Automobilista Round 2 Miami Homestead

Discussion in 'Taking it to The Streets Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 2
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

No idea where Ken found this track, didn´t know it and I really struggled to find pace. As yesterday a set up from a frontrunner helped me, thanks Csaba. I´m not sure if it was actually the set up or this was more a psycological confidence boost. Any way, it was really tight in qual between Paul and me. A few hundreds in his favour.
    The start of the race was a bit hectic, but a stayed in fourth behind Paul who was a bit faster than me, while I got under pressure from. I didn´t felt comfortable to push more. At some point I thought it would maybe better to let him through. But that was soon invaild because he had a bigger crash.
    In the closing stages I closed the gap to Paul, but I couldn´t get close enough.

Now I´m curious what kind of challenge Ken selected for us with that San Francisco (I double checked, this time it is the right name).

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Complete nightmare of a race here. The track was tough as hell but for me the problem is the car, it gives me zero confidence.
    I tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work, I'm just unable to drive this car. I think the M3 just doesn't suit me at all. I struggle to accelerate, to brake, and to corner haha. Let's see how it goes in California but I don't have many hopes. :oops:

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I think the flat torque curve of the engine in this car is one of the tough things to control, along with the fixed gears which doesn't help when changing down to 2nd which is a bit too short creating an easily locked rear axle. I must admit I too am still having a hard time being consistent and reasonably fast with it. :(

AMS BMWE92GTR Power Graph.jpg

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Exactly how I feel about this bloody car. The back end has a mind of it's own. I take the corner in the same way and have a 50:50 chance of making it around. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualification
    Did a decent lap but a couple of seconds off of Fab and Csaba pace. You guys have found the secret to driving this car.
    Well done Fabricio :)

Race
    Got a good start and remained in 3rd. I hated this car right from the first lap I did at Baku. I can't seem to find a setup that has any grip and can turn into the corners without massive understeer which is bad on street circuits, not to mention that unpredictable backend which I have already mentioned above but is worth mentioning again without mentioning it which as I say I've already mentioned. Damn that sentence got away from me a bit ;). Without the confidence of the top 2 I began to fall back and my race was now all about staying ahead of Philipp. I managed to pull out a 6 second lead but that back end did what it does and I lost it. Off on the grass I lost a few seconds getting going again. This off made me super cautious for the rest of the race but I managed to bring it home in 3rd. Was also worried at the end as I still don't know why my engine blew at Baku. Does anyone use the XD or GID plugin? I can't get it working but I'm sure it did work at one stage.

Well done Fabricio for the win and Csaba for 2nd :)

Great track Ken. Never raced here before. Thought it was going to be the same as the Scirocco V6 race we had last week. Great looking track which just shows that DX11 isn't everything. Really tricky in this bloody car which I now officially hate. It reminds me of the Ultima GTR road car. Just couldn't get that car stable. I think once you loose confidence in a car it's very difficult to get it back especially when none of the setup changes you do make any difference. I will stick with it though and hope the next track, which again I don't think I've been to before, proves to be better for this car. :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Fabricio Lourenço

Fabricio Lourenço Pro Driver

I also had a lot of difficulty with this car in the beginning, especially with this issue of 2nd gear
    But what worked for me was starting to put 2nd gear at the beginning of the re-acceleration. So the car stays stable

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fabricio Lourenço

Fabricio Lourenço Pro Driver

I've never had such a tense race like yesterday:eek:
    I don't know where I got that lap from the standings, 45.4 was by far my best lap
    Since I managed to start well, I kept myself in first position. But I sure wasn't the fastest guy there. I couldn't get a distance from Csaba, my luck was that I didn't have a good
    overtaking point on that track. I noticed this when chasing Jorge during training :D

The most tense moment was the last cure of the last lap, I made a mistake and Csaba finished 0.122 from me.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

20190801151051_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3