Round 2 | Le Mans

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO assumes that all drivers are honest and will not intentionally take advantage of this flaw in the track. If that is not the case and a driver thinks by exploiting this they will gain an advantage, I would suggest to that driver they find another site to race at. It may be true that you will gain 3-5 seconds, but eventually your dishonest ways will cause you to lose the respect of your fellow competitors. In the end, cheaters will always lose.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bart Slobodzian

Bart Slobodzian Pro Driver

To be honest I didnt practice pitting in the wet till today and it caught me out by surprise sliding instead of turning, hence I still carried on over the gravel to the pit entrance where I found the advantage, which many other drivers could argue the same. I will leave at your discretion, perhaps a quick message to all drivers before and after qualifying in the lobby would be enough to deter this cut.

3. Simon Marshall

Simon Marshall Pro Driver

If done accidentally during the race it would seem that there is enough respect here to give the advantage back by waiting the time gained before taking the pit stop

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

I figured it out... I bought a new PCI-E wifi card this week and apparently there was a conflict between Windows and the TP-Link software/drivers... it never happened before. Just in case, I updated the drivers. Everything looks normal now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I Just drove home in the RAIN & now it's time to try and get some practice laps in before the start (in 11.1/2 hrs) ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  6. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ofcourse it will be policed by me on the replay afterwards :D. I case I miss something drivers can report it to me.

7. John vd Geest

Before we start racing today, I would like to refresh everybody's memory about the qual & racing rules by asking to read post 1 from the general info thread again;
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/general-info.2743/

Today 2 drivers have to do a drive-through penalty because of punting someone in Spa without doing the drive-through directly after the incident. These drivers are in P2: Marcos Junior and Jospeh Wright.
    They will come in directly after the formationlap to do the drive-through, so GTE's be aware of this when they come out the pitlane.

The race password for the race can be found here later today:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/632

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

Formationlap:

To avoid confusion where the race will start, we will do a FULL formation lap. The race will start by the pole sitter when coming out of the last chicane.

• Like Like x 2
  9. John vd Geest

Event note:

If you leave the server during the qualifying session,
    you will not be able to get in any more until the warm-up session.
    This is to prevent people going in and out the server during qualy, which causes stuttering for drivers on track.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Thank you very much John.

I am hopeful to be in attendance for the race later today. If all goes well I will be home in time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

Only for this event you can use the escape key during qualifying and go back out again.
    This is because of the length of the track and possible rain.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race Pwd has been set

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

I have just been advised that my electricity is going to be switched off (due to repairs to the main box in my area), so this means I will not be in attendance:(. Thought I would let you know so that if anyone is on the waiting list then maybe they can jump in.

Regards,
    Bret

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Lance Link

Lance Link Pro Driver

Ill be there. I gotta make up for the debacle at Spa.

15. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues Pro Driver

ok, im green. Wich skin should i take?

16. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Carl and myself had to unregister as I have had an unexpected visit from my sister did not no she was in the country very pleasant surprise.
    Have fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Any skin Nuno

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Im home and will make the race.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Nuno Rodrigues