rFactor 2 Round 2 Montreal

Discussion in 'GTD Sportscar USA Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Ken Jagger

We currently have 3 members who are Red Light for this race, so if you know you will not be running, please unregister so they can get in.

3. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

dear mates!
    we beg your pardon, there has been a server problem with Road America!
    Ken tried everything, also an old version of the track didnt work.

So a decision had to be made, which track should be the substitute.
    We decided that Montral should be the one. Why? Its not USA but North America.
    And all racers will know this track, thats important, because there are only 5 days left.

So please accept the change of the program and keep joining, the grid in Race 1 was amazing!

Best regards, Gary

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gerhard Hofmann

If someone needs a lesson about driving the track, he has to watch this hints of a wellknown simracer. :cool:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
    " frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like Like x 2
  5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Montreal is just as good as Road America and will make for some awesome racing. Cool track, good choice!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

It's actually a good news, the change of track. This version of road america have pretty bad performance and should be avoided.
    Even a demanding track like sebring I get over 75fps at the start of a full grid on triple screen and then it goes up to 90-100... with this track I get like 36fps and at best 46... half the perf... and putting the track detail to low doesn't help at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

Due to the large entry for this race, we have set the server to allow 45 cars. We do not know how this will affect the Gfx for the race, but suggest you lower the number of visible cars in your rF2 settings which should help. If it causes problems then we will stick to a maximum of 36 cars for the remaining races.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ken Jagger

Again due to the large entry, for all the remaining races we will be using a Rolling Start which means when the start lights go green, we drive a formation lap in single file, qualifying grid order, so make sure before the green you know who you should be following. The pole position driver will control the speed on this lap, not exceeding 120kph. The race will start when the leader exits the final turn, not at the start/finish line. This formation lap will count as 1 lap of the race total.

9. Gerhard Hofmann

Perfect Ken. Both decisions are absolutely ok.

10. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

How do you set the field of cars & get the heads up on the FPS. The key I use for FPS doesn't seem to change much.

11. Ken Jagger

Go into the rF2 Options and adjust the number of visible cars in there. You can also lower the GFX settings if you have issues with performance.

rF2 Options tab.jpg

rF2 GFX Options.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ken Jagger

Make sure you have a key programmed against the Framerate option under the MISC options on the rF2 Control Tab.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

14. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks for upping the server slots ! ;) !! WHAT A GRID !!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Andrew Blackburn

Andrew Blackburn Pro Driver Donator

I am new to this and racing in my first race in round 2 and have a few questions, if someone does not mind answering them.

1. What is the log in procedure on race day? I saw a spot for a password on the main page and presume that at race time there is a password listed and that we are to enter after logging on to the server through rFactor2. Is that correct?
    2. Are pit stops required or needed?
    3. Can you qualify on the soft tires and race on the medium tires?

Sorry if all of these answers are somewhere on the forum. I am not familiar with everything and have been nerding over doing something wrong on race day.

16. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ad 1) This is from a forum post:
    Again due to the large entry, for all the remaining races we will be using a Rolling Start which means when the start lights go green, we drive a formation lap in single file, qualifying grid order, so make sure before the green you know who you should be following. The pole position driver will control the speed on this lap, not exceeding 120kph. The race will start when the leader exits the final turn, not at the start/finish line. This formation lap will count as 1 lap of the race total.

There are 2 passwords. One for the practice server that you can see now. And a second one for the race server that will be added on race day.

Ad 2) There is no rule for a mandatory pitstop, so they're not required. If you need it is another question :)

Ad 3) You can take whatever tire you want for any session.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

I'm looking into the frame rate thing since the last race I somehow lagged into another car and got booted. If you race nuts could make a few comments, would appreciate it a LOT!
    Somehow my frame rate is around 60-35min in my home race with 4 cars but they aren't close. That seems ok to me.
    I think I set this somewhere as a target but can't remember where.
    I looked at those other settings U guys posted and mine were pretty close, so it didn't change my FPS much.
    I'm having a problem when I'm practicing about after 20 min or so on the track, I'm driving and the whole sim freezes, like it's writing (video/replay?) to the HD for 2 seconds or so, then I'm back at a different place on the track, usually heading towards the gardco. This usually only happens once per startup of simulation, once it happens, it doesn't seem to recur till the next time I restart the whole simulation. Does anyone know where/what to change to mitigate this freezeup?

18. Ken Jagger

Freezing and stutters can be caused my lots of things, not just game settings, so its impossible to give a simple answer. For a first test you could try disabling the recording of replays if you have them set. Also make sure you do not have any other programs set to auto-update which might be running in the background e.g. Windows updates, AV updates etc.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andrew Blackburn

Andrew Blackburn Pro Driver Donator

Thank you! looking forward to the race tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Paulo Rodrigues

Paulo Rodrigues Pro Driver

Very nice track, but unfortunatly i'm out of this one. already unregitered, so please someone take my seat.
    Good race for all... so many cars in Montreal must be...an adventure.