Round 2 Charade 8 km - Thu Apr 2, 2020

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Oh come on Stefan of course it has, you know it :) Always it has.. :)

2. Vasilis Doumanas

For a couple of days i was quite happy with my lap time so far, until the aliens landed at the online server... Pfff and i thought i was somehow fast... :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Well, expect those times to drop quite a bit. I made a rather big mistake in S1 and I'm no alien unlike some others :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Vasilis Doumanas

Actually i agree only with the first part, there is a room for improvement for sure, as for the alien part you cant convince me.. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

John, Just to clarify - GMT never changes.
    England have moved to BST now though, so I assume you mean that the race is happening at 19:00/19:20 BST (not GMT - as that is still 20:00/20:20)?
    That will be the same time for most if not all European drivers - but definitely isn't the same time for us Brits!

6. Vasilis Doumanas

I can understand that the race time remains the same at least in my country, is just as the F1 race time for example.. A question for me is, England didnt change the clock time yet?

7. Vasilis Doumanas

The race time is 20:00/20:20 BST now Tim and 19:00/19:20 GMT because as you said GMT time never changes.. We gonna race the same time as usual even if our clocks moved 1 hour forward...
    Thats a silly question please someone delete that post of me lol

8. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes, England is now on BST. That's GMT + 1 hour.
    So, to keep the time we race at the same, the event start time on the event page has now changed to:
    Qual: 19.00 GMT
    Race: 19.20 GMT

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  9. John vd Geest

1. Laurent Londes ac_legends_pantera 03:13.786 +00.000 00:10.143 02:05.570 00:58.073

upload_2020-4-1_20-57-36.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I'm a bit confused now .. We are at GMT +2 in Belgium now (Netherlands too). Does that mean it will be 21 hours local time for us ? Because the race time says it's 19:00 GMT .. and not GMT +1 o_O

11. John vd Geest

Yes, you are right. It's 21.00 local time for you. I've removed the + 1 hour, that's confusing. Just take as a guide line that it's 19.00 GMT.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Hey guys, why don't you synchronize the server in real-time? You can set a 2 hours practice session 2 hours before the qualify session doing so, the server will be synchronized in real-time and automatically switch to Qualify and Race at the scheduled time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Looks like there are only 2 Selby Daytona's to choose from on the server. Is this right? Thought there were 4 of us last round or are we free to choose in this round. First come first served type thing. AC is crap in this respect.

14. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Good luck everyone!
    The race will be broadcasted here as usual.

• Like Like x 2
  15. John vd Geest

Two Shelby drivers unregistered.

• Like Like x 1
  16. John vd Geest

First half of the race was pretty eventful but was oke.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  17. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

Not in the habit of complaining, I like this series, too bad to spoil it ...
    After less than 30sec, first shock, from Stefan Lagodin who misses his braking, (fact racing, ok!o_O)
    A few laps later, in pursuit of John vd Geest, I can't find a solution but get hit by Kimi Martikainen...car hs :mad:.
    I would go back through the stands to repair but it's over ... I restart last ...
    Too bad not to keep a little reserve and not to ruin the race of some ...:rolleyes:

18. Stefan Lagodin

Stefan Lagodin Pro Driver

Christian, you have to look better as I was shunted from behind into your car. Nothing I could do about it. But I agree, some peeps are driving rather erratic around other cars.
    Still good fun racing these cars.

19. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

Ah, ok Stefan, I watched the replay of my car only, you're in the same situation as me then ...
    Even if the race is like that, I generally always keep a substantial margin, even if it means losing places but not pushing the opponents ...
    (during the first race, our collision would be questionable ... but still it's the race ...!)

20. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Driving : Shelby Daytona
    Had a good qualy to grab 6th. The first lap wasn't so good though. Ran wide at one corner. Panicked as I thought I was going to hit a wall, tried to steer the car away from it, lost the back end. This sent me hurtling across the track. I hit the banking on the other side and I ended up side on in the middle of the track. If I hadn't of tried to miss the wall I think I actually would have been OK. I know a number of cars had to take avoiding action so I'm sorry if you got caught up in the ensuing mayhem. Got going again in 15th place and began my fight back. Overtook a load of cars on the track and in the pits and got up as high as 4th. Got hunted down by 2 Pantera's (Louis and Laurent). Had a coming together with Laurent that put me into another spin. Luckily I ended up facing the right way and got going again without loosing any other places. Sorry Laurent I didn't realise you were there. Now in 6th I had to decide whether I had enough fuel to do the last lap. The Fuel guide in the vehicle settings said I could do 19.1 laps so I should make it but with only have a stupid fuel gauge (in the Essentials app) to look at I had no idea exactly how many litres I had left I decided to err on the side of caution. I would only loose 1 place as opposed to loosing a ton of places. I threw away a good result in the first round I wasn't going to throw one away here, well apart from throwing away a good result by spinning in the first lap that is. I guess there is an app that will show me more accurate fuel load in litres and maybe how many litres a lap I'm doing. If so can someone tell me where it is.

Well done to Phil. That 906 is going to be unbeatable at the Nürburgring I think simply because it seems to run on fresh air ;)

This mod is fantastic and what a tricky track. I love a track that has tonnes of bumps like this instead of the billiard smooth tracks you get nowadays.

Great broadcast Caitlin. I enjoyed watching it.

• Like Like x 5