rFactor 2 Round 2 Monaco

Discussion in 'World Series by Renault Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Oh blimey. I’ve been working lots of extra shifts for the last few weeks so no time for practice on this one.

Now I’m having all the package error messages shown above. Will try and sort it as fast as I can but just got home from work and wanted to do some practice. Don’t really want to do two practice laps and then into qualifying. Lol

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I know how you feel Andrew. Hope you manage to get some time in before Q.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Check you not subscribed to any skin packs for this mod. Think this was the problem I had Good Luck

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

right at the beginning of the series I was subscribed to a skin pack which I think modified the main car files, I removed that so only the Renault is on there now. I can’t remove the mod files the game is stopping me, so gonna try in the application outside of RF2

5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Odd…according to mod manager I’m missing both the track and car but they are both there. I’ve tried reinstalling the track from scratch. Will try the car as well.

no sound issues I’m happy to report though.

edit: nope I’m so sorry guys I can’t cure this issue, I’ve removed everything and reinstalled but no luck "unable to install server mod, most likely cause is missing content".

modmgr is still showing that i’m missing both the car and the track but they are both there. So not sure what else to try at the moment.

looking at the numbers on the server makes me think I’m not the only one having these issues.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Brakes failed. End of :(

Well done to winners and pods :)

7. Ken Jagger

Can you post a couple of screenshots of your modmgr showing the "mods" section, cars section and tracks section?

8. Ken Jagger

Never had a brake failure before Paul, bad luck for you :(

9. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

No nor me. Hoping it isn't a hardware issue. They were fine in the Games Controller app afterwards. So not sure what happened there.

Thanks for letting me through at the beginning. Stupid me tried to start the race in neutral. DOH!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Grats to winner and finishers. Monaco isn't my cup of tea. Start of race, I locked the brakes, spun and drove it back to the pits for repairs. Came out dead last and almost hit the escape key but decided, it's all about the fun driving so I continued. I somehow came back to 5th place as the race continued. Ken was in a accident in front of me and I thought he was going to wait until I passed as I had some speed but he pulled out, I had nowhere to go and I braked/locked and bam, straight into his front right and the barrier. At the same time, this track has a bunch of blind turns so he probably didn't know I was coming at speed. Paul was in back of me but I though he was a leader and wanted to pass so when I was racing Ken, I tried to slow a bit so he could pass. Noticed he had trouble passing maybe I was making it hard to pass so I slowed even more and lost Ken a bit so Paul could pass me but still, he didn't pass. Until I noticed, he was fighting for position. That's when I decided to hit the gas and race as I was loosing Ken. Maybe he was thrown off by my letting off the gas early so he could pass? Anyways, caught up to Ken and went for a pass. That didn't go well. I turned left to give him room but my car just did this slow left turn as the front right wheel was in single percent digits, about to pop. So I pinched him but that wasn't my intention. By the end of the race, my tires were all in single percent digits. Didn't think I would make the last lap I felt one of the tires would blow. They were done, I was done, I wanted out haha. Anyways, I had fun but would rather not race here on this iconic track.

Cheers to all racers.

Edit: Force feedback died. My wheel wouldn't center and when I would turn left or right, the wheel would turn itself even more left or right. Reason why I almost hit the escape after my spin but I continued.

And if I was a wedge in someones crack on this track, I apologies. Track, I find this at the bottom of the totem pole.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

Some enjoyable laps together at the end there Johnny, after my Olympic Gold Winning pirouettes at the Swimming Pool :eek:. I'm sure I've never seen real cars dance about so much at that point in the circuit. When I got going again, I had waited for everyone to go past, or so I thought as all the car dots on the track line were so close together, so apologies for squeezing you unintentionally. I was hoping for one more lap when I managed to close up on your a** :D again, but time ran out for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

After watching the replay, It was Mr. Mark Hightree that was behind Ken and I. I believe he was faster than both us guys in front of him and wanted to unlap himself. I tried to make it easy but it's tough in Monaco. So tough, I had trouble even looking at the leaderboard.

13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Sorry @Ken Jagger I was a bit gutted on Sunday so just walked away from the PC and had a drink, lol.

I'll see if I can get a screen shot for you. Not 100% sure but could it be that RF2 was getting confused between round 2 Le Mans and round 2 Monaco event files? I was trying to delete the event mod file but it wouldn't let me, saying the mod was currently in use, event with the game closed down.

It was bizarre that it was showing the error that the mod files could not be found when they were there. I deleted and reinstalled everything twice as well.

I was rushing at the time (I was trying right up until the end of qualifying) to try and sort it. I just needed to slowly work through bit by bit until it worked. Shame my week had been so busy and I didn't pick up on this sooner, my apologies for missing the event because I think this one would have been fun. I haven't raced on Monaco since the Microprose Grand Prix days! lol

The PC is pretty new so the RF2 installation is very neat at the moment, no excess files at all.

14. Ken Jagger

No because every vmod file we create has a slightly different name, including for all races in a specific series. There is however a very, very slight chance that if we run a series several months later for the same cars, then the filename might get duplicated. This is why I advocate and advise everyone to periodically uninstall and remove old vmod files.
    Did you uninstall it first? It's a 2-step procedure i.e. uninstall and then delete.

15. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yeah I thought I had a quick car. But as with race 1, I can't seem to get through lap 1 without wrecking. At Monaco I didn't even get to turn 1 before being hit from behind and that pretty much ended it for me. Was forced into the wall later on in lap 1. Ugh. Maybe next race I start from the pit lane just to be safe :)