Automobilista 2 Round 2 Kyalami 1976

Discussion in 'AMS2 1974 Porsche Cup Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  2. Rob Milliken

Race reminder! These are timed races @ 45 min plus 1 lap! so, when the clock runs out you will need to do one more lap! Don't get caught out racing to the line thinking the race is over when the clock hits 00:00 only to find there is still one last lap to complete!;) If you are familiar with DTM rules, this is the same type of rule that's in effect!

3. Rob Milliken

4. Davide Molaro

Davide Molaro Pro Driver

Hi Rob, would it be possible that no one joined the race server yet? It's 0/20 players now, Should I wait for the first one before joining right?
    Thanks
    Davide

5. Hi Davide, if I understand you correctly, you need only wait for Rob to join the server from the race day start time of 19:00, prior to that, you can get on the sever anytime as it’s still a free practice server. It will be reset at 19:00 to start race day, only then do you need to wait.

6. Rob Milliken

This is correct! we cannot control the server once we are on it so we must start practice exactly at 19:00 gmt with admin being the first on If you read the info in the general info thread for this series you can see the race day prosses;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Davide Molaro

Davide Molaro Pro Driver

Hi Chris, thank you. I've just realized I have a different time zone, I'm one hour ahead here in Italy!!! :) So, no prob, I'm still on time to join :) That's wìhy nobody was already online! Thanks, see you later on track

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

I am on the server now in the lobby as admin, you can join now if you like but we will not vote to start until 18:58! GMT (aprox 15 min from now):D

9. I didn’t do much testing with this car prior to last night’s race as I hadn’t really intended joining the series, but what a race it turned out to be……for the first 25 minutes at least!
    I have to say it’s a long time since I had such an enjoyable battle for position over such a prolonged period, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great scrap with @Davide Molaro & @Jos Ogos. I didn’t have the straight line pace of Davide & Jos, but as I’m sure they could tell, my setup gave me the advantage in the turns.
    The inevitable happened though on about lap 13 where Jos & I had a coming together, apologies if it was my fault Jos, I certainly didn’t want or intend any collisions, but it gave Davide the lead, and the gaps remained constant between the three of us for the rest of the race.
    I had noted the 45 minutes + 1 lap prior to fuelling for the race, but obviously hadn’t accounted for the pace, and fuelled based on a slower lap time, but the extra pace increased the number of laps and left me out of fuel with a lap to go, gifting 3rd place to Flaviu! I don’t normally run that marginal on fuel, but lesson learned.

regardless of finishing position the first half of the race was epic……so the rest didn’t matter!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Another intense race with the RSR, what a car and sim! Well done @Rob Milliken for setting this series up and Thanks!
    The battle with @Davide Molaro and @Chris Belfield was epic during the first 20ish minutes of the race. Really enjoy the close fights. It was perhaps too close at times and the unavoidable happened at some point with Chris and I being worst affected.
    Davide took the advantage and robustly defended the gap for which I really didn't have a solid response... All in all, a great race, and with @Csaba Lako and @Mariusz Lebioda problems at the back, I managed to get on top in the championship...(for now)
    Congrats to Davide for the win and all for racing.

Video of the race as customary:

See you in the next race!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

Grats to Davide on the win & Jos for 2nd & a Big congrats to teammate Flaviu for finding the podium in 3rd! Way to go guys!
    I totally agree that these cars are amazing fun! The racing in AMS2 is extremely good! Add in the great sportsmanship of all the drivers & its sim nirvana:D. While you guys were battling in the front Scott, Flaviu & I had an epic mid pack battle! We were neck & neck lap after lap throughout the first 30 min! Scott had the advantage in the turns & I had added a tic to 5th gear and that proved to give me a few extra kph on the strait! What a fight! But good things only last for so long & Scott & I finally came together in the last turn & the added damage took all the pace out of the car o_O:rolleyes:.. Now it was a battle of survival! I noticed that every lap would add 1 point of damage to the engine :eek: Then with about 10 min to go I saw my fuel consumption could have me running out just before the 'plus 1 lap'o_O lol so it was dicey to the end none the less, either my engine would blow or I would run out of gas :DIn the end it all worked out as I started feathering the gas & lifting where I could & managed to get the wreck home (in a few pieces) :D

Ugg, I forgot to save the replay :oops::rolleyes: So bummed, so I only have some screens from the last few laps inside the car..
    Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2022.02.08 - 13.02.21.52.jpg Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2022.02.08 - 13.03.40.20.jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Davide Molaro

Davide Molaro Pro Driver

Thank you Jos!! Contragts to you too! Strong race! It was a shame the accident. Could you please share with us the replay of the race? Did you manage to save it? Thanks! See you soon!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

Yes, Jos (or anyone who might have it) If you have the replay file and can zip it & send it to me, I can post it in the SRO downloads with a link!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Thank you very much @Rob Milliken. Yes, it was a very nice first half of the race, with you and @Scott Ring. I really enjoyed this and I've missed you guys in the last half. I was alone on the track and I just tried to be consistent and take the car home in 4th position. The podium was a gift and I have to thank to @Chris Belfield (thank you and sorry m8).
    I think I hit the "Save reply" button. Afternoon I will check and if it is there, I will send it to you Rob.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Yeah sorry for that hip-check into the wall Rob:oops:. At that point I think had about 17 on the engine damage meter and figured it wouldn't make it to the end, so I thought I'd hang back with you for fun since you probably wouldn't have much pace with all that damage...but you were still faster on the straights! and I found I had a hard time keeping up with you :eek:..Good stuff. I'd like to think we would've had a 3way battle to the end with Flaviu if I hadnt violated the social distancing rules with you, but I seem to make a lot more mistakes than he does in this car !

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Rob Milliken

Thank you Jos!:)
    Replay is now available on the champ page right hand side under event details Download replay