rFactor 2 Round 2 Brno

Discussion in 'ACD Fiat 500 Metalmoro Cup Closed' started by Henri Miettinen, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

@Patrik Trefny There is no Brno thread yet, so I am writing here. I tried Brno now and the default setup seemed good there, so I probably drive with that. Only maybe I'll put lower tire pressures.

2. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

thanks Henri. in Brno I just changed gear ratio which seems to me better fit for 3rd and 4th gear in turns (the middle of 3 available options), but I'm also using defaults for other values. it seems that tires will have hard times to last till the end of race here. I'll try to lower tire pressure to see if it helps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

4. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

I am very sorry mates, cannot make this one tonight, i had to travel for the company in short time. Good luck for the races and see you soon at the next round.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

A wonderful scrap with Paul in race 1. Race 2 was going in a similar manner until I cooked the front tyres and couldn't get the car to turn. Great fun though :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

@Andrew Williams I didn't even touch you. There was a lag that caused your spin, and then someone else hit you.

But sorry Ken that bump when I tried to overtake you. I braked too late.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  7. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

nice races today. in 1st race it could be even better fun battling with Philipp and Jens, but I was closed in a turn and turned around. then finished at the end of grid. Race 2 was about catching Ken. I was close but not enough to overtake him :) Overall it was great fun this time.
    @Ken Jagger - I changed my profile name in steam, edited player.json but none has changed my name in server. as far as I remember I had always full name there. Don't know why it changed. I will play with this further, but had no time before the race yet.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I recognized that lag too, really strange I throught it was because of my internet connection, as I was thrown from the server before qual session 1 and after race 1. This disturbed my qualiying effort, could set a time in the first and had only one lap in the second and spun.

Therefore I had to start from behind, but with my good starts I was able to compensate. After that I was in a big fight with Ken. It is not easy to battle with these cars because the visibility to the left/right of the car is very poor. I think we touched more often than necessary, but I think it was ok. It seemed that I had overstressed my tyres and from behind Jens caught up. After he passed me and I tried to pass him back arround the outside. That was not possible, so I braked a bit earlier and was commited to hit the apex. I didnĀ“t expected you beside me Patrik, sorry.

In the second race I was again behind Patrik and Ken, but after Ken pushed me onto the gras, I was not able to hold their pace. But I was able to hold of the storming Henri, it seemed that I had overmanaged my tyres, because they seemed in good shape even in the last lap of the race.

A lot to improve for the next one, see you there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

Do this:

Go to your rFactor2 Userdata folder (usually in the location you specified when installed rFactor2 - typically rFactor2\UserData\player) and open player.json with Notepad or similar.

Edit the lines Player Name and Player Nick to match your Full Name. Save & close the file.

E.G.
    },
    "DRIVER":{
    "AI Controls Driver":2,
    "AI Controls Driver#":"Bitfield defining which drivers the AI controls (0=none, 1=driver1, 2=driver2, 3=driver1+driver2, etc.)",
    "Birth Date":"",
    "Driver Hotswap Delay":3,
    "Driver Hotswap Delay#":"Delay in seconds between switching controls to AI or remote driver",
    "Game Description":"All Tracks & Cars",
    "Game Description#":"The current rFactor game file (*.RFM) to load",
    "Game Version":"1.0",
    "Game Version#":"The version of the current rFactor game",
    "Helmet":"",
    "Location":"",
    "Nationality":"",
    "Original Driver":"Driver #16",
    "Package Dir":"Packages",
    "Player Name":"Ken Jagger ",
    "Player Nick":"Ken Jagger",

"Season":"",
    "Season#":"The current season within the given game",
    "Showroom":"E:\\STEAM\\steamapps\\common\\rFactor 2\\Installed\\Showroom\\Hangar_Shwroom\\1.9\\Exhibition_Hangar.mas",
    "Showroom Component":"Hangar_Shwroom",
    "Showroom Component Version":"1.9",
    "Starting Driver":0,
    "Starting Driver#":"Zero-based index of starting driver (0=driver1, 1=driver2, 2=driver3, etc.)",
    "Team":"METALMORO",
    "Unique ID":42,
    "Unique ID#":"Helps to uniquely identify in multiplayer (along with name) if leaving and coming back",
    "Vehicle File":"E:\\STEAM\\steamapps\\common\\rFactor 2\\Installed\\Vehicles\\Metalmoro MR1\\1.42\\MR1_16.VEH"
    },

10. Ken Jagger

??
    After the first few turns from the start we always had Patrik between us, so it wasn't me who pushed you off Philipp.

11. Philipp Pichler

That is nearly correct, but I overtook Patrik in lap two and at the start of lap three you had conact with Roel. Then this happend
    [​IMG]

No problem, the situation was confusing and as I said the visibility to the left/right is really bad with these cars ;)

12. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

as I wrote earlier - I did it several times, but it had no effect and even was always overwritten back to "patrik.tre"
    at the end it seems that change profile name directly in steam helped. it was not visible in the race yesterday, but today after restart of pc (and probably just because I logoff and logon to steam again) it finally shows my full name in online race.
    thanks

• Like Like x 1
  13. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Don't know who had the lag, your car doesn't hug the apex like the above on my screen. See my car jump sideways before the other car even hit me in your video?

This is what happened on my screen.

Anyway, no hard feelings, I know you're not a dirty driver and wouldn't have done it on purpose. :cool:

14. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

@Philipp Pichler - did you try Crew Chief? it could help to know whats going on around your car. :)

15. Ken Jagger

Maybe the difference in replays is due to each being a local, client recorded replay.

16. Philipp Pichler

Thanks, I will have look.