Assetto Corsa Round 2 Goodwood

Discussion in 'Group C Honey Jar Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

tried to push John for an error at start but he just pulled away.
    this mazda is lacking some power lol anyhow, great game, installed it yesterday lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Come on Karl. Don't give up on the bases of only 2 races. We still have 6 to go. I'm sure it will go beter.
    Also remember that you will get closer and closer with all the weightpenalties for others. You can still do good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. John vd Geest

Actually, the Mazda has a beter topspeed on the same winglevel and beter fuel economy. I tested all the cars on Riverside.

4. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

I just finished watching the replay, i dont know whag to sag first (3 big Johnny Walkers further),. What a race for my teammate John. I suspect he is running on rails. Only had to stop to spread his angelwings, snd then the excellent commentary. Thrre is some Martin Brundle mixed with my own sexy voice that keeps you wanting more of these great events. Well done to everyone who made this epic event happen (poring my 4th) and way to pissed to write a y futthrr

• Like Like x 2
  5. John vd Geest

LOLOLOLOL

You should watch the Heineken promo's ... When you drink, never type !! :p:p:p

Thank you very much for your kind words mr. teammate !!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

Congratulations to John, this win was awesome, it was a statement. Super fast pace.

About my race... It was hell. This is the worst car/track combo I've experienced in many years of sim racing, it was really hard to keep the car on track, not challenging hard or funny hard, but annoying hard, so it was probably the hardest race I've ever done in my life. At the end I was tired, In addition, this is not my kind of track too.

The result was the best possible given the circumstances, as I never had the pace to challenge the top 2. My only chance would be to score the pole, because no one would be able to overtake me, due to the massive straight line speed the C9 has. Starting from P3, I knew this position would be the best "achievable" since I made no mistakes, which I made, due to some oscillation on the internet (It was down just 15 min before the race). Around the minute 30, I hit the wall lightly at S3 and had to cut the chicane, it costed me around 5 or 6 secs, but I had a huge gap to the next car, so it was no problem at all.
    Choosing the wrong strategy didn't help either, the mediums were probably faster, but I bet on the hards, trying to save a few seconds during the pits.

Long story short, I did the best to save some points, but I have the feeling that the C9 won't have a good chance to win another race at this championship, excepting for Austria and Brazil (maybe), but I'll try anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  7. John vd Geest

Don't forget Kyalami ... You have a change to win 2 more races for sure buddy :). Interlagos is indeed a maybe.

8. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

I had a blast. Good times. Congrats John. Good win. Congrats to podium. Well deserved.

And Denis, putting me on blast. When someone has a run on you and you close the door on him, what do you think will happen? Next time, hold your anger, wait 24 hours and then send a message to an administrator like everyone else does. I don't see it as my fault and just racing contact as the door was shut but if it is my fault, I'll gladly serve a penalty at the next race. Easy weezy. :)

Anyways. on to the next coarse. Fun stuff!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Replay can be found HERE

• Like Like x 1
  10. John vd Geest

No shows:

As we had connection issue's with the server before the race, I will not remove the no-shows from the signup list this time.
    We will give them the benefit of the doubt for not attending the event without signing out.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Perhaps it is me but I can not find a rule in the regulations that deals with unsafe rejoins after going off the track.
    Does such a rule exist? If so where?

12. John vd Geest

There does not need to be a sub category for every type of wreck. Submitting a protest under 1.1. Procedure - Filing a protest is sufficient in this type of incident.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Thanks John.

14. John vd Geest

We have put Goodwood behind us now, and to be honest, it was probably the most difficult track in the series. It was packed with very tricky deceptive corners where even the best of drivers get it wrong. Being in a Group C made it especially difficult as a few corners were very sensitive to inside wheelspin. I'll admit it was quite a challenge.
    I was very focused throughout the race forcing myself not to start daydreaming and all that.

So, how difficult is Goodwood? Long ago I made a online race compilation of a multiclass race when I was driving at R2P.
    Looking at that race, we didn't do so bad ... :D

Bikernieki is next. A very good racetrack in terms of layout and excitement. This is also not an easy track, but much better then Goodwood. When you practise it, you will come to appreciate it just like I did.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 3