Assetto Corsa Round 2 Magny Cours

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Eurocup 2024' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 22, 2024.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Errrrr....what?? o_O:eek::confused::D

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I see a flaw in your calculation.
    The projected average lap was 1.46.5, so 106.5 seconds. No idea how you got the 104 result.
    Then I question why the fuel usage of someone who is "slower" would differ from the leaders. Let me clarify this.
    Let's say a "fast" driver uses knows how to short shift and/or lift and coast. The "slower" driver doesn't. In this case the "fast" driver will be able to cover more distance per liter of fuel.
    Now let us turn this around. Say the "fast" driver is fast because he revs the engine higher and brakes later than the "slower" driver. The "slower" driver is using the short shift and/or lift and coast tactic. In this case the "slower" driver will be able to get more laps out of the full fuel tank.
    In AC there is no correlation between slow and fast drivers. The fuel usage is calculated using the following formula
    (rpm*gas*CONSUMPTION)/1000 litres
    So as everyone will drive the same(isch) distance each lap the fuel consumption should be about the same for everyone if they follow the same tactic.
    You could argue that one would ad the usage of the extra time it takes the slower driver to finish the lap, but that is compensated by the fact that the slower driver will not reach the high rpm as the faster driver would.

Anyway, when I race in my League and people ask me how much fuel they'll need I'm always spot on.

An easier way to know your personal fuel usage is to use Ptracker. Once you've done 5+ laps it will give you a correct number of laps you can do with the fuel you have.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

My summary will be short but meaningful:
    Average lap time over 45min: 1:46.2 (only 0.1s from my qualifying lap!) :eek:
    Consistency: 99.58 :cool:
    Fuel left at the finish line: 0.1l :D
    And still no chance for 1st place... o_O
    That's how good Roy is. ;) Respect and congrats again! And really fairplay from all those who were lapped.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

The 1.44 (104 secs) lap time from the fastest guy was just a guess. I was aware of the Seat Leon Series that were run in the past, and from what happened in Grobnik (1.29.8 was improved to 1.28.0), I thought the 1.47.9 from 2018 could well be improved by 2-3 seconds. Per se not an issue to be over-optimistic here. But as said, the whole thing backfired because of my thought, that getting lapped is guaranteed - which would automatically mean I have to drive a lap less distance than the lead cars. So, no - I do not think, being slower is automatically more fuel efficent. We all saw in Grobnik that it is the other way round, but there I was lapped way before the very last lap. So thats where this came from.

Thanks for the hint with ptracker, I forgot about that. Lets see if that helps to have a less flawed calculation next time.

• Like Like x 2