Project Cars 2 Round 2 Brno

Discussion in 'BMW M1 Procar 2021 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Grats Julian, pitting and taking the win, thats unbeleivable. Very exciting last laps deciding the victory.
    My Performance was very poor, lots of mistakes made me loose my car and my self-confidence. But thats racing, its all about your mind. Cu next time mates!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Thx Gerhard, It was a really exciting and tough race for me,loved it, I had a risky strategy if i needed to take it, but it all depended on how the race went and if i could keep the pace up as I thought i would completely mince my tyres before the end of the race.
    As it happened I had no choice because on lap 11 I hit some tyres laying in the middle track which damaged my suspension and aero.
    I had a 17sec gap to ken but was loosing time to him so went for just repairing the suspension but not the aero and fit a new set of tyres (softs) , I was trying to work it all out in my head but is was difficult. so I took the pit stop on lap 12. I was stationary for 19 secs in the pits. when I returned to the track Ken was 16 secs in front of me and I was P4, so now the race began, I didnt think I would make it but I caught up to Ken with about 4 mins to go and managed to get past. wow it was close to get that win. brilliant racing guys.
    Congrats to the podium guys great job.
    That BMW eats tyres on that track but its really fun.
    Cheers to all and thx Ken for the work.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Viktor Takács

Viktor Takács Pro Driver

Well done to everyone, this was a tough race, probably even more so for the guys in front battling each other.
    I this one I tried something different and put the hard tyres on, thinking if I can hold some people up a bit I would be able to catch them by the end of the race. However, as it turned out the hard tyres were a good 4 seconds off the pace of the softs. It also didn't help that I couldn't get any heat into the front rights, so I lost a bit of time trying to warm them up as well, just to have them cool down a lap later.
    The race started quite well, held Ken and Paul for one or two laps, then managed to keep Gerhard and Helmut behind for another few. Then we battled with Helmut for quite some time, but then unfortunately his steering wheel just gave up and he crashed out.
    Good race overall, my pace was alright, I think I got the most out of my faulty strategy.

• Like Like x 3