Assetto Corsa Comp Round 2 Hungaroring

Discussion in '2023 ACC GT3 Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

If your feeling generous towards your fellow racers Frans, you can always post your setups here :) https://simracingonline.co.uk/carsetup

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Had to dereg again, sorry, early start for work Im afraid

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

I think i'm turning up..
    Car doesnt feel great aroud here in comparison to Brands, going to be difficult with so many people on track, lets try and keep it clean.

You might want to clarify what the situation is with the entry list as i imagine people may not realise they might be a reserve and join.

4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks for bringing this up Mark,
    Good news! we now have increased the server slots to 62! Hungaroring only has 50 pit stalls to share so 50 is the MAX the New server is listed as simracingonline 2

Now everyone should be able to JOIN/RACE :)

Please, if you have time check that everything is set properly as it just went up (we now have 2 ACC servers) USE DEFAULT pw

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I normally just watch the entry list to see if people drop out. We don’t normally have problems with people joining when they shouldn’t. Usually because about 10% don’t show anyway.

im normally at the gym on a Monday but will happily race if I can. Will keep an eye on the entry list at work.

6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

performance wise Rob what’s a good test for settings with this number of cars. Shall I dial some settings back down to medium? I suppose number of visible cars will help a lot too.

im currently running at 4K on maximum everything. It’s fine with 20 AI cars but I’m not expecting it to be the case with a full server.

7. Rob Milliken

You should be fine as is if it works ok offline, for me the AI pulls more resources vrs online;) but to be safe you might just turn some things down for this round and see ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shades, rearview mirror and distance if you drop them a nudge you will be okay

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Well I've done about 100 laps of practise.

I can get into the high 47's using a setup I got online and that works quite well.

However it looks like I'm suffering from the same issue I suffered with on Assetto Corsa. I watched some online videos and my apex speeds are largely the same, gear selection is the same, however they are braking much later and I reckon I'm probably losing about a second every few corners. Which makes sense.

If I try braking where they brake I simply don't make the corner! lol. Or I plough into massive understeer on corner entry/exit.

It could be a Fanatec pedal issue or my driving style. I don't slam the brakes. I'm so used to cadence braking in RF2 that approach doesn't seem to work as well on ACC. It's more stamp and go. haha.

However Hungary is a very "technical" circuit with lots of hard stops and slow to medium speed corners so whilst I'm not too good around here I may be better at other circuits.

Ran an AI race last night with 30 cars, all worked ok no issues performance wise.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

Don't forget the race will be 1hr earlier for the Euro guys that just had the time change :confused::eek:;)

The next round will be back to the same time slot with the times adjusted to 20:00 GMT for Q 20:15 for race..

12. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Pro Driver

what is Rob, where is the problem?
    this is not how the server is set up!
    let's go like this.
    on the server after a session of a few laps when I return to the box, the data for that set of tires is as if it had not been used. means no tire wear.
    the entire league is announced as real Weather: Real.
    today in Budapest it was around 21C at 3pm, dry, and now it's even lower. and for days the server was set to 17C. and interestingly, today's practice/qual/race is 29C!
    how? why Rob???!!! without any announcement, notification, nothing!
    so, putting the car together for 17C and then jumping to 29C is no small matter. so it's not a problem with the tire pressure, that can be adjusted. but the whole car has to be adjusted differently for the heat.
    and yes, the multitime was set to 2x. this also greatly affects the car's tuning, because after 16h the temperature changes to a low level, a lot.
    I don't know if you are screwing us all over there or someone paid you from those who were preparing, so interestingly they are fast, I mean these Dutch people!?!

13. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

felt like public server with late line changes and punts so had enough and quit after final punt that put me into spin.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Apologies I couldn’t make it.

Long story short one of the stores here on Guernsey went offline and they couldn’t trade properly. So I’ve been there till 8pm trying to get them up and running the best I can.

so I’ve been swapping cables between switches, talking to IT support in India and all sorts. Lol.

frustrating as I’ve been practicing for the last week or so but that’s the way it goes sometimes.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Oh dear….sounds fun. Haha.

16. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

it’s probably accidental. I noticed the temperature difference myself between the previous server and the new one for tonight’s race.

my guess is these details were missed rather than being deliberate when the new server was setup but I understand your frustration.

17. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Yeah the start was wild, we were going so slow, never experienced something like that, but of course regularly we drive with less drivers and no double file rolling start.

But afterwards, I cannot echo your experience. The competition was mostly fair and that on a track where passing is tricky. Maybe I was fortunate, because at some point I was expecting dive bombs but none came. That lead also to a weird situation in the chicane at turn 6/7.

Overall, I have to say the second race was way more fun than my first ACC race. Still lost a lot of time at my inlap, but it is getting better (at least I hope that)

As I have not the slightest doubt about Robs integrity, I would delete the words "probably".

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Justin de Jong

Justin de Jong Pro Driver

we all had the same problem whit the temps just changed tires presure and that whas it, and making a comment that we paid for this temp ??? Drive faster next time :p

19. Justin de Jong

Justin de Jong Pro Driver

and for the rest thnx for the race i had a really good race also big thnx to the commentator and the SRO community for hosting this and to put this effort in to a stream see you guys at the next race have a good one!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1