rFactor 2 Round 2 Buenos Aires Historic / Sun Sept 29, 2019

Discussion in 'The DNF S3-Howston Dissenter 1974 Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 5, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

History

The circuit is located in a park in the southern part of the city, and is situated on flat lands surrounded by large grandstands, giving most spectators an excellent view area of the whole circuit. Some races were run without the twisty infield section, reducing lap times significantly.

The 1000 km Buenos Aires sports car event used the Autódromo as well as sections of highway situated near the track from 1954 to 1960. The 1000 km event would return again from 1970 to 1972, but using just the Autódromo section.

The 20 Formula One Argentine Grand Prix races were held in the Autódromo between 1953 and 1998. Formula One used a number of different configurations—the No.2 circuit was used from 1954–1960, the No.9 circuit was used from 1971–1973, and the very fast No.15 layout was used from 1974–1981 which added 2 long straights and a long third corner between the two straights often taken in top gear totally flat out, which provided an exciting view for spectators, especially when the cars exited the third corner often on the brink of spinning off or crashing at 305 km/h. Going through that section, the cars were flat out for 40 seconds. The Argentine Grand Prix was dropped from the 1982 calendar because of Argentina's invasion of the Falkland Islands and Carlos Reutemann's sudden retirement after the 1982 Brazilian Grand Prix. The twisty No.6 configuration was used from 1995–1998, but that version of the circuit was not popular with Formula One, and after the 1998 race there was no money for the race to be held and it was dropped.

Ten Argentine motorcycle Grand Prix race was held in the Autódromo between 1961 and 1999.

The Buenos Aires Grand Prix was held in the Autódromo from 1952 to 2009.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  2. John vd Geest

Demo race on this very, VERY, cool track :)
    You can find a baseline setup in the "General info" thread of this series.

3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Servers UP !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Mother forking shirt balls, this thing drives like a dumptruck.

Here's a preview of what I'll be doing on race day:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. John vd Geest

LOLOLOL!! :p:p:p
    In all fairness, there was no rubber build up at all when I tried it. We need a few more guys laying down rubber.

6. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson Pro Driver

I was gonna join the server but a download of SM San Francisco started.

7. John vd Geest

Hi Eck,
    I just checked the server and Buenos Aires Historic is loaded as it should.
    Can you please check if you installed the track through steam? I would un-install the current version you have and install the steam version we are using.
    You can get it on the event page under the tab "Cars and track": https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/980

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

This is correct .. The vmod for this event has ALL the remaining tracks included . so if you don't have one of the tracks the server will download it for you. so in your case you don't have the San Fran track so it wont let you in until you have all the tracks however with rf2 it starts the dl for you .. best if you get it from steam but if your going on the server and it starts a download just let it finish and your good to go ..
    Now once you have the vmod you can also use it to practice for the next event as it has all 6 tracks ( minus round 1, 66' monza so realy only 5 tracks) :D

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

10. John vd Geest

Ah, that's a shame.

11. Rob Milliken

Actually John this track has rubber files and I set it to HEAVY .. . It will increase as we drive tho ..lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson Pro Driver

Thank you gents, I was on the practice server for the Monza race without difficulty. Just, perhaps stupidly, thought I'd be fine again. Thank you again.

13. Rob Milliken

14. John vd Geest

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  15. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Why the change with the vmod requiring all the tracks?? Now i'm stuck downloading 800 mb of tracks that i don't need right now just to join the server. And the SRO download page for SF and bathurst take forever, like drinking a gallon of scotch through a kids straw. Don't put unnecessary road blocks that prevent people from joining a race. ugh.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks for the feedback Jerry. We will reconsider this as we don't want to make it difficult for members to join a race.

17. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats to winner and finishers! I had fun with this terribly fun car. Getting sideways with no traction is so much fun. Finished 2nd but I had trouble with a stop and go so it threw me back to 7th or 8th. No worries, I'll gladly take 7th place. I'm here for the fun racing. Sorry for the hit from behind in the pits John. I guess this isn't Asseto Corsa lol. I'll see you guys on track!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. John vd Geest

Nah, I spun and somebody hit me. I was in for a 110 second repair job, so they fixed that as well :D

19. John vd Geest

I have manually put Johnny Gutierrez back in second place in the end results.
    Being in second place, he had hit a wall going off track and that gave him a Stop & Go penalty. A track glitch. And then the track did not let him serve that penalty.

20. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualification
    Got a sub 2:10 (just) so was happy with that. 2nd on the grid :)

Race
    Got a good start and kept 2nd. For the first couple laps I managed to hold on to the tailpipes of Gert-Jan. But then going through the fast hairpin I suddenly lost the backend. Not sure why maybe I got the rear left on the yellow section. I span out hitting the wall. By the time I recovered I was 9th. Got a couple of places and then decided to pit for a splash of fuel. This was so I could get some clear track thinking that everyone would pit before I caught them. I re-caught the pack much quicker than I'd expected so ended up having to battle through the field rather than leapfrog them in the pit stops. Towards the end I passed 3rd place car (don't know who) who was sat in the pits. I think I miscalculated the fuel as a lot of people didn't pit. At the end I was very surprised to see I had 2nd but this has now been corrected to 3rd because of Johnny's incorrect penalty. I am mobilising my team of lawyers so be prepared for an appeal against this injustice ;)

Well done to Gert-Jan :)
    and begrudgingly well done to Johnny for 2nd blah-blah-blah ;)

These cars are great and I really enjoyed this track. Onto San Francisco. Never raced there. Think a street track is going to be very difficult in these cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1