Assetto Corsa Comp Round 2 Hungaroring

Discussion in '2023 ACC GT3 Series' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

Welcome to Round 2!
    The server is up!
    No red lights, everyone is in!
    We have a 50-player max for this round..

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Server is Brands :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Race is currently set to be an hour earlier than it was last week which will make it difficult to make for me.

5. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

So do I :(

6. Rob Milliken

PW was wrong, FIXED!
    Did your time zone change to DST? The time change does not happen here until Oct 31 that's when time slot changes on the event info
    Desktop Screenshot 2023.10.21 - 13.16.40.06.jpg

7. Rob Milliken

I know EU time change happens before it does here in the US by like 2 weeks and it messes us up every time :cool::mad:
    Is everyone but me having it show 1 hr earlier:rolleyes:?

8. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

It is show things correctly, here in the UK we are currently BST which is GMT +1, so the 7:15 start time was for me 8:15. However we change back to GMT next weekend, so the start time for me locally is currently showing 7:15pm GMT

9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Rob I think Round 2 Hungaroring should've been set for 20:15 GMT, not 19:15, because the UK clocks change on Sunday 29th October.

10. Rob Milliken

Ya but if i do that it will make the start time 1 pm for me and I can't do that as I need to leave for work at 2 pm, the race is 60 min with 10 min Q, so I dont have enough time, once my time zone changes (Nov 5) it will be back to 12 PM start for me, that allows me to run the series ....
    This time change gets us every time in some way or another :rolleyes:o_O

11. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

OK I now understand it is an Admin availability issue and not a time change issue :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

I'm not sure uf we are being spammed.... but surprised ot see the number of people signed up! What are the garage limits on the track?

13. 32 slots for this track
    And SRO is not spammed just a lot of(new) sign ups ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rob Milliken

With this nice huge field, I'm looking into doing a live broadcast! That would free up 1 spot so the first red-light driver would move up.
    If you are a red light driver you will not be able to race unless another driver unregisters before the event. The first in line = next on the list will get the green light and then be allowed to see the PW on race day .. The problem is that some drivers that can't, for whatever reason, make the race fail to unregister, maybe due to not being home in time or whatever. so A note to all drivers. Please be courteous and make sure to un-register if you know you can't make it so your fellow drivers can race :) You can un-register from 'one race' without un-registering from the series ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Just registered tonight, I’m not expecting to get in but just after some advice.

I’m lapping in the 52’s which is slightly upsetting. Lol. I look at some online videos and they are nearly ten seconds faster than me and I honestly can’t see where I’m losing the time.

Is there anything I could be missing, does generation of car make a difference for example? I may try a few different models to compare though. I’m currently in the Lambo.

car feels good, maybe too much understeer but I can drive the car on the throttle, brakes feel good, cars sliding a little but not too much (I try not too as I can see time being lost). Just not too sure where I’m losing so much time.

I did notice one issue where it looked like I was not getting full throttle so correct that. My brake could maybe use some adjustment so I may try that as well.

the only link is possibly assetto Corsa which although I loved driving I was always 7 or so seconds off the pace in any online race, I’m just wondering if the developers tyre models and me are just not compatible. Haha.

im not knocking the sim, I can see me really enjoying it, just a bit shocked by my lack of pace.

16. Rob Milliken

Welcome to the club lol, I'm also way off the pace in this sim, It seems to be fast you need to put hundreds of hours in, this sim has a nitch where once you get it you are able to take tons of time off your laps, I see the fast guys hammering it on exit where if I did the same I would simply spin out haha, mastering the way the TC works I think is key to be fast .. I think slow in fast out is what you need to focus on with ACC .. but that coming from a backmarker :p so..... :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  17. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

well I made a few control input changes and that has helped. The brakes and throttle can be so much more "aggressive" in this sim and I’m so used to being more tippy toe in the likes of RF2 for example.

did a few more laps and got into the 48’s with a full tank. Still way off but I’m much happier than before. Haha.

thanks for the reply and the encouragement, like I say I’d be happy the race AI in this if I’m not good enough. Glad to finally spend some time racing in it. Looks incredible.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rob Milliken

Yes for sure on the breaks, breaking late with a heavy foot seems to be the GT3 thing according to some real driver feedback! I find myself way harder on the breaks in this sim than any other..

• Like Like x 1

19. What car do you use?
    Depending on the brand i have setups available
    (also for @Rob Milliken)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hiya,

That's very kind of you, I'm trying out the Latest version of the Lamborghini Hurracan Evo2 only because it's my favourite GT3 car. haha.

Will try out the Aston Martin as well. I used to follow the Emil Frey team (they kindly sent me a cap and team jacket) but I have no idea how competitive the Jaguar would be in this company. I may just try it out anyway :)