Round 2 Donington GP

Discussion in 'Mazda MX-5 Cup UK Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Good Racing guys, Thank you. Especially Kevin and Flaviu, great fights.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stacy Newcomb

Stacy Newcomb Pro Driver

Having fun learning to try and race consistently, still failing at the moment, no one to blame but myself so all good.
    Should have had a good race with a couple of guys but silly mistakes cost me too much time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Simon Pike

Simon Pike Pro Driver

Well Done Tim another level you really need a caravan attached to your car ..LOL
    Nathen and Ken bloody awsome racing you guys, too and fro with Nathen for most of the race and then I saw Ken 5 or 6 seconds I think behind so I switched to cruise mode that was my mistake because Nathen made 2 errors round coppice which I might have taken advantage of who knows :rolleyes:
    But Ken was like a silent assasin and passed me on last lap o_O
    But what a race loved it .
    Thanks for laying on the event and will see you guys at Round three ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Nice first race here at SRO
    and more to come imo ;)

Only wonder how Henry can go offtrack and have 4 wheels outside so many times without a penalty? :confused:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

frans what number of fov and your screen size ?

7. screen 43 " pov 41 i think

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It was a an exciting and enjoyable race between Nathan, Simon and I for sure. At the end I was really surprised that I managed to close the small gap between myself and Simon on the last 3 laps or so. BUT..... having reviewed the replay, I've asked for the results to be changed to give him 3rd place as I inadvertently made the pass by cutting the chicane entry with all four wheels outside track limits. I'm not happy to claim a podium under those circumstances.

This 2nd race was another fun event in my book and I'm looking forward to more of the same :)

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Nathan Lockie

Nathan Lockie Pro Driver

Really enjoyed last nights race, had some great clean battles with Ken and Simon. Managed to build a bit of a gap to Simon but then went off twice which closed up the gap, luckily for me at least Ken was catching Simon and their battling allowed me to escape again! Congratulations Tim on another faultless drive! Looking forward to round 3.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Simon Pike

Simon Pike Pro Driver

Ken I was happy with your manoeuvre into chicane , it looked like you were giving me enough room to avoid possible incident, I had no answer for your late burst of speed I had lost my rhythem by then, I don't think you gained an advantage so I would be happy with original results you earned it pal .

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  11. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

@ Simon and Ken: Stop exchanging compliments, we are afraid of there is a romance starting.:)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Ken Jagger

Don't worry Gerhard, our relationship is still on solid ground :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

That's not what Simon said to me...:eek:

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. AGAIN... how is it why Henry got off track with 4 wheels more then 6+ times (when I was behind him and in front of him) and he didn't get a penalty or what so ever? I thought we only could get 4 warnings .. so that ptracker is or not working or not consiquent

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ken Jagger

ptracker is the client plugin which will report track cutting (if enabled) which is based on the track developer design. stracker is the server side complement to ptracker and is disabled on our servers as it caused too many unnecessary penalties.
    Any protest about another drivers' ontrack behaviour should be made in accordance with Rule 1.1 https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/sim-racing-online-racing-rules-and-regulations.126/

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

Ken just for clarification can you confirm what will happen if we get a fourth warning for cutting the track in this series then as I am confused? I got 2 warnings for cutting the track in one lap after which I drove with as much caution as I could to try and avoid getting any more warnings. However it is possible to get warnings for going outside track limits and not gaining any advantage whatsoever, in fact quite the opposite but you still get a warning. This again happened to me so I got a third warning so imagine how cautious I was after this. I am not saying that I am a driver who purposely cuts corners but the fastest way around Donington involves being very close to doing so.
    If you could clarify please as it would help me understand for the next race I participate in?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Ken Jagger

Actually I'm confusing ptracker with PLP so please ignore my comments above about it and stracker. Apologies for that.

I'm checking into the settings that Rob, Kenny and I are using for the AC servers that we setup, to ensure they are consistent. Once I've clarified that I'll answer your question directly.

One observation I will make is that currently we no longer require members to use the ptracker app plugin and I've noticed some guys are using it, because a message is displayed when it registers they make a cut based on it's own congfig settings. This can be conflicted with a particular AC server setting if it is not set to accommodate the use of ptracker and I think it's this that is confusing the situation.

18. Ken Jagger

OK I can now confirm that on our AC servers the setting which controls the sim giving out a penalty for a track cut is disabled
    This was done due to the inconsistent way that AC (and other sims) are unable to determine when a cut is a deliberate cut and not a mistake or car collision etc which causes the car to go off track.
    I suggest for SRO races you uncheck the PLP App box in General Settings to avoid cut warnings.

19. Ken Jagger

Following a post-race protest, for off-track excursions, being lodged against Henry Drury, he has been given a 10 secs penalty which has been added to his overall race time. As a result he drops from 6th to 8th place in the race results.