Automobilista Round 2 Caruaru

Discussion in 'Copa De Marcas 2020 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Congrats Manuel and Paul.
    Regarding several reasons my podium today was very fortunate. Firstly, I figured out why I crashed last time without control into the wall. It was no tyre failure, my steering wheel somehow froze. Not sure why, could be the USB pin on the PC side, changed it to another after it happened again in practise and it did not occured again, but I have to observe it.
    Secondly, as last time I lacked in performance therefore I tried again the alternative strategy without a pitstop. It worked better this time, maybe I saved even too much, as I could push a bit more in the end. Ramon also managed the zero stop this time and he was close to overtake me.
    He did not lose any position because of Jens little misjudgement, which scared me as hell. I really thought Jens will hit my car and I already opened up my line, but in the end he gave me some breathing space. And obvoiusly Csaba was fast enough to beat me as well, I think speeding is just bad luck.

Seems I should enough this result, not sure if I can repeat that ^^ I have no massive problems with the car, I´m just too slow ;)
    Hopefully see you soon.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Well as Philipp said, this time with a more relaxed driving the non-stop strategy worked well, but at the cost of a slow pace all the race. I was confident of finishing 4th with it, but in the first lap a stupid mistake put me from 4th to 8th and all hopes of a good result were gone. 15 minutes more or less to the end, somehow I gained some positions and eventually catched Philipp. I had the feeling that I was faster, mainly because he did two particular corners quite slow, but tried everything and I couldn't pass him in safe conditions so I had to conform, indeed it was a great fight with those cars. :cool:

Looking forward to the next one, love that cars. :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Manuel Alves

Manuel Alves Pro Driver

Thanks Philipp.
    Once again the tyre strategy was key for the final result.
    I knew my tyres wouldn't last so pushed hard from the beginning.
    Got a 5 seconds gap before the pitstop. I lost 2 seconds to Csaba at the pitstop and then he lost a lot of time. He got a drive trough for pitlane speeding.
    After overtaking the leading driver I started taking care of tyres and at the same time watching the time gaps.
    While practicing offline I noticed that the braking at the end of the big straight was very dangerous so I tried to take it as easy as I could without losing much time.

Ramon, I really like these cars too :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1