I assessed that you had the blue flag, when I saw you widen I entered, I didn't think you would have resumed the ideal trajectory, I'm sorry I made you a contact, the next Once I assess the situation better, I repeat, I didn't do it wrong, I apologize again

• Like Like x 1
  11. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

That was quite a boring race for me with a car which didn't want to steer correctly. I don't understand why, my setup was OK two days ago, and on race day no way to make the rear move in corners, as if they were stuck on track.
    Not enough pace to follow the leaders and no one else to fight with. P3 in the end, but it was more fun the day before with the Audi GT3, just to say.

• Like Like x 2
  12. John vd Geest

I don't know if it suits your drivingstyle, but here is my Brno LMP3 racesetup. Should be good as a baseline setup. You only have to change the aero package and wings where needed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ctt7somojrpr6of/Norma_LMP3_1%2C55%2C760_2%2C66.svm/file

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Roberto Balli

Roberto Balli Pro Driver Donator

Hi Eric,
    after the track is loaded, I go in :
    SETTINGS / CONTROLS
    and I move the wheel right and left.
    If I don't do this, often my wheel doesn't steer correctly.
    Strangely it happen with LMP2 and GT3, never with McLaren M23 !

Hope it can help

Cheers

14. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

That's what I told to myself after the first race (and even during!) LMP2 in multi-class is very complicated, and I was not sure to already have the level for.
    Watkins Glen is a fast track so it went pretty well, despite a lot of stress (and fun).
    But Brno, I did not feel it and when I got off the track by overtaking Michal, I preferred to give up, because I took no pleasure and I was too afraid to cause an accident.
    Some GTE / P3 keep their trajectory and others move away when you arrive, so it's not easy to anticipate.
    it will still be a good experience but not sure to continue, depend on the circuits.
    thank you

15. John vd Geest

The more you do it, the better you get. Every race you learn more and become better. Keep at it, you'll see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

HI thanks IL keep that In mind if it ever happens again.I backed out of game and started a single player session and all was working no problem. . My main issue is the game keeps crashing or screen freezing in vr ..I've tried all kinds of settings but the it just dosent work like it did offline
    two weeks ago.so many settings and options it's getting frustrating..I almost made it through the race last week at Bridgehampton but I got a slow down then speed up on fps then freeze near the end...I to the trees lol

17. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

If it worked well in offline, check your internet settings too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats winners! Congrats finishers!. I had fun racing Norman and Barrett. Drank a gallon of water afterwards lol. Other than the odd lockups of my brakes haha, I had great fun.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

@Eric Cline
    Before I upgraded pc, I had a lot of microstutter in VR.
    I used a little program called 'OculusTrayTool'.
    Ran that before starting game, and in the settings of OTT, I locked the FPS to 45 (Default AWS Mode) and that helped a lot with the stutters.

Without doing this, Oculus tries to display 90fps, but when it is struggling, it automatically drops down to 45fps, then back up to 90fps etc

Personally, I couldn't see any graphical difference with it locked to 45fps

If you don't have Oculus, ignore the above.

20. John vd Geest

No-shows

The following No-shows have been removed from the series:

LMP2 Sam Skakel
    LMP2 Panagiotis Kapetaneas
    LMP3 Matheus Marcal
    GTE Mariusz Lebioda
    GTE Kahel Grahf