Round 2 Longford 67

Discussion in 'The DNF Series – Mclaren M23 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 2, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

You can sign up here for the whole series or per event and you will see the race password after signing up.
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/112

2. John vd Geest

If you are driving the server alone, you can advance it through the settings menu on server.

3. Aiden Blake

Aiden Blake Pro Driver

Right I’m very confused.
    So is it 9:15 uk time (bst)?

4. John vd Geest

Yes, it's 9:15 BST racetime :)
    and 9:00 BST qual.

5. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Must say I find it very confusing not adjusting all championships start time according to DST, when signing up I guess no one is calculating with DST and assuming the race start staying at the same local time. Except for our fellow racers outside EU, have no idea how and if DST is applied.

6. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

I may miss this race today..I'm on my way back now bur still have 30min of driving at least before I'm home

7. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

And I agree a countdown to race clock would be great..

8. John vd Geest

Qualy is in 57 minutes from now. You might still make it :)

9. Glenn Mulholland

Glenn Mulholland Pro Driver

Hi all hope your doing well looking forward to the race :) whats the password for the P session?

10. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Couldn't make it, had a rough day today. I will watch the broadcast later, hope it was a fun race.

11. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

So that isn't go very well. I noticed that I was pretty slow on quali with default setup only wings changed to 1, so I made a few changes to setup before the race. Got good start, but I had to lift the gas because there was no room to overtake, and then the first chicane exit, I pressed the gas and the car immediately started to spin and I hit the three. I drove in the pits just to find that I don't have a pitbox, so I quit.

12. John vd Geest

I am soooooooooo sorry guys. I just sat there in shock when it happend. I moved a bit too much to the right side and interlocked wheels with the car next to me.
    If I could have sunk through the ground, I would have.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Pc froze with 10 mins to quali . Very unusual for me to have pc issues. Anyhow got back in and proceded to gate only to get the dreaded pit lane penalty. Decided to run out lap then take penalty but crashed on the way round. Wasnt enough time to take penalty then get a lap that counted so decided to stay out of the way in garage .
    Race, started at the back and got caught up in an incident that happened in front of me between turns 2 and 3. Managed to scrub off most speed but had nowhere to go. Think i had damage but carried on and found myself in top ten due to mistakes in front and my pace:)
    Was enjoying the race and getting faster every lap until i got what looked like repeated lag freezes sending me careering into fence. It done it a few times until the car was too badly damaged to carry on. Im on a virgin broadband and do not usually have any issues like this.
    Pity I had some speed in practice and i think i might have taken a point or two today
    Well done to podium
    Im getting faster so that is what i take from today:cool:
    Cyas next time

14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

due to daytimesaving or what ever it is, managed to squeeze into race. Noticed it on my way from work when didnt find stream.

well half race went to haymaking which gave me 10 or so stop and gos and one of them 70 seconds and one 50 seconds.

in the end manage to do couple laps under 2minutes so found some pace atleast but damn hard one without single lap of praccy.
    good way to unwind after work tho so im happy.

gz podium and finishers

15. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Henri, you need to request a pit stop, and pits are shared alot so if it's ocupied you can't (almost) see it unless really close.
    I noticed my stop from distance, but it disappear as a fellow racer repaired so I had to wait behind.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

just got back in time to join started dead last but finished 9th I think. waaaay too much fuel and default setup but only touched hay once and lost front wing....had fun great race guys
    had zero issues with game, oculus or pc so I hope I got it all sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

For this event I decided to sit out quali and start from the back as I feared a mid-pack pile-up near the bridge on lap 1. Well that's how it turned out and I managed to pick my way through the scrap metal although I did get some front-end damage. The remainder of the lap went well so I decided to continue without repairs. I like this track and I settled into a reasonable pace as I set off after Philipp. It took a few laps to chase him down but eventually I found a way past and again settled into a rhythm. The majority of the race was spent on trying to be consistent and stay out of the scenery and I was amazed to end up in P3.
    Congrats to Gert-Jan and Roberto for their podium results :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

2 lost front wings (car upside down even before T1 and a white post in the middle of the road)
    2 stop / go penalties (not really sure what for)
    A semi spin
    A game freeze for 2-3 seconds
    Guess I can't be too upset with 5th position :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

I was glad that I could qualify on the first row, because I kind of expected that to happen. I never expected to pass Roberto since his qualifying lap was so incredibly fast. After that I could manage a good rhythm till the end...

20. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

I wanted check if I could have a look at the race... Does anyone know if/when it will be available to view?