rFactor 2 Round 2 Monaco

Discussion in 'World Series by Renault Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Not exactly sure. I did find a skin pack that I had subscribed to via Steam workshop. I unsbscribed to it and after that it worked. However I also had the track uninstalled at the time and the server downloaded it before I gained access. This I'd done before and it did not fix it. So I'm not 100% certain it was the skin pack.

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

As Paul has said the app needs to be pointing to the correct folders as in my example here. But also make sure all the highlighted check boxes are clicked on.

Modmgr config.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Ken Jagger

Some so-called skin packs actually replace some of the cars mod files too, so I would suspect that was the issue all along as I've had that happen to me too. When encountering stuff like this it's always best to go back to the basic mod files for car & track and remove addons like the file you had.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Yes agree. In the past I've always subscribed to pretty much everything in the Steam workshop. But lately I see leagues dumping their skins and series stuff in their which I now avoid. Wish they wouldn't do it but I guess it makes it easy for league members to just subscribe to the item rather than having to go through a manual install process.

But yes I'm 90% certain it was the skin pack. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Thanks Ken this fixed my problem.

The Sound Effects had reset to 1.
    Changed to 64 and then tried to race but still had the problem.
    The important step here is once you change this value you must exit the game and re-enter before the new setting take effect.

I'm guessing now that after all the insults I've hurled at rF2 in the past few days will come back to haunt me in a fitting karma like way such as my health being too bad to race or crashing out at T1 L1. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Peter Jones

Peter Jones Pro Driver

Could somebody send me the mod file for Monaco please? My game has issues with downloading it automatically

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2021
  7. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'm glad I tried this now and not Sunday. Getting the same error.

8. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

This worked for me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

D'OH! This worked. Haha. So easy and Ken told me over and over again and it still left me boggled. It works now. Thanks Paul and Ken!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Glad you got it working Mark!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

Links to all the car/track mods we use are on every series and race page. Just click on it DL. If its not a STEAM workshop item, then you need to install it manually.

12. Peter Jones

Peter Jones Pro Driver

Thanks. I meant the race event file. They usually install automatically when joining the server but my game has issues installing things automatically

13. Ken Jagger

Have you tried verifying the rF2 install or uninstalling/reinstalling. I've never heard of problems with DL the very tiny vmod file for online racing.

14. Peter Jones

Peter Jones Pro Driver

Yeah, a couple of times. Nothing is out of the ordinary

15. Rocco Mina

Rocco Mina Pro Driver

Hi i can't d update

16. Rocco Mina

Rocco Mina Pro Driver

I can't find the server

17. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Unfortunately I'm going to have to pull out of the next two rounds. I've been offered a payed commentary today which starts during this race, and next round I'll be on holiday. I might well return for some rounds towards the end of this season though!

18. Ken Jagger

19. Ken Jagger

It's back up now.

20. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

:)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021