rFactor 2 Round 2 Monza

Discussion in 'Formula 4 Powered by ACD Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  2. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Race 1, wasn't much to speak of. Found myself in the middle of a 3 wide sandwich heading into T1. Got the squeeze from both sides, then all 3 of us (and perhaps others) got wrapped up and crash ensued. :rolleyes:
    Recovery race and some practice for Race 2.

Race 2, feeling much better about things...quali'd P3. Start went well enough, stayed P3 for a long time, just trying to assure I didn't lose contact with the top 2. Was trying to work with P2, hoping we'd make up ground on P1. Was working for a while, then I finally started looking for a way by, made a small mistake and nearly lost contact. About that point, realized P4 was breathing down my neck suddenly...where the heck did he come from!?! o_O

Managed to hold him off a while (good racing back there, pressuring in the proper way...I was definitely feeling it)
    With only minutes to go, I was actually thinking I was going to manage a podium, only to destroy all hope when I got up on the sausage curb in Ascari. Nose must have clipped the curb as it sent the front in up in the air. Stuck the landing, but not wiggle room. Gravel trap stopped me dead in my tracks.
    Did not want to risk backing out of it. Even if I'd managed it without overheating the car, I wasn't willing to back out into the track without being able to see, so I DNF'd at that point. :(

Grats to the front runners...was enjoyable. :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Arrived late for this one and decided to race without practice only because its such a well known track for me (first track I sim raced on back with GTR :) ). Planned to stay at the back and use the race for praccy. Realised Id loaded up an old P2 set up in the rush and ended up with way too much wing and fuel. Managed to miss the crash at the start and made up some places but lost em quickly with the set up issues I had. Still, fairly consistent and was doing reasonable time, considering, by the end.

Second race, felt much better with the low DF correct setup. Gradually got quicker getting used to the lower DF and had some good tussles chasing a few folk - I seemed to be following Norman for a large part of the race who was v.consistent. Happy with the 2nd race result and looking forward to the next.

Grats podium(s)!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Race 1 bogged down start, Found pace after making a mistake and losing front wing. Decided that I was still fast enough so carried on without wing . Chased Norman Bruce for a few laps and was close behind going into last corner. All of a sudden a lag spike put me directly in front of him so he couldnt avoid hitting me . Finished the race and ok with it
    Race 2: jumped the start and came into pits for punishment. Car raised then lowered but still had penalty when I left pits . Drove but made mistakes so went back into pits and gave up as I couldnt get rid of penalty
    Congrats to the podium and thanks Ken for helping me with car set up
    CYAS next round

5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Martyn you need to select to take the DT or S/G penalty in the in-car HUD menu, otherwise a pit visit will still be seen as normal pit stop.

6. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

I realise i dont have the pit procedure sorted in rfactor2....need to srt for the next race. I accidentally escaped the f1 1991 race last week while making a tyre change stop so not a goot pit record so far lol
    Will sort it Ken

• Like Like x 1