Assetto Corsa Round 2 Goodwood

Discussion in 'Group C Honey Jar Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 16, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

mazda honey jar round 2F.jpg

Goodwood Circuit is a historic venue for both two- and four-wheeled motorsport in the United Kingdom. The 3.8 kilometres (2.4 mi) circuit is situated near Chichester, West Sussex, close to the south coast of England, on the estate of Goodwood House, and completely encircles Chichester/Goodwood Airport. This is the racing circuit dating from 1948, not to be confused with the separate hillclimb course located at Goodwood House and first used in 1936.

Awesom race. You have to watch this :) Tom Kristensen from 29th to first.

• Like Like x 3
  2. John vd Geest

This is the actual Assetto Corsa track with the RSS GT1 mod;

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

4. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I know I am more likely to be lapped that doing the lapping but can I just ask for a little bit of patience around here.

Unlike Riverside, Goodwood is narrow and you are almost always turning into corners so letting leaders through is going to be difficult.

Also pretty much any off track excursion will probably end up with a DNF (especially around the outside of the circuit).

Looking forward to this one anyway, hopefully the Mazda's can trouble the Mercedes and Porsche around here :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. John vd Geest

If that's true, keep your right foot in check, and you could win the race :D.
    Also remember that damage is set to 50%. So it won't be all that bad hahaha. You only go off track if you start doing things you didn't do before. Practise, and in the race don't experiment. Stick to what you know is save and all will be fine.

People get in trouble when they are afraid to loose a position and start overdriving the car, doing things they didn't do before.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Haha, true. it's probably because I've seen a few Goodwood Revivals around here and my goodness when you see a beautiful Aston Martin or a classic Maserati catch a tyre wall and tear half of the car away, it's just too painful to watch! lol

I'm just glad the modern circuit uses polystyrene at the chicane, it's almost crazy when you think originally it was a solid concrete or brick wall! :eek::)

8. John vd Geest

Doesn't mean I'm less scared of it LOL

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. John vd Geest

TEAMSPEAK

Teamspeak is one of the features of Sim Racing Online.
    If you would like to hook up with other drivers on teamspeak before the race (or any time), here is the forumlink for the SRO Teamspeak adres and password:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/teamspeak-ip-address-password.19/

Would also be usefull for me to give last instructions on event information, like that there is a formation lap :)
    You can mute teamspeak during the race if you like and activate it after the race to talk to your friends on how the race went for you.

If you don't have a team channel (you can create one yourself) you can meet with others in the channel "drivers Lounge".
    I will be there before/during/and after the race.

For who are not familiar with Teamspeak, you need to add the Sim Racing Online channel to your "bookmarks".

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  10. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

It seems to me that de current server does not hold the skinpack and does not respond to Ptracker. Or is it depending on other settings?. I dont see results in the live timing from the practice we just did.

11. John vd Geest

Thanks for the banner Rob :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. John vd Geest

The skinpack works fine for me on the server.

Looking into the live timing thing.

13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yes I can vouch for using TeamSpeak if you have it and are comfortable using it. You don't have to say anything if you don't want to but it's useful to have in case of server issues or technical problems need to be communicated.

I will try using it for this race, I've had a strange issue previously and I wasn't sure if TS was causing it.

When I used AMS and TeamSpeak the game would sometimes minimise half way through a race, I never got to the bottom of the cause but it only happened in AMS for some reason and it only ever happened the once during a race weekend and that was it.

So I apologise in advance if I decide to stop using TS during the event to be safe but as I mention above it seemed to only be that one sim.

Gonna try and do some laps tonight, although I'm off this weekend so I can practice Saturday morning as well if I run out of time tonight.

14. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ya IDK whats up with ptracker ..its not loading my times either at first the green ball was split in 2 1/2's in the app then it turned white = no connection ,then 1 min later it was green and connected again .. .. Its totally out of our hands as Niles has his own web addresses for all the apps clients so if it screws up its on that end .. There is nothing to set up...... install it & turn it on ..all we can do is wait to see ..

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Oh and I checked the other server and same thing .. so its not just this server ..

16. John vd Geest

I got this message from Rob Milliken;
    Ok I had a look around & see that there is a newer sTracker (not the client side app pTracker the server app updated and controlled by rack service) sTracker 3.5.1 version is out .. we are on 3.4.1 ... s= server p= player for the 2 versions in case anyone was wondering ..lol
    there are also some privacy issues lurking with this program & rack service might choose to not run it on there servers anymore .I sent a message to rack service & waiting for there reply

17. John vd Geest

I made this for another series, but it also fits here. Enjoy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I guess this is the Group C historic race? Saw them a few times at the Silverstone Classic. Nice series. It's funny; from the outside they look really advanced but when you peer inside them in the paddock you see all the aluminium box section, bits if carbon stuck on, tube frame and so on. Shows why they weren't the safest thing to have an accident in! Still advanced at the time of course but just shows how rapidly the tech moved on. By the end of Group C they were arguably more advanced than F1 cars of the time. The XJR-14 was an absolute beast. Another car I've been lucky enough to see racing in historics.

I think this is also the event the 905 appears at? The car I saw at my first Le Mans visit in '93. Yes the engine regs killed the series but my goodness that was a beauty of a race car! :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. John vd Geest

First visit at Le Mans in 93? I went for the first time in 2007. Saw the Group C in a demo there. Awesome sound indeed :)

20. Denis Eshchenko

Denis Eshchenko Pro Driver

Hello!
    Why live-timing don't work?