Assetto Corsa Round 2 Road America

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Practice server for Round 2 is up !
    I need GUIDs from 3 drivers
    Ricardo Carvalho
    Matheus Marcal (broadcaster but I still need the info)
    Riccardo Alitta
    Please log on and do a few laps so I can finish assigning your skins/cars :)

2. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

I think it is this number?

3. Rob Milliken

looks right ! we will see !

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

Should be ready for this race..just waiting on pressure sensor to show up and I can finish up my brake pedal.decided to go hydraulic instead of just fixing pot.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

Oh well, i am way off pace here. There is still some room to gain time, but again that is probably around .5 seconds which is still slower than the current leader time. I should focus on my stints now. I did not do a very good job in the last race after the pitstop... :D

6. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

RECRUITING ALL DRIVERS - RECRUITING ALL DRIVERS - Today we have our first Thursdays Fun! Showcasing the cars from the RSS GT1 Series and the week's track (Road America in this case)
    We gonna drive all the cars on stream and talk about them, also the track!
    I will be in our TeamSpeak server with a dedicated room on the bottom of the server waiting for anyone who wants to join!
    Event will start at 20:30 GMT if there's people to play with.
    Room name is RSS GT1 Showcase, server ip is: speak2-8.teamspeak.net

7. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Good luck with the stream, sounds like a great idea.

I'm sorry everyone, I've done some more laps in these cars and I'm really struggling. Just seems to be that Assetto Corsa and I are just not compatible.

Tried Road America and I'm still ten seconds or so off the pace with 98% AI settings so I don't think I stand a chance.

So I'm signing out of this league but it also allows me to concentrate on the GT3 league and the final race in the S397 cars.

Who knows, if I manage to get a handle on AC I may come back to it but at the moment I'm struggling. Sorry :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Riccardo Alitta

Riccardo Alitta Pro Driver

I had to give up on this championship Sorry guys

Thanks for all your support I'll see you soon

9. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

Oh no, i was asleep at that time (due to timezone difference) and completely forgot about it during the day! I hope i will be there for the next one... Sorry about it!:(
    Could you please give an earlier notice for the next one during the day?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

Is it me or is there a decline in the number of drivers who already have lapped around the track compared to India? :(

11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I think a lot of people underestimated how tricky these cars are on the limit.

We’ll see how it goes for the next round and who signs on.

I have real issues with Assetto Corsa anyway. Never been quick on it no matter how hard I try. I gave this league a go as the cars are amazing but ten seconds a lap off the pace will make for a very long race for me. I was spinning a lot mid corner or either running very wide corner exit which was making me worried I’d collect someone by accident. The car is just too unstable for me. So I had to give this league a miss which is a shame. As I say I may come back once the S397 league finishes but I need to spend time running laps and figuring out where I’m going wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Reinhard Berger

Reinhard Berger Pro Driver

hello,

same for me as for yusuf, i did only see this message about thurdsday testing (or whatever this is) now, so to late for me.

and i have same problems then andrew have, this cars are realy tricky for me to drive on limit, very unstabile and easy to make a spin, and i am off pace too (but this is general in AC for me, as i not often do drive this racegame anymore).
    i did a few laps in road america and i did 2.07.xxx as best, so if i have time for another testing i think 2.06 is possible, or even 2.05. (but this need for sure 10-15 laps).
    watching timetable (or whatever name is) is little frustration and looks like, i am realy slow in this track :(:confused::eek:.

servus

13. Ricardo Carvalho

Ricardo Carvalho Pro Driver

I believe practice will help with struggle and some setup. I was off pace too, but was able to improve... havent done a stint practice but the viper is eating my tires like kid in a candy store.
    These cars are a handful for sure but its challenging.

14. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yeah for sure, I hope everyone realises that I don't like doing this. Not like me to walk away from any league.

I think with the Endurance races and GT3 I'm not finding the proper time to do lots of running and get used to the GT1's, so rather than crash every lap and risk taking someone out I'd rather take a step back concentrate on the other leagues for the moment and maybe do the final rounds.

My worry also was the odd throttle and brake issues I had in round one. I seem to be having that in AC and no other sim. It could just be a one off but I need to investigate that as well :)

15. Jeroen Remmers

Jeroen Remmers Pro Driver

It seems alot are struggling. While the default setups work, they have to much downforce, and the diff settings are wrong for all, making it alot harder then it should be.

What I do to make the cars easier (for me atleast):

- Lower diff accel as low as you can, without getting 1 wheel spinning on throttle. (will be around 10-15 in most cars, lambo can take 5 even.) This will give some understeer on throttle but should help you alot with not binning it on corner exit ;)

- Lower diff decel to around 30-40 and see from there, if the car is too nervous, up it a little, if it wont rotate go down a little. This is for corner ENTRY only.

- Find the right aero balance for the car and track. Some cars (ie Viper) need the front splitter at 2 more then others. Putting the splitter at 2 requires to run a higher rear wing (otherwise the car will spin everytime due to too much front aero balance)
    These usually come out at 4/5/6 rear wing with 1 splitter, 9/10 with 2 splitter.

- Lower front arb/raise rear arb for better mid corner rotation (try it out and see what u like)

Damper, Spring, camber, toe settings work out pretty alright from their default values, there is not a big need to change these (fine tuning)

Default spring balance is also fine for all the cars

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

17. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

I can relate to that mate. Always quality over quantity imo

18. Reinhard Berger

Reinhard Berger Pro Driver

Lower diff accel as low as you can, without getting 1 wheel spinning on throttle. (will be around 10-15 in most cars, lambo can take 5 even.) This will give some understeer on throttle but should help you alot with not binning it on corner exit

thx jeroen, this did the trick for me it looks like, i am already down in 2.05.xxx and car is more easy to drive. i have this actual at 18 diff. accel and much metter then orginal.

thx and
    servus

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

Hi, I'm new here and going to try and make the race... will be a back marker.
    Trying to save time, where do you get the password?
    I need to get a car!

20. Rob Milliken