Assetto Corsa Round 2 Kyalami 67

Discussion in 'F1 Classic 1967 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 4, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

67 r2.jpg

[​IMG]

The 1967 South African Grand Prix, formally the 1st AA Grand Prix of South Africa (Afrikaans: Eerste AA Suid-Afrikaanse Grand Prix, was a Formula One motor race held at Kyalami on 2 January 1967. It was race 1 of 11 in both the 1967 World Championship of Drivers and the 1967 International Cup for Formula One Manufacturers. The 80-lap race was won by Cooper driver Pedro Rodríguez after he started from fourth position. John Love finished second in a privately entered Cooper and Honda driver John Surtees came in third.

Qual / race result info: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/database/races/1967-south-african-grand-prix

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Dammit. I can not get in this race, because I'm out of town then. Hope to see you at Donington.

3. John vd Geest

Oke, thanks for letting me know.

4. John vd Geest

Matteo Santini you have moved up to green for Kyalami. You are in the Brabham BT24 nr. 2.
    Please do a few laps on the practise server for your GUID info, so we can assign the car to you.

5. John vd Geest

First blood is drawn on the server :D:
    1. Laurent Londes gpl67_lotus_49 01:18.346

6. John vd Geest

We need the GUID info from the following drivers. Please do a few laps on the practise server:
    Stefan Fritsche
    Darrel Kruger
    Aziz Can Yucel

7. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

Practice server SRO is not up, password is not posted.

8. John vd Geest

I just put the practise password in :)

9. Mauro Mariani

Mauro Mariani Pro Driver

Sorry guys, i still have healt problems.
    I have to miss kyalami race
    (i was on mclaren)

Very bad new year for me :(

10. John vd Geest

Thanks for letting me know. Take care and best wishes!

11. John vd Geest

12. Fabrizio Ferrante

Fabrizio Ferrante Pro Driver

Ok, thank you. What car I will drive, John?

13. John vd Geest

14. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Getting frustrated with the BRM now. Has anyone else got this car as I need some pointers. Cannot tell if its me or the car, but Im having to wrestle it around the track with very little reward.
    If someone could even try this car and let me know if there is anything I can do to get it around Kyalami or am I just flogging a dead horse here
    :confused:

15. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Is it oversteering too much?

16. John vd Geest

Maybe Jukka Drugg can help you with this. He seems really good in getting the car balanced.
    I'm also having big trouble with the car fishtailing out the corners and it feels very drifty. I think it's the high speed character of the track that makes the car nervous. On cornery tracks with lower speed, the issue is much less apparent.

17. Fabrizio Ferrante

Fabrizio Ferrante Pro Driver

At Kyalami would require softer springs than the default ones. With this setup I find the Eagle too little oversteering in exit and too much in entering, this is also due to the setting of the differential (default one).

18. John vd Geest

With "auto clutch" on, you can't do a proper standing start. As soon as you press the clutch and the accelerator, the car will roll forward. I'm keeping it off.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Trying to get the spring balance right. I have tried a soft setup but it understeers too much. Stiffening the front brings some steering accuracy but this requires balance from the rear to allow turn in . It is getting that turn in balance right without the back end letting go mid corner. It could be me trying too hard and mid 1.21 lap is ok. I like the challenge but I cannot find another second.
    Dont get me wrong, I am enjoying this but it would be good if someone else had this car too so I have a benchmark to work to..
    Mo_O:cool:

20. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

See post #7 here John. You are not alone! :)