Automobilista Round 2 Monaco

Discussion in 'Porsche Cayman Cup Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry guys can't make the race will be still :mad: out shopping with the boss.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Finally back after some weeks off and under normal circumstances Monaco is a rather unpleasant affair.
    But it´s maybe time to change my mind, because in in the past I was neither fast nor able to finish the race. This time it was a bit different apart from some (on live racers it looks way worser than it was :p ) minor wall contact.
    Scott was clearly unbeatable and with my two spins Paul was also out of range. But P3 is ok, I was able or was allowed to pass Flaviu on track but I´m a bit confused about that. Because he short shifted the whole time? Was that because of fuel consumption?
    That was tight for me too, but it was enough to save the last three laps to finish with a dry tank.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

I was surprised with my walk in the park here... Nigel, I might have to have a word with your shopping boss... I dont think Paul had much practice, and Ken seems to be fighting this car (like I am in the super GT mod)

Also I thought I was in for trouble after I ran some laps offline last night and realized I had somehow changed a profile and turned on TC, abs and stability aids and then had some disaster laps with the aids off and went to bed frustrated... But a new day, and a few tweaks with the setup and twas all good.

I see Phillip crossed the line with 0.00 fuel ..woah!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Unusual for me but i was looking forward to racing at Monaco, Offline with full fuel i was managing mid 1:41s had a good stable setup. On to round 3 Hungaroring :)

5. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Well, this was a very strange race for me. I mean, not really the race but pre race events :(.
    First I got a speed ticket two hour before the race :mad:, then at the start of qualy my battery in wireless keybord just died :confused:. Spent half of qualy searching for battery replacement. Found it but my mood was .... gone with the wind. In race I was as careful I could, knowing it is not my best day to push hard. To confirm this after I spin, instead of reverse button I pus manual clutch button. My engine stop and I couldn't start it again. So, this was the end.
    @Philipp Pichler You was much faster then me, and I don't want to ruin your race to with a fight I could not take :oops:
    See you next time, maybe with more practice time for me (unfortunately RL-real life always interferes with RL-racing life:D)

• Like Like x 2