Assetto Corsa Comp Round 2 Oulton Park

Discussion in '2021 GT4 Challenge Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

You know you can press ESC when it ends Q but hasn't taken you to the Garage yet? This will take you to the garage.
    It doesn't help with the weather conditions as you don't know that until the session actually changes.

2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ok, I have sorted out the session overtimes & we should be all set for the next round. I also applied the same adjustments to the GT3 server .. Also if anyone wants the replay there is a link on the event page!
    Nice job staying on your toe's in the sudden rainstorm :eek: & Nice win Jeffrey Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.08.04 - 23.41.03.14.jpg
    We should now have 2 min after the session change from Q to R to see the weather, make changes. etc..
    & 1 min of wait time after the last driver crosses the line & the Q session ends.. (this is where we were stuck for 2 min before)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Thanks Rob!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I have just been doing some practice laps now with the McLaren and I was at 1'43.4 on default aggressive setup. I'll try to make the next one.

5. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Mixed feelings about the race, but at the end my fifth place was a good result..

I didn't know the track well plus the fact that isn't one of my favorites, so i did a lot of practice to get a better feeling and find out the brake points etc..
    Quali was very good indeed, i found a very good setup for my car and i qualified 3rd just right behind Simon.. Jeff once again was far away from the rest of the grid..

Race started and guess what.. It was raining... Pffff. I didn't practice at all a wet setup and unfortunately i didnt manage to change my dry setup to the basic wet one at least,
    so i went all the way with my - a bit aggressive - dry one..
    I did 3 major mistakes, the first one was at turn 3, after being pressured by Tim i braked a bit late and i lost it, so he managed to pass me easily, the second one was at turn 4,
    a couple of laps later i think, when again i braked late and found my self sliding on grass and John overtook me too..
    I tried to close the gap with John but again a couple of laps later at turn 10 i did my last mistake, i slide again i lost plenty of time and i found Rob just behind my tail..
    I did all those 3 mistakes because of my a bit aggressive driving plus my dry setup and of course because somehow i "forgat" the fact that wet conditions needs a very smooth driving.
    I will keep in mind that lol.
    I had a nice and clean battle for 3-4 laps if i remember well with Rob, i tried to be very careful not to do another mistake and i managed to gain my gap and finaly to finish fifth..

Special thanks to all the guys who raced, was a great one but i really want to see more ppl on this, GT4 are great cars and having plenty of fun driving.
    Well done to podium finishers, but my big congrats is going to Tim, mate you are a hero, driving the Maserati with those conditions without any abs and TC, is miraculous.. I always had a big respect about your driving, but now i have a lot more.. Well done again.

Next one is at Mount Panorama, a track that i really like and i had my best result there at the previous championship with BMW. I am looking forward for it.
    Take care all guys. :)