Round 2 | Le Mans

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

After some testing I also experienced this anomaly. To avoid this in future all our rF2 servers have now been set to use Rejoin = 2 yes with vehicle in same physical condition. However it will mean that on Rejoining the server after a disconnect, rF2 will assign the default setup for the car you are using, so before going back out on track you will have to reload your saved setup.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Pro Driver Broadcaster

It doesn't keep your setup? THAT must be why I had difficulties after my disconnect

3. Ken Jagger

With Rejoin option 3 enabled, for rF2 to auto-load your saved setup, it must first have to have been assigned as the track default. If you had not assigned it you would get the rF2 car default.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Pro Driver Broadcaster

Right, next time I will make sure I assign my setup as default. Thanks for the tip. The race would've been a disaster with or without the setup, so no change there. I am agreed that the fueling is an issue after rejoin. You cannot select how much you want to put in the car, and are stuck at a set amount.

5. Ken Jagger

With the changes we have made in setting Rejoin=2 you will have to reload your setup manually if you disco and then rejoin the server

6. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Thx Ken.
    To be clear, I wasn't advocating changing it to fixed time penalty after disconnect. It's working fine the way it is now. I think it is a good "sim" approximation of what happens in real life when they have to take the car into the garage to fix a problem with the car. It makes sense to lose a couple of laps for the ability to re join the race.

I was just defining what happens after disco for everyone else. I know Cody asked me after the race on the server about what happend when I rejoined after my disco.

7. Ken Jagger

No additional time penalties will be applied due to the changes we have made.

8. Simon Marshall

Simon Marshall Pro Driver

I had this at Spa not being able to change my fuel and thought it was buttons loosing assignments but at least I now know. The spray inside the car is in the player.json - i think i saw the option in there somewhere earlier.

I finally sorted my rift lagging progressively worse through out the race and have put it down to under power to the rift via usb - i moved as many usb devices from my motherboard to my powered hub and and its been fine, needs more testing but was consistently doing it until changing

9. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

Oh man, I am currently out of town, but i think I will simply start a fresh player.json file. o_O