Round 2 Charade 8 km - Thu Apr 2, 2020

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cbv-fuel-calc.30852/

It's my own app. Right now it does not display the current liters left, but I have added it already on my dev version. I'm still thinking about adding other things. I'll update it when it is ready. You can already see your average liters/lap but I'm also adding the amount of fuel you used on the last lap.

About the incident, yes I thought you didn't see me there. I was on fresh tires and had enough grip on the inside there. Pretty crazy you could almost make it without stopping !

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Thanks Laurent I'll give that a go. How did you develop this? I'd like to give it a go myself. Is there a tutorial somewhere. Cheers

3. Laurent Londes

4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

First of all congrats to podium finishers and specially to Phil for the win, somehow because he is racing with the 906 as i do, i fell like we are teammates lol :p I still trying to understand how the hell came from that 3:12... Insane.. It seems the 906 in his hands is a serious contender, in contrast of mine hands which makes the car looks like a VW Beetle.. But this is a different story..
    This was a race that i dont know if i have to forget or have it in mind as bad example.. First i forgat to refuel my tank for the race, so i couldnt go far enough and i had to do a pit stop.. Silly mistake.. Second, i fell in sleep at green light and i lost 6 or seven places at start.. So i screwed my ..good try at quali... After that was trying to be careful and not punting someone, but... At turn 7 the big right handed, i hit a BMW from behind because i didnt expect it to slow down so much (almost stopped).. I think it was Stefan's BMW, i am really really sorry for that.. After that, i lost my concentration and did a couple of mistakes that brought me at the very back of the grid... And with all those mistakes i did, i had and a very nice and f***ing annoying lag, that made things even worst.. Seems i need to get a new graphics card to make my life simple...
    After all those, i realise i couldnt do something better and i tried to relax myself and enjoy the rest of the race.. So i managed to do some laps at low 3:19 and 3:18 until Phil was behind me and when i tried to step aside, i did a panic break and spun... "You f****ing idiot, you will destroy his race" i told to my self but thankfully Phil past me without a contact..
    At the pit stop i lost a minute at least so i found myself at the end of the race, last and 2 laps behind ..
    My apologies to Stefan and Phil...
    Fact 1: I have to learn A LOT...
    Fact 2: I have to keep myself calm and enjoying the events..
    Fact 3:I have to fix my G27, i believe i will be much better in consistency.. at least..
    Fact 4: I need to get a better graphics card...
    Fact 5: Dont try to catch the aliens Bill, (this is my name in English, anyone can call me Bill instead of Vasilis :) ), they cant be beaten..

And my last thoughts.. I was wondering to leave the series even if i love it, somehow yesterday i felt like a moving obstacle and i was so much frustrating with my self and maybe its better to leave my place for another guy more competitive... Anyways i will think about it, i'll be waiting for the next couple of races to see what happens..

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Whatever you do don't give up. How are you going to get better if you give up after 1 bad race. I started out my online career at the back. I measured the success of my races on how many times a span. The only way you're going to improve is by racing these alien creatures. Try and learn from them study their lines and OK don't do what Tim's doing he really is an alien. Brilliant car control. But you mustn't give up. SRO caters for all levels of racers so you have every right to be on track as anyone else. Remember the only real way to improve is to practice, practice, practice. If you want help with setups then just ask anyone here. Most people will share setups and/or advice. DON'T GIVEUP!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Don't leave Vasiils just because of one bad result. I'm quite happy to share my set up with my team mate no problem, if it helps , But am I right in thinking you use an Xbox controller to drive ?
    If so I would imagine this is giving you a big disadvantage.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Fighting very hard against Covid here, that's why I unregistered.
    Have fun and take care of yourselves guys !

• Winner Winner x 4
  9. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Sorry for that, I didn't even know that we touched there but my bad, I just start sliding a bit there and so. I need to see replay to take full blame for that...

10. Laurent Londes

Get well soon Maxime !!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Best wishes Maxime , see you at Donington

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Hi Maxime,
    Hope you are doing well and the fight is won and over soon.
    All the best

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

best wishes Maxime, get well soon.

Crikey what a tough race that was last night. It felt like it was an hour of wrestling a car around corners rather than pure racing but still got plenty of the latter too thankfully. I just dont know how Tim is squeezing so much extra pace out of the BMW as i cant find it despite trying all manner of setup options. The car felt a slow pig in some parts of the track and i was starting to think how duff the physics for this mod pack must be when a Schnitzer Beemer is getting out handled by Shelbys and Panteras 40mins into the race on worn tyres! They should have been suffering way more with the extra BHP/torque and heavier fuel loads but still looked as agile as caterhams down through the twisties :rolleyes:.
    I was upto 7th late in the race and hopeful for a good result but when i came back out the pits i had dropped 3 places :eek: I then had a great close fight with Csabas GTR for the rest of the race but just couldnt find a way past on this tight twisty track. Finished 10th....again. My wheel took a pounding on this track with the ffb, seemed like it was higher than other circuits? I was drenched in sweat at the race end. Cars look amazing and sound great.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Sorry to hear about this. Get better quickly Maxime :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

OMG Maxime my best wishes for you, get well soon !!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Thank you very much guys for your kind words !
    Thursday was my J+8 and was the most difficult one with the 7th, yet I never got serious pulmonary symptoms luckily. Now I'm slowly getting better and better in average. I hope to be on the safe side now, but I don't want to be over optimistic neither.
    All my thoughts go to those Italian, Spanish, and all of our continent severely wounded victims. And all our awesome doctors, health workers, cashiers, logistics, binmen, etc etc..

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Hi there,
    I leave the video of the race here from my angle. An eventful race for me with a bitter mistake that indirectly affected @Laurent Londes in his battle for 3rd(?) (my apologies go unreservedly to Laurent). That right corner on that bottom end of the track is tough. Other than that and a couple of lesser mistakes that didn't cause issues or significant wastage of time, the race was real fun and intense. I enjoyed particularly the fights with the Ferraris (chasing and being chased -eventually overtaken-). I look forward to Donnington in a couple of weeks. All the best to you all in the meantime. Keep safe.
    Thanks to @Caitlin Penny for her great live commentary (again missing my crossing the line! :() and to @John vd Geest for setting this fantastic series. Congrats to the podium. Specially @Phil Brown for such a master performance.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Fantastic race and broadcast again! :)
    I'm actually surprised the CSL only managed 4th in qually despite my knocking nearly 2 seconds off my offline (Full tank) practice runs. Being beaten by the 906 isn't really that surprising as this is essentially the type of track it was built for, but also being outrun by the Pantera's (notoriously mediocre in RL) was a suprise - I guess that's the problem with the AC sim engine - It's not very good at replicating a really poorly thought out V8 install package ;) (Only the 'slowest' versions of the 302 were especially reliable in the Pantera's - the hot Italian and US tuned variants of the big Ford were both prone to failure, making the cars an also ran most of the time in their day).

I was lucky on the first lap as I was given a love tap into the downhill hairpin that I just managed to catch, and due to a fairly big fight going on behind me I was then able to pull away a bit in the opening laps and start to slowly catch and pressure Davide - Phil was already scarpering up ahead!

I got a good run on Davide some 10 or 15 minutes in and as you saw in the broadcast managed to ever-so slightly out brake myself. Even with a spot of drifting I couldn't stay out of the gravel (Couldn't throw it left as I'd have hit Davide). Luckily I still rejoined 3rd and pressed on again.

Originally I had considered doing a no-stop strategy, it would have been almost possible but the fuel saving was so extreme I calculated it as being faster to go flat out and pit. Option 2 was splash and dash with no tires, around 25 minutes in and I was noticing a drop in laptimes and some very 2nd hand looking tires, so switched to my backup which included a tire change - this was non-optimal for me as I only needed 20 litres to safely finish the race, tires take double that time to fit so I wasted time in the pitlane and had about 10l of spare fuel at the end :rolleyes:

I was confused in the race how Davide exited the pits so far behind me - I see from the replay he over-shot his pit. I'm assuming he fitted fresh tires while stopped as he was coming back at me like a train at first - then he obviously had a couple of offs/near offs (I saw one in the broadcast) leaving me able to safely drive to the finish without taking any big risks (My tires were a bit knackered again by the end!).

Well done to Phil on the win - The Pork might have been favorite here, but it's still a swine to drive hard so that shouldn't be taken away from you.
    Well done to Davide on 3rd and to everyone who managed to finish the French rally stage :D

Vasilis: Please don't quit just because you're learning still. I had some pretty epic **** ups when I was starting out and learned from them. As long as you're able to learn from your own mistakes you shouldn't worry too much.
    Next race is a short lap so a fair amount of lapping is likely to happen - drive normally and don't suddenly slow or change lines in the middle of a corner if you're caught. If you're much slower than a leader they'll probably find their own way around you ;) If they catch you entering a straight keep to your normal line - they'll move to pass you, once they've pulled along side you can then safely lift enough to help them past. For gods sake don't enter a straight and then suddenly move across and brake! You'll probably get hit doing that.
    As was already mentioned it's also worth watching from a faster drivers car during practice if you can join early enough - just maybe not mine for Donny, I'll be looking out of the side windows for most of it :confused:

Best wishes to Maxime - I hope you'll be back with us next week

• Like Like x 7
  19. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

fantastic video Jos, what (ACC style) crew chief app are you using? I could do with that too. Watching that Cobra onboard it had far better handling than my Schnitzer! it turns into the downhill tight corners much nicer.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Thanks @Mark Johnson The Shelby is a fantastic car. I use the CrewChief app. You can get it here: http://thecrewchief.org/.
    All the best.

• Like Like x 1