Round 2 Lausitzring

Discussion in 'Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters Closed' started by Michael Schmiedel, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Sorry everyone, just got home. By the time I move the PC and plug everything in the race will have started. Good luck everyone and have a good one :)

2. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Laggy comp made me start pressing 1,2,3...try to find where to turn off mirrors off L1 back straight so i missed the mark and dropped.
    It was ok still to fight for podium but then i hit Ken when tried to overtake at T1. Wasnt a punt, close to racing incident but my gut told
    me I was maybe little too far so I waited for him as he spun.
    After early pit managed to put in decent laps on clear track but after a while it started going on the way i beginned with.
    Finally parked to pits.
    Guess it all comes down to the fact of not having time to prepare for events. Like today i spent half of my time trying to get dynhud
    working and eventually when i did, drove without...

Love these cars tho :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Schmiedel

Michael Schmiedel Pro Driver Donator

Race 2.
    I had an early accident with frontal damage. The pit stop for repair took 557:(:mad::confused: seconds!? And my engine got hot.
    As a result, I turned the ignition off.
    Unfortunately I only noticed after the almost 10 minutes in the pits that I didn't occupy the starterbutton.:rolleyes:

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

ONLY 557 secs Michael??

I had 1200 secs at Hockenheim!! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Nick Lawrence

Nick Lawrence Pro Driver

well i couldnt get a car to load it just kept loading a clio pace car for some reason and so ive tried everything so im in the middle of a completely fresh download of RF2 cant understand it cos all was fine yesterday

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Another fun race and some close action at the beginning. Scott, I apologize for the contact there at the beginning. I didn't react quick enough to the braking. If Flaviu had another lap or two he would have caught me at the end. I pitted early thinking I could make my tires last longer with lighter fuel. My tires dropped off a lot at the end as I was locking up too much and burning them up. It was exciting. Cheers to John and Lorence. See ya guys at Norisring.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lorence Calpatura

Lorence Calpatura Pro Driver

Not much action for me, just trying too keep the gap to the 3rd car. My first stint was really bad, imbalance tire wear and overheating at the front but the 2nd stint got better.

8. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Mark I dont even remember our meeting, (maybe that was the damage I was surprised about when i got into the pits) I had too many noobie mistakes, but still had fun with some decent pace after my L1 step out into the grass, back to p10 and 2 more major mistakes.. and probably should apologize to Ken when I leaned hard on him into t1 after my pit and drive thru.

• Like Like x 1
  9. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I had a feeling that first gear might be too long for the standing start. But I needed it for traction out of the hairpin at the end of sector 1 so I left it like it was.
    When Toni overtook me at the start, I was all ready for a race long battle. That guy can put up a fight like no other. So I was quite relieved when he made a mistake on lap 1 and I could pass him without any effort.
    After that it was a trouble free run to the finishline.

Thanks for a fun race guys.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

It was a.good race and I enjoyed every single minute (maybe with a small exception when get out of pit and saw @Mark Hightree at 9 seconds in front ;))
    I have to send back to school my "strategy team" :cool:
    @John vd Geest First gear ???? I use it only at start :eek:. Can you tell me your final gear ratio? Maybe I will send back to school my engineers :).
    See you all next race.
    Edit:
    Thank you @Larry Thomas for your careful driving

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Well , I was up to my usual standards. Mistakes, mistakes and more mistakes. Great cars though and a lot of fun.
    Congratulations to the podium, well done!

12. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Tough luck Michael. That sounds like the sort of mistake I would make!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I made the first 3 gears a bit longer so I could have good traction out of the slower corners. Without tractioncontrol, that makes the tires spin a bit less and let's the rear's bite into the track.

14. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Yes, this have sens and it is something to think about :). Thank you for your explanation.