Round 2 Longford 67

Discussion in 'The DNF Series – Mclaren M23 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

What a race, got away good with a slight gap to the car behind and went into T2. But there was cars flying all over the air/track and when trying to avoid it I missed my brake point, and just bumped into haystack and cone fell off, was that even attached correct (mechanics!)??:mad::p

I waited and let everyone pass as I was in the way, but then this really happen, when I started going again a few meter, I FELL DOWN TO THE RIGHT, to the picnic area where the white poles are located... :eek::eek::eek:

Landed on the wheels, went back where you enter (T2) and went for repair after one whole lap without front wing. Entering pit, my marker disappeared :confused:
    So the pit boxes are shared, waited for a fellow racer to finish, and then repaired the car...

Then I just did the laps, with a final position of P6 I'm rather satisfied with that in the end :D

Well done to podium and everyone who manage to take checkers flag :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

See above, I feared the same but after quali I was right behind John, Henri, Roberto and Michal. All together very good drivers therefore I thought that won´t happen in front of me...

In case you are interested what actually happend then, well lean back, fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the flight air Pichler.

You can see how shocked I was that my car had no visual damage and was drivable, even if it felt so odd to drive. But I decided to continue without a stop. I could not fight you Bill I had enough to do with my car. And then I made such a silly mistake to hit the inside tyres at the begin of sector two. Got stuck there and lost a lot of time and nearly my engine. After a stop I suffered stil a broken car with 25 km/h less topspeed. Sorry to the guys who lapped me, I think there was miss understanding with Gert-Jan.

In the end the best thing is that I finished the race, but it was awful how.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Wow Philipp ! hahah amazing … & Jens amazing finish considering what happened ! Philipp I believe I went under you ?? :Dbut it all happened so fast , I almost made it threw but just as i saw clear ahead I got dinged rear wing area, bad enough to force repair I think I came out 16th or something ..
    After 30 min or so I found my self in 9th ! I was so amazed that I then crashed ..lol :cool:more repair ,this time was driver error :mad:.. 20 min to go ! fight back to close the gap to Eric in 11th only to again loose it in the back side hair pin that I had done so well at all race . but only slight damage this time :rolleyes:,however it must have been the cooling system as I was smoking non stop with oil temps 207-210f , I figured I could make it the temps came down on the starits and no engine damage icon in the hud just the tip behind the wing but then the final blow was trying to give room on the bridge for the blue flag car ..heh man .. BAM ! shit went flying ! I saw my wing tumble off into space ! , I miss judged it by about a foot & took the first bridge post right on the cheek :eek:..must have tor a wheel off as well lol , I had plenty of room & was all my fault & luckily no damage to the blue flag car ..I was determined to get it to the pits and finish but I could only manage about 50kph and the car did not steer well at all lol .. at one point it darted out on track from the dirt shoulder & I had to full right turn it to get off the track then the engine blew ..thank goodness ..lol !

Great stuff & these cars are amazing:) ! & so far I think the series is going perfectly !, and holding up to its name- The DNF series ! hahaha
    see you all next round !

4. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

Broadcast replay lads

• Like Like x 4
  5. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Oh ya some shots !
    The start
    DNF R 2 Start.jpg

Henri's sad ending
    henris sad start.jpg
    My teammate skin !
    Norms Skin 1.jpg
    Pre "launch"
    pre launch R2 DNF.jpg
    The DNF dance "Air Time"
    DNF R2 jvdg air time.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hm, shit happens, but I feel kind of stupid asking you guys to be careful at the start and then wrecking half the field myself.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Well John, at least it looked spectacular and nobody is fautless.
    I´m sure you will do better next time ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

Hey Rob ... it was me passing you on the bridge. I wanted to get past because it was very difficult to see through your smoke and was ready to draft by on the next straight but when you pulled over on the bridge I went past ok but saw in the mirrors that you were flying in pieces. Glad to hear that we did not have contact but a shame that it ended your race.

Mac and Matheus ... excellent commentary again, the new overlays look splendid :). I loved the "subliminal advert" comment :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. John vd Geest

LOL!!!
    Instant classic !! I laught my ass off.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

I would also recommend a re-visit to the picnic spot, if you miss entry at T2 you can always take a right at the bridge...:D

upload_2019-4-1_13-53-20.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualy : Very pleased with P4 with a sub 1:59 PB
    Race : Very NOT pleased with my performance here. Glad I didn't cause John's crash. I knew you were there so I stayed to the right and was going to let you take the corner first but then I felt a small knock and you were gone. John what did you say about cold brakes and tyres :). Towards the end of the 1st lap as I came over the bridge I just understeered off the track. This took me by surprise. Not really sure what happened but like the 1st race I lost my front wing. With a brand new pit crew hired after the last race I was confident they wouldn't let me down. The pit crew promptly let me down. I entered the pits and no pit box. They were obviously off having a stubby in the beer tent. I pressed the request pit button but I was already in pit lane so I had to do another lap with no front wing. I actually kept up with the guys in front but I had to tiptoe through the corners. Pitted and then put in a few good laps until I came across a car recovering from an off. I went to overtake but he blocked me and almost stopped in front of me. I hit his back wheel and was propelled into a wooden post made out of titanium. Engine gone. Race finished.

Well done to the winner :) and to the podiums :)
    Well done to those that finished :) and commiserations to those that didn't :(

On to Kyalami. Hopefully will not have a 1st lap pile up here.
    Looking for my 3rd pit crew as they've all be sacked.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. John vd Geest

You go through them right quick LOL!
    Well, the reason that I moved to the right was because I pressed "look right" to see where you were, and accidentally also moved the steering a bit to the right. I went down in flames.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kayo Michiels

Kayo Michiels Pro Driver

You need to request a pitstop before you can enter the pits, in order to get serviced.

• Agree Agree x 1