Round 2 Lausitzring Long 1 - Sat Sep 26, 2020

Discussion in 'GT3 / McLaren Senna GTR Multiclass Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 20, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]

Welcome to Round 2 Lausitzring Long 1

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. David Plummer

David Plummer Pro Driver

is it the grand prix long 1 or long 2 version?

3. John vd Geest

It's the Long 1 version.

• Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

In 2021 The LMP1 Prototypes used in the top class for the first eight years of the WEC championship will be phased out and replaced by a new class known as Le Mans Hypercars.

There is a big possibility that the McLaren Senna Hypercar will also enter the WEC championship.

McLaren to decide on WEC Hypercar programme by end of summer

Keeping this in mind, Sim Racing Online will be driving the McLaren Senna a lot in 2021. And other racing sites too. It will be a realistic reflection of the 2021 WEC classes with the
    LM Hypercars (McLaren Senna), LMP2's and the GT's.

Therefore it's a good investment the buy the rFactor 2 McLaren Senna now and join this series, because in 2021 it will be combined in Multiclass races with the LMP2's, GT3's and GTE's.

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

upload_2020-9-23_13-36-28.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. David Plummer

David Plummer Pro Driver

are we using the updated gt3 cars?

7. John vd Geest

Yes, the server is already set up with the new build.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Peter Williamson

Peter Williamson Pro Driver

9. John vd Geest

Not for this series. It's a DLC and I can't impose that in the middle of the series.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Got to pull as got to pick my daughter up which i forgot about have fun.

11. Sorry guys my SteamVR crashed. It;s a problem today started.. probably an upgrade that causes this..

12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

After yesterdays boozing, just didnt have stamina to finish it. Started to spin around the track too much.
    Johnny was pretty much unbeatable today :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

Sorry for my absurd formation lap. I forgot to put in the correct pit pre-settings and thought it was a great idea to do this on the formation lap...
    On the backstraight I actually forgot if I was past the bait brakemarkers or the actual ones and just turned in on a random spot Oo

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. John vd Geest

I brainlessly followed you LOL. Money see, monkey do ...

Where you on medium or Hard tires? You seemed to have a lot of speed left in the end, or were you just holding back behind me :eek:o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. John vd Geest

16. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Hate to say this but Mclaren have ruled out an entry into the Hypercar category for 2021 or beyond. Decision came in Dec 2019. The article above was written in June last year. This article does give hope in the form of an entry into the DPi 2.0 class for IMSA. The ACO will have to ratify this class for entry into Le Mans. So maybe S397 will bring us a new car next year. :)

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/mclaren-rules-out-hypercar-global-dpi-2-0-only-option/

Very sad but Mclaren are in financial dire straights at the moment and their future is far from certain. They have put their gleaming high tech factory up for sale in order to lease it back to free up much needed cash. Their historic car collection has been used for collateral for a business loan to restructure during the pandemic as their road business ground to a halt.

I really hope they still exist in 2021 and beyond, let alone be fielding F1 and WEC cars. Damn you Covid :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

Medium Tires. Just trying to not overdo it to not drop pace towards the end.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Good racing guys.

Formation lap. No one told me we were doing off roading as welll. My exact words were, "Where are these guys going? Some kind of shortcut?"

Race started off good. I took my time at the beginning. Told myself I'd be happy in the top 5. I was waiting for Toni to catch up to me. Noticed he was still behind after a few laps. Started thinking, "he must be holding Barrett off so he can make a gap and then sprint off and hunt me down like a wildebeest. haha smart man." Well that never happened. Had a few Ohh Sh** moments with the other class but overall, a good, calm race.

• Like Like x 2