Automobilista 2 Round 2 Laguna seca

Discussion in 'USA GTE Challenge Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ahh yes I think that's it!

2. Rob Milliken

Replay uploaded (i hope) to the Champ page Find it on the right-hand side!

Desktop Screenshot 2021.10.16 - 14.59.29.42.png

3. Rob Milliken

Were having an issue with the results files after the recent updates to AMS2 so please be patient while we sort it..
    Thanks!;):rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tom Hales

Tom Hales Pro Driver

Ah that makes sense re cooling , cheers everyone Il look into that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

Lap one action Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.10.17 - 00.18.22.73.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rob Milliken

Results have been posted!

7. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

An eventful race yesterday at Laguna Seca for me.
    The BMWs had the advantage and I had picked up a better setup than the one I had in Daytona... Not a bad qualy (3rd) but a terrible start... I thought it was going to be a rolling start!
    Even worse was my decision to risk on the radiator opening by keeping just 40% -first warning from the crew chief was 6 mins after the beginning of the race- (combined with my high revving when I lost control at the corkscrew). The high temperatures forced me to keep the pace down but it seems others had far more complex races than I had (except @Gillis Hommen Congrats on the win! btw).
    Despite all my issues, I managed to keep an overall 2nd position which was a gift considering the circumstances. I had fun managing the distances (a different type of race).
    BTW, something might have happened early in the race and there were a few fast drivers soon overlapped that were catching up and trying to un-lap themselves. Nothing wrong with that, particularly as we were managing our own race in the front- but there was perhaps an excess of flashing that was a bit distracting...
    Hope you enjoy the video. Thanks again @Rob Milliken for putting this together and all for racing.
    Jos

PS: Pedals got unsynced for some reason... I must investigate that...

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Balazs Flossmann

Balazs Flossmann Pro Driver Donator

I suppose it was me...
    I was lapped by you while I've been in pit for repairing...
    I wanted to take back my lap but I guess you didn't realized I'm not competing with you... I was faster but you were fighting, closing the corners and I tried to let you know I would like to go through you :D sorry for that but I was in hurry action lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Congrats to Gillis on the win, you had some fast times.
    I managed an ok start and got in front of Jos and managed to hold him off for a while but then made a mistake and he got past, then it was a case of just trying to stay with him throughout the race, I think about 3/4 of the way in he lost it at the cork screw and i got back in front, but then we swapped places again and he was in front.
    It got difficult towards the end of the race with people un-lapping themselves and trying not to make a mistake while keeping an eye on Jos but by then i was in fuel saving, so decided not to attack and settle for a safe p3.
    I did notice from my end that cars were skipping around the track (lagging) which made it real hard to push an overtake, and had a feeling it was my internet, but i watched Jos video and notice he had the same so it must be a game thing or server.
    Great video Jos, good to watch.
    Cheers to Rob for the work, and thanks to all for the race.:) cya at the next one.

• Like Like x 2