Assetto Corsa Comp Round 2 Misano

Discussion in 'ACC 2021 GT3 Series 3 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

R2 Night.jpg
    Registration

Drivers! Round 2 will be a Night Race!
    Make sure you practice appropriately.
    The practice session is a 2 hr session starting @ 7 pm (in-game time).
    Q will be at 6 pm (in-game time).
    The race will start at 8 pm (in-game time) 3x time excel.
    Don't get confused with the times :D the above times are in-game simulation times.
    Q starts at 19:00 GMT /Race @ 19:15
    60 min /1 mandatory pitstop / 4 tire change.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. FKR

FKR SRO Team Owner

The server is up!

3. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Wont make this one, something came up.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Keep in mind that even though this is a "night race" In testing, the local time zone/season for this track is summer & it stays light till around 9 pm, Knowing this we have adjusted the time excel to 3X, now with the 8 pm in-game start we should have some darkness towards the end (around 11 pm..;) with 3X)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  5. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

cool idea running a night race at Misano, like they often do for real :cool: will see if i can make this one, though im also racing sunday night so i'll be popular indoors :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Simon Brown

Simon Brown Pro Driver

Hello lads, does the server go down at all today? Or am I free to practice all day on it?

7. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up all day.

8. Rob Milliken

9. Simon Brown

Simon Brown Pro Driver

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  10. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry, didn't realize that it's a night race. I'll have to skip this one, because I always have trouble racing in the dark.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

I really do not like this track, there not one part that doesn't feel like i'm missing something. So far its going to be a certain that i will lose the backend a couple of times at the end of the back straight/ kink, I can see i'm losing a lot of time in the final sector as well when i do make it. Doing high 37's but more often low 38's.

12. Keeping the back end in check is the biggest challenge of the Audi, it's notorious to suddenly snap away.

13. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Unfortunately i moved to my girlfriends hometown for the weekend so i cant make it tonight :( I am sorry guys, see you at next one.

14. Rob Milliken

Replay uploaded to the site's download section, or click here! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rob Milliken

Fun race Guys! Good to see some pressure on the leaders, & good show VDA taking pole, But Team shark's Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.07.24 - 21.44.23.30.jpg Jeffery Ruskus is pretty dam quick! :D
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.07.24 - 21.40.41.77.jpg
    Some more shots:
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.07.24 - 21.47.12.88.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.07.24 - 13.38.37.06.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.07.24 - 21.31.06.47.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.07.24 - 21.45.12.82.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

• Like Like x 3
  17. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

I dunno about the rest of you but my framerate was bad at Misano. Was down at 40fps! I tried turning some details down but made no difference, was still rubbish. I normally run at EPIC everything on triples and get 70-90fps even in the rain!

18. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

A track which requires quite a flowing driving style and be able to run close with people. Lost count of the number of times i was susrprised by people, feeling everyone was driving it differently to me, bit of a speed differential so then end up locking up and going off and having to do it all again. Getting hit on the second lap this time by someones pretty agressive rejoin..

It looked to me Rob, you dived to the pits late and then didn't know where the pit speed line was? stuck the limiter on so early that i almost ran into you and so not only lost that time, i missed my pit stall as i couldn't see! :rolleyes:

My pace in the Audi doesnt seem quite as good as last season, or has just everyone got quicker...hmm...

Erm are the results correct? I swear there is some one missing from it, but cant remember the name..... Who was shadowing you for the first half Rob? He purposely was choosing not to overtake so was a bit slow in places which then caught me out a bit...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  19. Rob Milliken

Yes I blew that pit entry :eek::rolleyes: & Yes there was one more driver that was removed, he was a guest trying out the online racing & decided it's not for him .. & he never had all his info in the database to process results so he was removed/DQ'd ...

20. Rob Milliken

That is strange, for me ACC is pretty consistent with fps on all the track /car combos. I was averaging over 110 on my 50" single in 4k & saw no hiccups .. I also notice that the deference from high to epic on some of the settings has very little impact vrs. when you change from low to high ..I have everything on epic except bloom, its simply on high.. Im still experimenting with the 3080 TI , it pretty much powers it's way through all my games & the changing scenes, so far the only game that it absolutely has to grind to stay over 100 is BFV ...:rolleyes::p fans be a cherpin' ..lol