rFactor 2 Round 2 Montreal

Discussion in 'GTD Sportscar USA Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Zakirov Alexander

Zakirov Alexander Pro Driver

2. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

I got booted due to lag in the first race, the second race was more or less crazy till about 1/2 left due to crashes/booted/other issues. I would rather run smaller grids and have close racing than large grids and have to keep away from all other cars. JoeB & I had issues twice in the last race, I'm sure that it was due to lag. I'm not a computer nut, so something needs to be fixed, I don't know what.

Alex posted a replay, a lot of cars appear to be skating all over the track. Can we get a replay from the server to see how it saw things, maybe that will give some insight.

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

NHS Tribute to True Heroes.png Here my skin I used yesterday. A tribute to the UK's National Health Service. True heroes in this crisis. Not sure whether custom skins were causing any of the problems we had. Hope not :)

• Like Like x 11
  5. Andrew Blackburn

Andrew Blackburn Pro Driver Donator

6. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

Hi Paul, I like your skin. I also drove a McLaren the #36 the one with the light blue design at the rear. When I was logging on to the server yesterday I chose the #36 and went to the tuning page and I had your HNS skin with a greenish coloured body and white lettering. I thought it was some sort of shared skin which I thought was cool but now suspect that was not supposed to have happened.

7. Ken Jagger

Click on the replay link on the race page www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/1205 to download it. Then copy it into your ..\STEAM\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Replays folder. You can then view it within rF2 by selecting it from the rF2 single player - Options tab.

8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

No it was supposed to be Blue. I'm not sure what happened to the colouring. I don't know anything about the new regions in the skin files so maybe I have screwed something up in there. It looks OK in the showroom.

9. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

When you connect to multiplayer server and downloads custom skins, they are available in single/multiplayer later on as well. Good or bad you can have opinion about as it mess up your perfect arranged custom skins, but that's how it (often) works :p:)

10. Andrew Blackburn

Andrew Blackburn Pro Driver Donator

oh, okay thank you

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

Once again apologies to everyone who was entered in this race, for the issues we all experienced during Qualifying and the Race.

We have done some investigation and based on what we believe is good information, we have made some changes to the network configuration of all four of our rF2 servers. Until we run on them with another large number of cars, which realistically will be the next GTD USA round at Sonoma, it's unlikely we will be able to verify if the changes have helped or removed the problem.

In association with our server changes we ask that, at least for the next race, you all change and/or set your rF2 Client Network Settings to ISDN 64 Kbps. The information we are basing our changes on states "In general it is more than sufficient for a client to leave the default setting on 64/64 (isdn) ..."

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

Where would we find these CNSettings? Thanks for the rac'in!

13. Ken Jagger

You really do need to explore the tabs and screens within rF2 more Darrel :D

Go through the process of logging on to a server and you will see this on the 1st screen.
    rF2 Online Network settings.jpg

• Like Like x 3