Round 2 Longford 67

Discussion in 'The DNF Series – Mclaren M23 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Kayo Michiels

Kayo Michiels Pro Driver

Get SimDashboard (https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/) ; depending on the sim it can display all sorts of information you need, and also a cool thing: dashboard designs are shared on the website with QR codes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I´m not sure about that, because it seems sufficiant enough to place the car in the middle of the road and then only a madman is able to overtake you.

This track reminded me a lot of the old Hockenheimring. I wouldn´t say that these kind of tracks are boring to drive, but they are unspectacular as the biggest challenge is to get a few brake points right. (Ok, there are some spots which prevent you from falling asleep) Still not easy, especially in the race and I´m a bit worried about that. It´s enough that somebody gets it wrong at the brige sections and the road is blocked (that reminds me of Macau). So I hope you guys drive 1:55s and let me drive my race :p

Little joke, in the first place I hope to finish the race and if I can join some good battles I won´t say no.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Aiden Blake

Aiden Blake Pro Driver

What’s the password?

4. Aiden Blake

Aiden Blake Pro Driver

Password?

5. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  6. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

I'm not sure if I'll get the race, but there isn't red lights now, so I keep my register in so far. I try to come to the race, but i have another race just before that, and I'm not sure if that's end before when this race start.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Heads up!
    Please remember that the clock has moved forward 1 hour in Europe for summertime.
    The racetime 20.15 GMT still reads the same, but it is actually 1 hour later then you were used to.

8. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race Day PW set on the CHAMP page ,
    Good luck everyone !

9. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks John !
    Yes SRO will continue to use GMT as the official time zone year round so members need to make the adjustments , Be aware the start times will remain GMT but some may be adjusted by the series admin to make it start at the proper time for there bst/pst time zones .. example would be a 20:00 GMT (8pm) race would be adjusted to 19:00 GMT(8pm bst)

10. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Ok, that has totally confused me. Some championships staying GMT but others moving to BST?

If the race is still at 8.15 GMT tonight, then it is at 9.15 BST (UK time)?

Edit, reading Robs comment, I understand the ones moved will still display GMT but the time will alter.

This is all the opposite of what Jens was told by an admin and what was displayed at the top of the forum all day yesterday :confused:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  11. John vd Geest

The core time zone for SRO is the GMT timezone, but some admins (not me) like to adjust it to their own timezone (BST for example).
    I like to keep it at the GMT core timezone. But that means that the drivers have to make their own timezone adjustments.
    So for this series racetime = 20.15 GMT (witch is actually 20.15 BST in England = 1 hour later)

If this is confusing, just come to the server 1 hour earlier then you're used to, and if that was too early, come back again 1 hour later :)
    Then you should be fine.
    Race password has been set.

12. Pascal Bauer

Pascal Bauer Pro Driver

I would prefer that. So in my time zone (Berlin), the race will start today at 10:15 pm. This is very late for a Sunday, when you have to go out 6 am on Monday or even earlier. Is it possible that we start 1 hour earlier in the future?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. John vd Geest

10:15 pm is correct: https://greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/european-union/germany/berlin/time/

I have to check with Ken Jagger first to see if it would fit the calendar to race 1 hour earlier. And then we would have to vote on it with all members on the list.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

I suggest putting a clock with the current time on the home page or a clock counting down the time to the event

• Like Like x 5
  15. John vd Geest

I've put the request through to our tech guy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. John vd Geest

17. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Quick question: I am looking on how to join the race in rFactor 2 this evening... I cannot find this on the forum... Is it via the multiplayer menu in the rF2 launcher or is there another way to enter the sessions?

18. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

hi
    Still a bit of a newb in rfactor2. Is there a way to advance the session as it has went to race for 60 mins at present. I like practicing on server
    I dont know if I can call a vote or such. I am only one in at the moment;)

19. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

I tried to enter the practice session, with the password provided but got reply invalid password from the rfactor 2 launcher... Am I doing something wrong?

Can anyone give me some assisstence what I am doing wrong? Or do I have to wait until 19.00 GMT?

I figured it out in the meantime... See you all later.

20. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

You are typing in the race password and not practice password.
    Check here https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/847