Assetto Corsa Comp Round 2 Nurburgring

Discussion in 'Blancpain GT3 Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  2. Rob Milliken

Servers UP !

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Nice race guys ! Results will be posted after admin reviews !
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2019.11.19 - 13.07.50.69.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Simon Pike

Simon Pike Pro Driver

Really enjoyed that Rob thanx bud :D, last place was better then I expected so all good ;)
    my wife said I can't cook wait till she tries my tires :D
    p.s. the rears were a bit over done:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

What an awesome race!
    I am really happy to be competitive in the NSX. Never thought I would be able to score a pole.
    It was my first decent rolling start and I could break away from Alex.
    After a while the gap remained the same more or less. I made a rather late pitstop and was baffled to see Pablo in front of me.
    I was wondering if Pablo did make a (complete) pitstop as he was sliding all over the place which looked like driving on worn tires.
    I reeled him in fast but it was difficult to make a decent overtake on him. Sorry for the tap in turn 1. It was my first battle in these cars / this game. :confused:
    After waiting for Pablo, Alex closed down the gap very fast and it became a threeway battle.
    With 5 minutes to go I was trying to have a good run out of the last turn trying to get under Pablo's bumper but it was Alex who put his car next to mine on the straight.
    I tried to keep my nose clean in turn 1. Alex must have misjudged his brakingdistance because he ran into Pablo. He decided to wait (respect!) and I went back into the lead.
    As a huge Hondafan I am very happy with this victory.
    See you all at Brands Hatch!

Cheers,

Tim

P.S.: I really hope someone saved the replay!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  7. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

First of all, I want to apologise to Roberto for our incident at the start. I tend to think that was a racing incident, but the fact is that you spun, although there was no contact between us from my camera.
    I don't know what happened during my pits... It was super fast, 7 seconds, whereas it should have taken 30s.
    Fact is that I was 12s behind Tim before the pits and returned 10s ahead, much slower than I should. Instead of doing 56's, I was doing mid 58's. Therefore, no tires were changed, and I don't know the reason...
    After that, that was a bit of fighting with Tim and Alex, with some contact... I thought you were divebombing me a bit, as even on new tires I was breaking at the 110m mark, but no complaints about that. You acted like gentlemen waiting for me, even at the second spin, when it took me 20s to restart the car, as I didn't realize I was in 2nd gear...

I don't care about the DQ, I think it was a fair penalty to me for what happened at the start, I'm only sad because I had to read a new member asking to ban me, like if I'm dishonest.. I have been racing these guys for ten years, since R2P, and no one has ever questioned my integrity. That's it.

Thanks all for coming.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Did you already know during race you were disqualified? If not: no biggy.
    If so: you shouldn't have interfered with the lead battle, imo.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

No. I was disqualified at finish line. Which I found weird, because in the pits, there was a confirmation that my stop was valid, that's why I raced for real with you both.

10. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Apologies for not racing and not de-registering - late from work. A real shame as I was looking forward to this one.

11. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Maybe you had to tick the box 'change tyres' in the pit menu. I kept a close eye on it because it isn't always ticked if I am taking a pitstop.
    Still a bit confusing that menu imo.

In the end, look at it like this mate: you created an awesome battle. ;)
    Sorry for the divebombing, still learning in the aspect of duelling. Was a thrilling one for my first! :)

12. Roberto Balli

Roberto Balli Pro Driver Donator

No problem Pablo.
    Not my evening, I didn' t even succeed to make pit stop !!

See you next race :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

I think Tim nailed it ...For me even if I set a tire change up in the "set up" the tic box is always empty on the menu.
    Maybe this will clear it up :D Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.20 - 01.58.20.50.png
    And don't be fooled by the VALID window . As you can see I have not got to my pit yet to complete anything and its green ? what >? , it can trick you !.. The VALID window is simply a message window to let you know there is a mandatory pit and what you need to do to complete it or clear it , it lets you know , when green, that the pit window is open and your stop will be valid (as long as you complete what's listed under requirements ) ..

Once you have completed the mandatory tire change when you exit the pits you will see this message and the valid window will be gone (unless there are more mandatory stops set up by the race admin or you have not completed the requirments)
    Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.20 - 02.11.15.39.jpg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. FKR

FKR SRO Team Owner

Results have been posted ! congrats to the podium ! & Tim for the Hat Trick Fastest Q lap / Fastest lap in race & the win for max points !
    Looks like there was some fender rubbing going on at the start there but it looks like you guys have sorted it ;-)
    Nice job on the sportsmanship /waiting for the driver who spun & so on :D!

Good Show Lads !!

POST RACE :
    Due the the nature of this series 1'sprint series' (1 of 4 series taking us all the way into the 2020 summer ending with 90 mi races) I want to keep it light as we learn the cars and the in's and outs of the pit stops , rolling starts ect.... With that said Pablo Finotti's auto DQ for failing to do the mandatory tire change has been replaced with a 30 second time penalty added to his total putting him in 6th .. It was proven that he had no intention of gaining an unfair advantage and did make his attempt at a tire change but failed ..

I would say better figure that $#!t out for Brands Pablo :D:eek::p

• Like Like x 1
  15. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

My race started off well the audi felt glued to the road, then after about 15 mins tyres felt slippery and I locked up in turn 3 , leaving Norman nowhere to go but hit me. After that car was really bad, and I could not make the Schumacher esses, car kept spinning out on me. Oh well, next time,

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  16. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

@ Rob Milliken (or someone else),
    Is there a replayfile available like last race?

17. Rob Milliken

Yes in the works ;)

Replay now available on the EVENT PAGE !

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Sorry about that Roger, I thought that had managed to avoid you. I did not feel a bump, when you spun I swerved and seemed to have no damage.
    My own race was spoiled by my pit stop, I was not to sure where the pit limit began so I hit the limiter way too early and lost a lot of time.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Germano Intorcia

Germano Intorcia Pro Driver

Thanks you jose antonio and alls drivers , only mistake s evening , because my best laps in pratica was 1.55.700 . Traffic in q1 and slow pitting for end race forget gasoline !!! Im very stupid . Happy to meet Rob and Roberto know good life .

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2