rFactor 2 Round 2 Belgium 66 F2

Discussion in 'Classic Formula Festival Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

I know that it wasn't your intention to cause it but it was still completely avoidable by just giving me more space. There's a slight right kink just before where the incident happened and I was following that. I don't think I should be forced to be right up against the track edge if I'm ahead.

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

After checking into what might be possible, it's too messy and time consuming to change the system now and recalculate all points, positions, stats etc. An "overall" series winner will be announced at the end of the series.

3. Ken Jagger

After detailed review of the Qualifying session server replay, the following members have been adjudged to have ignored or disregarded SRO Rule 3.4 Use of Escape (Esc) key in Qualifying. In some cases it was more than once!
    Official warnings are therefore being issued to the following members. These warnings will remain in force for 3 months from 17th January 2021 and any further breach of SRO Rules will receive a harsher penalty.

Jordi Torrent - 2
    Martyn McLune - 2
    Michael Labelle - 1
    Sergey Aksentiev - 2

4. Ken Jagger

A review of the start of the race using the server replay has also identified the initiating causes of the two incidents which led to the major collisions and retirements of some members due to damage.

As a result of this review, a Drive Through penalty is being issued to Jordi Torrent and Martyn McClune. This must be taken at the end of Lap 1 in the next race of this series that either member participates in, or failing that participation, in the next online race they run in at SRO in any series.

5. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Thats fair enough. I had actually forgotten the escape rule in quali so apologies for that too

6. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

7. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

Your pictures are telling me they're misconfigured for embedding, Neil, so I can't see them.

8. Neil Wood

keeps turning my links into embeds, i cant do anything

9. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

Hmmm, I have no idea what to do about that, then. I don't have any real experience using twitch, sorry.

10. Neil Wood

looks like forum thing not twitch

11. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

Yeah, I went ahead and watched your clips.

Sorry, you got tagged by people and wrecked pretty badly. That didn't look fun. You can report any incidents you were involved in if you'd like. There may not be penalties for them though, so I wouldn't count on getting any reparation.

12. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

13. Caitlin Penny

And yeah, I had a wing! I was really struggling with the car so I went with the slower one to try to just finish. In the end I didn't even manage that. Oh well. I'm much better in the F3, so I'll be more competitive in those rounds.

14. Caitlin Penny

Once again, sorry for the last incident. I thought you were recovering from an incident of your own and so it would have been your responsibility to look for cars coming through, but looking at your clip I see that you'd just slowed down for an incident ahead and it was still your corner. My fault! Again, I payed the price by retiring.

15. Ken Jagger

The wing is purely cosmetic/visual and has no aero influence. Both the Eve and the Spark cars are performance balanced to be equal.

16. Caitlin Penny

That's not true, trust me. There is a big difference between the cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

This is 100% false.

The wings make a difference and the Eve/Spark have different strengths and weaknesses. I'm in a Wednesday GMT time slot league that runs rFactor 2 using this car back and which version (A, B or C) of the F1 car people are going to run every weekend is always a factor in deciding the outcome of the race. Certain tracks prefer certain wing layouts or none at all.

18. Ken Jagger

Where is that documented officially by ISI/S397?

19. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

Does it need to be officially documented?

Have you driven all the cars, Ken? Because it's pretty clear they aren't the same to me when I drive them as I'm the same driver but my lap times are always different depending on the circuit and wing layout while I'm using the same or a very similar setup. Try it out for yourself and see what I'm talking about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Caitlin Penny

God, why is everyone so argumentative here these days? Guys, calm down and drive your own races. That's to all of you, not to anyone in particular. I'm going to write a forum post later that I think you guys should read.

• Agree Agree x 1