Assetto Corsa Round 2 Korea

Discussion in 'Mazda MX-5 Asian Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP - RUNNING PRACTICE SESSION ONLY

• Like Like x 3
  2. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I'm so slow with this car and I don't know why :oops:

Still looking for a team mate that can help me :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

See my PM to you Laurent :)

4. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

decorating house so maybe make it maybe not

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Careful not to splash the simracing kit :D

6. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Never driven here either - better get practicing :D

7. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

My issue was too low tire pressures.. didn't notice it while practicing.

Good suggestion for the rolling start Ken, you jumped two places there haha :) I also thought they were going but didn't, so both Phil and I backed off.

Had some fights with Phil, Ken and James. Got out in front. Phil was gaining on me in the last few turns. So I thought I could go faster through there, tried it and it worked, my times dropped considerably.

Well done to Alex for the win! I did not try your setup right before the race as I wasn't sure how it would drive..

Great pace from Time who came back from the back of the grid to a podium finish just in front of me!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

This series looks so fun, unfortunately i cant participate because of my work ( i am finishing my job at 21:00 Greek time ) plus i cant play with shifter, i need to buy an adapter for my playseat chair.. I will do it shortly..
    Is there any chance for uploading a replay of the race? I really want to watch it, it will be much more interesting of watching boring movies on my tv.. :D

9. Ken Jagger

10. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Vasilis = You don't need a H-box to drive manual cars in AC, I know it's not quite the same but you can still drive using the paddles :)
    Admittedly you'll also have to bunk off work a bit early too but that's another issue :D

My race was heavily sabotaged by myself misreading the race time - the announcements here start the race start at the top - everywhere else I race puts this at the bottom:oops:
    I turned up at what I thought was the start of practice (having only done a lap and a half previously to check everything worked) only to see about 20 seconds of Qualifying left on the timer.
    This caused me some considerable confusion!

While the rolling re-start was a very good way of dealing with the weird server glitch in the race I do hope we will be staying with the standing starts.
    I positioned myself behind Ed after he told that's where I was at the end of qually - hopefully this was correct as I had no idea!
    The race start was 'interesting' as I had to try and make pace while also learning the track from pretty much scratch - passing was hard to start as I had little idea on the breaking points for most of the corners.
    I had 1 slight contact with someone on Lap 2 while going around the outside of them (Paul maybe?), I'm pretty sure it wasn't me but sorry anyway.
    After 10 minutes or so I'd fought upto about 6th already only to clip a curb and then slide clear across the track until I put my right rear on the grass - I was already at full lock so simply buried my foot on the throttle in the hope that this would cause me to stay on the outside edge of the track while I span and not collect anyone.
    This worked but I ended up having to reverse in order to get back onto the track and waste loads of time.

The only advantage this then gave was that I had learnt the track pretty well by then and was now able to really push hard and get some heat into the tires - this added grip helped me pass the cars that I re-caught a lot easier than the first time. Thinking on the pace I had managed I think I was going to be good for 4th after that but for Viktor's unlucky spin towards the end of the race - bad luck mate, but thanks :D

Well done to Alex and Andreas for the top slots and thanks to everyone else for some fun clean racing. See you next time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Yeah Tim, driving with puddles is a good option, but the biggest problem for me is about the racing time, unfortunately is quite difficult to leave my job earlier.. Maybe i will make it at the very next event but i am not sure if i can make it for whole series :(

• Informative Informative x 1