rFactor 2 Round 2 Buenos Aires Historic / Sun Sept 29, 2019

Discussion in 'The DNF S3-Howston Dissenter 1974 Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 5, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Actually, these cars work perfect on this street track. I've made a demo race video for the event forum. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

Highlights video ... Enjoy !!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Great video John :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Amazing and dramatic race :). I wasn't fast, just tried to be smooth and consistent. I fully enjoyed driving this cars and had a lot of fun. I hope I can make the next one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

After an eventful 1st event with lots of things going wrong, yesterday went very smooth. I found a great setup with very good overall balance all way round. I had a great start and did not too many risks the 1st lap with cold tyres. The next few laps I pushed, trying to break the draft to Paul. After creating a gap of a few seconds I pushed a bit less braking a bit earlier and trying not to make mistakes. This went well but it was hard keeping focus during the race. In the end I mainly conserved fuel to make it to the end. I finsihed with just less than 2L left.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gert-Jan van Osch

Enjoyed the video again. Unfortunately being in front without much actions does not create much "on the air" time :D

7. John vd Geest

True, The top 3 were driving all alone, too far spaced out. The camera goes where the action is LOL!
    I did sneak you in when you passed Rob, to try out a camera trick with zooming in. That came out quite nice.

8. Gert-Jan van Osch

I see that not all custom liveries are not in the replay... Pauls was e.g. mine and I think Didiers also not. Do we have to upload the liveries to be in the replay?

9. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Fun race, reminds me a lot of GTL with all the 4 wheel drifting out there. :D
    Had fun battles with Didier, Flaviu, and JvG.

I didn't pit, was watching the fuel gauge the whole race and short shifting on the long straights. Crossed the line with <5 seconds on the clock so had to do another lap. Almost didn't have enough to make it around that last lap, just rolling into brake zones 100 meters early to save fuel. Ended up with .20 litres left when i got the checkered flag.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I had the skins in my replays , also in round 1 .. your car is “The Punisher “ right ? Cool skin & pauls has bright colors! So the server is uploading the skins !

11. John vd Geest

Yeah, I noticed. Rob Milliken did see them. Must be a skin download issue on my end. Sorry.

12. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

You need to have them on client side /single player OPTIONS
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.10.01 - 01.12.11.88.jpg

13. John vd Geest

Yeah, I have that turned on.
    I did see a "Punisher" skin in practise and wondered why I didn't see it anymore. I don't know what's going on LOL!